test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Character Liquidation

wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Member Posts: 1,728 Arc User
With the KDF recruiting, i've hit the slight issue of too many characters i don't play as, and no space for my recruit. The problem there is, after playing as these characters, they've amassed a bit of wealth that i'm not able to out right transfer, so i decided to hit up the forums. In regards to getting rid of unused characters, what is the best way to liquidate assets?

As such, i figured i would ask for advice about:

How to best spend fleet credits, preferably for the fleet's benefit.
How to spend reputation voucher dilithium.
A general idea/list of what to do to best prep a character to be deleted.

What is the general "best way" to get these characters ready for deletion, WITHOUT losing all their earned rewards?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,265 Arc User
    The best way of doing this is to make a note that a FREE character slot is comming with the recruitment event tomorrow :).
    No liquidation sale should be necessary for your poor command staff.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    You don't have to delete anyone, we're getting a free character slot for the Recruiting Event.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    previous recruitment drives gave us a free character slot... so I would hold off on that till it's released. you may not need to do it, and if you do, you can ask then.
  • crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    As a player who liquidated toons in the past, I must tell you that years later, I regret having deleted the toons. There were things about each one and reasons I created them. I have learned that it is easier to earn the dilithium to purchase the extra character slots and leave the toons there as opposed to deleting them and wishing later that you hadn’t... PLUS, the above posters are correct... you will magically find yourself with one extra slot come tomorrow afternoon...

:)
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    You don't have to delete anyone, we're getting a free character slot for the Recruiting Event.

This.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    While you may not need to delete thanks to the character slot, to answer the question:

1: Get all reputations to tier 5. Convert all remaining marks to dilithium, including elite marks, and be sure to open all mark boxes from random STFs.
    2: Refine all dilithium, then sell it or trade it to yourself via the exchange.
    3: Transfer all non-charbound inventory items, or sell them to a vendor. Check mail and market for any other items you might have tried to sell to players. Check RnD inventory. Check your shipyard.
    4: Any charbound items should be vendored, and anything that can't be vendored can be ignored.
    5: Transfer all EC.
    6: Make real sure you aren't deleting a character with a box ship (lobi, lockbox, promo) because you can't transfer it.
    7: After all that the character should be ready for deletion.
  • wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Member Posts: 1,728 Arc User
    The best way of doing this is to make a note that a FREE character slot is comming with the recruitment event tomorrow :).
    No liquidation sale should be necessary for your poor command staff.

ohhhhh, nice. Still, though, i'm sure there are plenty of people maxed out on characters. Not me, but i like to concept build and some just don't work out, so i wouldn't mind deleting a few anyway.

Still, glad to hear we're getting a free slot out of tomorrow, too.
    westmetals wrote: »
    If you still want to liquidate...

While you may not need to delete thanks to the character slot, to answer the question:

Exactly the kinds of tips i was hoping to get, so thank you, both!

It kills me that the lobi/lock box items are character bound and not account, simply due to the cost. It would be nice if things were more account based just because we're one person running an account, not one person for each character. Too many currencies and character binds can get annoying, quickly.
  • foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User

1: Get all reputations to tier 5. Convert all remaining marks to dilithium, including elite marks, and be sure to open all mark boxes from random STFs.
    2: Refine all dilithium, then sell it or trade it to yourself via the exchange.
    3: Transfer all non-charbound inventory items, or sell them to a vendor. Check mail and market for any other items you might have tried to sell to players. Check RnD inventory. Check your shipyard.
    4: Any charbound items should be vendored, and anything that can't be vendored can be ignored.
    5: Transfer all EC.
    6: Make real sure you aren't deleting a character with a box ship (lobi, lockbox, promo) because you can't transfer it.
    7: After all that the character should be ready for deletion.

Decent list but ignores DOFFs, BOFF candidates and fleet credits. ;)

True, I forgot about Doffs, Boffs are probably not important, and fleet credits I know nothing about so can't help you there, but I should have mentioned it.
  • cbrjwrrcbrjwrr Member Posts: 2,782 Arc User
    If you still want to liquidate...

- any unbound items can be account banked or mailed
    - bound to account items can be put in account bank
    - any unbound DOFFs can be mailed
    - fleet credits can be used to buy purple or blue or green quality RANDOM DOFFs (from Starbase/Colony vendors)... these are boxed but when unboxed, are unbound DOFFs and can be mailed to other characters of same faction. The specific DOFFs like at the Lab and such can't be used for this as they come bound.
    - fleet credits can be used to buy white quality RANDOM doffs for fleet projects, or to buy spire/embassy/lab/etc provisions, or directly to fill certain projects
    - any RANDOMLY GENERATED candidate BOFFs can be mailed, or converted into an unbound skill manual. Already commissioned officers cannot, and non-random candidates (like mission reward Jem'Hadar Tactical) will convert to bound manuals.
    - rep marks and collectibles can be converted to dilithium ore
    - dilithium can be transferred (after refining)
    - dilithium vouchers can't be transferred, but if you can convert it to fleet credits...
    - some bound items can be salvaged and then the resulting R&D materials can be banked or mailed. Salvage can't be transferred but could be used to re-engineer transferrable items.

And one last thing - save one of their outfits so that you can load them up again later when you realise that you miss them.

Really though, unless you have 50+ characters (I forget what the limit is exactly, but it is over 50) just make use of the new slot being given out.
    cbrjwrr wrote: »
    And one last thing - save one of their outfits so that you can load them up again later when you realise that you miss them.

Solid tip, right there, good idea.
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    In addition, be mindful as very old characters will have a ton of character-bound legacy items that you cannot ever get back through reclaim. Some are in the phoenix box, but not all.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
This discussion has been closed.