test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Often /Fleet or /Armada chat missing for Fleet/Armada members.

strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
edited April 2021 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Yes they are enabled in the Chat channel, they just not seen as selectable, to communicate within them.

Missing is (Fleet) or (Armada) drop down from the list of available chat channels in the TAB; even when the channels are enabled and turned on.

NOTE: Nothing is blocked, and something causes it to return, but unknow how it does...
╘ Logging out into a different character works fine, sometimes switching instance, or maps corrects it--yet not always!
╘ Sometimes logout works, and other times logging out and back into character several times, well it will remain.
╘ Yet also sometimes one or both will return, and later have one or both can disappear again--not nice when it occurs.

So now several months, many Fleets or Armada's resorting to Custom Channels, as they always remain.

Possible unrelated, yet similar BUG.
Addendum: Sometimes ship devices, or power-tray items go missing as well, even when saved in Ship Loadout.
╘ Devices often moved to Inventory, even if they saved to Loadout.

This seems 2nd one started 1-2 months earlier, again the first have seen it reported several times over the years...
0zxlclk.png
Post edited by strathkin on

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2021
    Sometimes the character this effects, can log right out of the game, and when they return it still doesn't show /Fleet or /Armada Chat.

So not sure why one or either disappear, or what causes it to suddenly re-appear. :'(
    0zxlclk.png
  • Options
    fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,788 Arc User
    I'm having the same issue. Fleet chat will just randomly be inaccessible.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • Options
    alexanderb#7559 alexanderb Member Posts: 188 Arc User
    My experience is that you got too many chat channels in that case. Removing one or two from the current tab helped me most of times with it.
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    I don't think this applies to me, I only have a single custom chat channel enabled. And my main Chat tab, has the following:
    1. Armada
    2. Emotes
    3. Fleet
    4. Friend
    5. Local
    6. Officer
    7. Team
    8. Tell
    9. 1 Custom Chat Channel

All others disabled in my Social (tab), my Team (tab) has even less chat channels; and only two chat tabs.
    Post edited by strathkin on
    0zxlclk.png
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    This sporadic BUG returns every now and then. :'(
    0zxlclk.png
  • Options
    Sadly it always returns:

A missing Fleet &/or Armada channel to talk to others, so you don't have to PM everybody.
    0zxlclk.png
  • Options
    Yet again seeing it on several toons.

@ambassadorkael#6946
    0zxlclk.png