test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Lobi Store Quality of life change please ( I am lazy.. Devs please make a change)

ulmanchunulmanchun Member Posts: 135 Arc User
yeah, the devs are not going to read this. But man i wish lobi store items that are bind on character would be changed to bind to account.

The problem that to buy an item i need i have to have to lobi on the character and i hate moving around lobi and i don't have that much lobi to spread around all the character so i centralize that stuff to one character. Anyway, sometimes i buy an item and play with it a bit just to discover that said item works better in-terms of roleplay aesthetics and alot of times mechanic-wise that it works better another character on my account. Then i feel like kicked myself by spenting lobi on a item that i won't use for item-bound character and have to buy it again on the alt-character.

So if devs read this please make this improvement.

Yes i can't move my lobi to each one of my character one at a time and clone it on to tribble but as i said that is more work and effort that one would need really because if you read the title of this post...
Post edited by ulmanchun on

Comments

• ulmanchunulmanchun Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    westmetals wrote: »
    One small (partial) workaround for this: the lobi itself is accoutn bound, so can be account banked to whichever character before making the purchase.

umm yeah as i said i am lazy and i wasn't going to move the lobi to a character then copy it to the tribble server and then buy the item while on the tribble server. that is like 3 steps that i don't want and should not need to do. i mean if the lobi is bound to account then why the hell are the items you get bound to character or no bound to anyone (which is awesome). My suggestion is why no make the change from bound to character into bound to account. I remember pickups use to be when you equip it it become bound to character but at some point let say i have bought some lockbox weapon on character and tested it on a character and didn't like it i was stuck with it but a patch and changed happen and not it is bound to account and i was able to throw it on alt-character and it worked way better. so what i stopping them from doing it. They already did something like that once. It is no like like we can re-sell it on exchange. The best we can do it salvage it or turn it to EC. So bound on pickup items should be all bound on account unless it is missions rewards... why so you have to play the mission to get the item on the character.
  • imatimelord#6399 imatimelord Member Posts: 123 Arc User
    Youre lucky....we console users get screwed out of being able to use the tribble server...
  • ulmanchunulmanchun Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    Yes, having a tribble server is nice. But the main reason is want the lobi items to be account bound is because the trend has been account bound items unless there are certain mission reward with very specific on that are suppose to be one like very special engines, shields, ground weapon, armor,etc. The generics stuff and things you can buy is bound on account pick-up i think until is somewhere 2015-2017 where there was a patch update and stuff became bound on account due to a expansion or something i don't remember.

I have or had a used a dedicated crafting character that the majority of the crafting supplies and totally maxed out stats on them. We would move stuff to that character to build stuff which i stopped but now what i used there is where a majority of all my stuff that need to be re-engineered with a ridiculous amount of salvage.

Getting back on topic. It would be inline with how the rest of the game operate as in even the Z-store is account bound items when you use to have to buy seperate boffs for each each character. I don't remember how many borg officers i got for my different captains i later ended up removing to create a new captain to only buy a borg boff again.