test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

new klingon captain questions regarding anniversary update

ktm1ktm1 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
hey guys. with tomorows big update coming up i have a couple questions if anyone can shed some light on it.
i know that there is The klingon recruitment, i know that there is the discovery era klingons. i know there is the anniversary event.
-is the klingon recruitment restricted to discovery era klingons, regular klingon races or can either become?
- is the discovery era klingons only a visual with a few unlocks (costumes etc)..... or do they have their own, seperate tutorial and starting experience?
im asking because a friend of mine is anti discovery, and i am pro discovery, but we both want to participate in the recruitment event... and we were wondering if one of us would get the shaft or not.... and i will be honest i kinda want a more complete discovery era starter experience but im pretty sure its not going to happen

thanks for taking the time to read and(possibly) respond.

Q'apla!
space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    ktm1 wrote: »
    -is the klingon recruitment restricted to discovery era klingons, regular klingon races or can either become?

No; any KDF faction species counts as a recruit.

- is the discovery era klingons only a visual with a few unlocks (costumes etc)..... or do they have their own, seperate tutorial and starting experience?

AFAWK it is just a new species. However they recently revamped the tutorial and early missions, so the entire early experience is going to be much better than it was in the past.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    *deleted forgot quote
  • Options
    ktm1 wrote: »

No; any KDF faction species counts as a recruit.

AFAWK it is just a new species. However they recently revamped the tutorial and early missions, so the entire early experience is going to be much better than it was in the past.

thanks grand nagus for the response! makes me feel better knowing that i can play my disco theme side by side with my friends next gen theme. (except for tutorial of course).... and yes a starting experience improvement is defenitely a good thing... but i would have still liked "disco" themed start. but thats ok. overall good news is better than overall bad.

its just this particular update has a LOT lol they throwin a whole kitchen, plus the sink at us. so was a bit confused. i appreciate your time, taken away from your Nagus duties. here is a couple strips for your advice. *kisses the sceptre and hands 3 strips of gold pressed latinum to the grand nagus*
  • Options
    strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    edited January 2021
    Apparently as long as you select Klingon Defense Force, any Klingon races will get Recruitment Rewards, that's how I originally remember someone described it. Yet now I can't find where, or who said that, so make sure you get your special device after starting to ensure.

Still I'd highly recommend most do Klingon, as their are new outfits, hair options, and all updates center upon the Klingon story anyways! I'm unsure if I'm going to do the Standard or new Sub-Species as originally described for 2255. It seems to be mostly a tailor customization option, just as those who unlocked the TOS Klingon appearance previously.

Recruitment post:
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11483293

"New Klingon Captains will be known as Klingon Recruits, and they bring with them the backing of their shadowy patron. With the launch of the Anniversary Update, the Klingon Starting Experience will be completely reimagined, meaning that these Recruits will also have a completely reworked, modern starting story."

Note: Hadn't seen the note from the Grand Negus when I drafted, so I hand him 5 GPL, for his prompt reply. @thegrandnagus1
    Post edited by strathkin on
    0zxlclk.png
  • Options
    strathkin wrote: »
    Apparently as long as you select Klingon Defense Force, any Klingon races will get Recruitment Rewards, that's how I originally remember someone described it. Yet now I can't find where, or who said that, so make sure you get your special device after starting to ensure.

Still I'd highly recommend most do Klingon, as their are new outfits, hair options, and all updates center upon the Klingon story anyways! I'm unsure if I'm going to do the Standard or new Sub-Species as originally described for 2255. It seems to be mostly a tailor customization option, just as those who unlocked the TOS Klingon appearance previously.

Recruitment post:
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11483293

"New Klingon Captains will be known as Klingon Recruits, and they bring with them the backing of their shadowy patron. With the launch of the Anniversary Update, the Klingon Starting Experience will be completely reimagined, meaning that these Recruits will also have a completely reworked, modern starting story."

makes a lot of sense.
    and it makes sense to double check for the "item" for the klingon recruit. apparently have enough time to verify... the event lasts for a month. and you can complete the tasks at any time. as long as you have the character made

• Options
    spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,263 Arc User
    westmetals wrote: »
    IF it's the same as the three previous recruit events (Gamma, Delta, Temporal), you are given the item in a special cutscene at the end of the tutorial. And it cannot be trashed (but can be banked).

Yeah I doubt it would something that would be easily missed if previous recruitment events are anything to go by.
  • Options
    fallenkezef#4581 fallenkezef Member Posts: 644 Arc User
    My main is a Klingon tac so I'll be rolling a Disco Klingon for the event and then FINALY give my main a decent hair style. I have the Qugh, Chargh and Qoj so he'll be going through the missions with suitable Disco themed ships and the Disco disruptors.
This discussion has been closed.