test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Andorians

paradox#7391 paradox Member Posts: 1,776 Arc User
I used to think that Andorians were lame background aliens, but after watching both ENT and DISCO they started to grow on me, I think they're now my 3rd favorite race after Vulcans and Romulans.

Comments

• phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,500 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    True, they are one of the more popular ones judging by the number I see in social areas, and probably the most popular of the aliens available from the AoY generator.

The second character I made in STO is Andorian, she is an adaptation of the character I had in the Star Trek roleplaying community in Second Life when that was a thing (most RP is gone from SL now unfortunately from what I have seen lately).
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    I admit, done right some female Andorians are kinda hot.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • jamieblanchardjamieblanchard Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    True, they are one of the more popular ones judging by the number I see in social areas, and probably the most popular of the aliens available from the AoY generator.

The second character I made in STO is Andorian, she is an adaptation of the character I had in the Star Trek roleplaying community in Second Life when that was a thing (most RP is gone from SL now unfortunately from what I have seen lately).

There's still a small handful of Trek RP groups in Second Life. I meet up most Wednesday nights with my crew there.

I also am pretty fond of Andorians. Partly because of the antennae reminds me of the mid century depictions of aliens/spacemen.
    rattler2 wrote: »

Very agreed. ♥

Resident TOS, G.I. Joe, Transformers and hair metal fangirl.

And knowing is half the battle!

21 'til I die!
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,500 Arc User
    edited January 2021

There's still a small handful of Trek RP groups in Second Life. I meet up most Wednesday nights with my crew there.

I also am pretty fond of Andorians. Partly because of the antennae reminds me of the mid century depictions of aliens/spacemen.
    rattler2 wrote: »

Very agreed. ♥

Interestingly, according to anecdotes from Roddenberry (in The Making of Star Trek iirc), it turns out that Andorians actually are based on that UFO mythology, they were an adaptation of one of the versions of Men in Black, from a reported sighting where they had an "odd skin tone" and a wind gust knocked the hat off of one of them so the witness saw the hats hid their antennae.

Similarly, the Talosians were a toned down adaptation of the ever-popular Grays. They could not do the eyes properly at the time without it looking silly and fake so they stuck with regular humanoid eyes.

I will look for the Star Trek RP stuff next time I am in Second Life, the group I was with is gone and most of the other RP areas (any kind of RP, not just Trek) I am familiar with are either gone entirely or severely cut down in size and deserted. It is good to hear there is at least some Trek RP left :)