test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Space Targeting Focus Loss Bug

alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
Since the last patch (Jan 12, 2021) I noticed for space combat I lose my active target quite frequently. This never happened before. It affects all targets, friendlies or enemies. To reproduce, select any space target, and look around normally, and the target either shifts or deselects your target.

Someone on reddit also noticed a hidden undocumented change to the controls tab: "Since the last update, I noticed something new in the "Controls" tab. It says, "Location targeting activation for Dualshock4 controller", with the settings of either "On Release" or "On Second Press". I have no idea what this means. Thanks in advance for any help. LLAP \V//" https://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/kwc8er/controls_confusion/

Also on the ground, if looking in the options, controls, and selecting Region: "Space" the ground controls no longer function properly. Default W key for example no longer functions to walk forward, etc.

Please revert whatever adjustments were made to controls. A long time ago, a patch already destroyed the ability to precisely select targets in a target-rich environment. That was never fixed, so targeting now already is a struggle. This new bug just makes it infuriating and is literally game breaking.

[TicketCreated]Successfully submitted ticket ID #397,565
Y945Yzx.jpg
Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
· ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
«» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿

Comments

• alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    I managed a work-around the problem: while in space, go to options, "click unselects target:" set to OFF
    This means binding a mouse button or other easy to reach key to "Esc" as the only other way to deselect targets now is to select another target.

I also noticed the game now works with a basic joystick input, and it even recognizes dual joystick movement and freelook and as analog input too, so I was able to port my joystick directly without having to rely on 3rd party joystick-to-keyboard inputs. I tried initially to just do this direct joystick input but the problem persisted, so the step above is still necessary to bypass this bug. (I use joystick for left hand and in space only to avoid hold-pressing WSAD keys constantly).
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿