test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Reminder: Do not buyout the event on PC *just* for dilithium

tagentagen Member Posts: 544 Arc User
The Red Alert event that just ran had a problem with the dilithium rewards. While the daily counter indicated the reward went up by 1000 each day, the actual reward stayed at 8000 for many people.
https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/discussion/1259400/bought-out-red-alert-event-dilithium-rewards-not-increasing
https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/discussion/1259552/so-the-increasing-dill-rewards-are-not-working-again

This has happened in the past and, since I don't yet see notice of a fix, I am not sure we can trust that it won't happen again.

So buyer beware if you plan to fast track yourself to the bonus dilithium rewards. It may or may not bug out and they may or may not be able to fix it before the event ends.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    This has happen before, and it will happen again... sounds familiar.. :lol: But, yeah, it's quite possible that it will happen again, it happens almost every time anyway. Seems to be a nasty, almost imposible to track bug
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    yeah I never had it before but I had it this time in red alert. will be more of an issue in the anniversary.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• ussvaliant2#1952 ussvaliant2 Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    After being screwed over for the Red Alert Event I won't ever do it again.
    https://i.imgur.com/r6F7yxj.jpeg
  • evilspokevilspok Member Posts: 51 Arc User

Screwed over? Really? LOL
  • jennycolvinjennycolvin Member Posts: 1,100 Arc User
    evilspok wrote: »

Screwed over? Really? LOL

Yes, screwed over. You got a problem with that, you keep it to yourself and show a bit of understanding, instead of behaving like a TRIBBLE for the sake of it.
    kv1Ohsx.png
    Not agreeing with someone doesn't give you the right to be an TRIBBLE.

Ci sono tre tipi di giocatori:
    - quelli a cui non va mai bene niente... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che sono talmente imbesuiti da credere a qualunque cosa i dev dicano, perfino che la luna è fatta di formaggio... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che credono a quello a cui è giusto credere, sono d'accordo con quello con cui è giusto essere d'accordo e sono critici con quello che non va;

Ai giocatori dei primi due tipi, gratis in omaggio un bello specchio lucente su cui arrampicarsi. E una mazzata in testa per la loro poca intelligenza e compassione verso gli altri giocatori che non la pensano come loro.
    Agli appartenenti al terzo tipo, invece, dico grazie. Anche se non sempre si riesce a mantenere la calma, siete quelli per cui vale la pena incazzarsi.
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    The buyout costs zen which is the cash currency, think its fair enough to use the term screwed over because of that.

It does also happen on PS4 so console users should be wary of the buyout as well.
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    gaevsman wrote: »
    This has happen before, and it will happen again... sounds familiar.. :lol:

so_say_we_all1.gif
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    I don't understand why you would do this to begin with. Wouldn't you get more Dilithium by using the Zen you need to buy out the event and just converting it to Dilithium? I mean.. it's 500:1.. it seems like buying out an event for Dilithium would be a net loss anyway right?
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • tagentagen Member Posts: 544 Arc User
    I don't understand why you would do this to begin with. Wouldn't you get more Dilithium by using the Zen you need to buy out the event and just converting it to Dilithium? I mean.. it's 500:1.. it seems like buying out an event for Dilithium would be a net loss anyway right?

I have seen that noted before, too. I have not run the numbers myself, but I know every event that had this bug also had people on the forums saying they did the buyout for the dilithium. So...? Either way, it does not seem to be a great idea at least until the bug is tracked down and squished.
  • sovereign010sovereign010 Member Posts: 636 Arc User
    tagen wrote: »

I have seen that noted before, too. I have not run the numbers myself, but I know every event that had this bug also had people on the forums saying they did the buyout for the dilithium. So...? Either way, it does not seem to be a great idea at least until the bug is tracked down and squished.
    Isn't the dilithium you get worth less than the cost of the zen needed for the buyout in the first place, especially with the exchange rate being so bad right now?
  • tagentagen Member Posts: 544 Arc User
    tagen wrote: »

Isn't the dilithium you get worth less than the cost of the zen needed for the buyout in the first place, especially with the exchange rate being so bad right now?

Possibly? Probably? Like I said, I have not done the math myself. I have just seen posts from people who claim to have done the buyout for that reason and then if it is bugged they light their keyboards on fire and head here to vent. :)

Maybe knowing the bug could still be out there will save one or two people the trouble.
This discussion has been closed.