test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Missing-> Personal Space Traits, Starship Traits, Space Reputation and Active Space Reputation

rcellomanrcelloman Member Posts: 54 Arc User
First Up - regarding the following from Trek News:

Account-Wide Upgrades - Dated Fri 02 Oct 2020 09:00:00 AM PDT > https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11479283-upgrade-a-t6-ship-for-free!

Quote: Much as it has always been when upgrading any T5 Ship to T5-U, Experimental Upgrades are not limited to a single character when applied. Each time you apply an Experimental Upgrade to a ship on your account, that 'Ship Class will then be free to upgrade on other characters across your entire account'. UnQuote.

Guess I just don't understand --> this notice update where those of you kind enough to respond account-wide upgrades using an experimental token. Can someone try again? Never mind. Depending on how you get ALL Trek information, for PC's best to use the 'NEWS' - VIEW ALL' at the top of your login boxes. And your right, no account-wide for T6 ships and I have to try a T5-T5U!

As to my discussion title above: Yes, when I change ships using 'Manage Ship's at DS9 or ESD, I STILL GET MISSING TRAITS after beaming up to my newly Ready Star Ship! Yes, I save ton's of time using saved Pic's [Free app PicPick] saving and reloading my empty traits, I am reloading more now than before the issue first showed up, which WAS for a week or so after the 'fix' by STO with the free experimental upgrade token - for patience. Well, it's back, but thanks for the Free Upgrade token as an apology for the previous.. wait.. same issue, at least for me.

I've decided not to buy or spend the coming stimulus $$ here in STO unless this issue gets fixed permanently. I may spend the funds on a EPUB Kobo Libra H2O.. get some ST Novel reading in while waiting <yet again> for 'SHIP TRAITS FIX', so hurry before the funds are gone!

Finally, Anyone know how to access personal posts here in the forum, for perhaps more responses? I'd like to see my past posts. No, ARC is not installed.

PS: I have found that it's best to 're-trait' items while in 'space' rather than on a starbase. The seem to stay in place longer when done in space.

Thank you all in advance for any help you feel will work and hopefully interesting!

Very Sincerely yours,
Rich
celloman2
r_celloman@yahoo.com
Bogle@celloman - in-game mail

Comments

• Options
  • Options
    Date: 01-04-21 USA EST.

Quote: 'As for the skills/traits issues... those seem to have been fixed with the 12/16 patch. ' Unquote.

Zxxt! Works for you, not for me. Looks good in a statement as something written down MUST b true but, Not true in practice for my toons.

Every time I change to a different ship using Manage Ships, my Personal Space Traits, my Star Ship Traits and Active Space Reputation are '.. b.. l.. a.. n.. k. after beam up to a ship.

Sometimes all but one or two traits are missing, (they look stolen!) other times ALL traits are gone, even Ground Traits sometimes! I have to put them back in their boxes EVERY TIME I CHANGE TO A DIFFERENT SHIP - after chosen loadout and more changes that I may make to a ship and re-save to that same loadout'. Saving changes to loadouts work just fine.

The Dec 16 patch worked for.. mmm.. about a week.

IS this a Space trait issue in combination with Saved Loadouts in combination with beam up? <-- someone want to look into this as well, JUST in case.

Perhaps when more players report it 'again', STO will again send a quiet behind the scene work around, meaning a fix without game wide notice. -End of Line -

Thanks again for your valuable time as always!

@celloman
    Bogle@celloman
    celloman2
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    My apologies to all. I thought I put in one of my responses that I ran a 'force verify'. Zxxt didn't help as ONCE AGAIN I HAVE LOST MY SPACE TRAITS AFTER LOGGING IN: 1-13-21 - Wednesday!

Just all the 'space trait items', the ground items stay in their respective boxes. I would not be here if all was 'well'. Again, if the line of boxes has the word Space' above it - those traits are GONE! As mentioned before, good think I have taken 'pics' of them for fast refill.

Yes, I've saved loadouts - they work perfectly, tho I now wonder why there is a 'ready starship' button that also acts like a load out? I hit ready starship and all consoles - from a saved loadout - goes in place. Y the two buttons?

Is it this wrong place for the Dev's to see this issue? I didn't put in a 'bug report' as I've found faster responses here in the Forum for a fix in the past, but this issue has yet to go.. away!

As for 'smacking people' that was nor ever is my intention. Please don't characterize my frustrations as something meant for you personally.

I read al the STO 'News' and understand it. If something works perfectly for you, I don't take it as something called a 'smack' ? from anyone. Please see the frustration - not your personal feelings.

Thanks for your responses and time trying to help, but someone please tell me how to get this issue directly to the 'DEV'S, or the people who actually put in the coding fixes?

Stay healthy everyone!

Very Sincerely yours,
    RichBrown
    celloman2
    @celloman (in-game mail)
    r_celloman@yahoo.com
  • Options
    Well, after contacting support directly... this was in my email:

"Quote:

Hello rcelloman,

Your request (397951) has been updated. To add additional comments, reply to this email or login to the support site and update it there.

Uzul (Arc Games)

Jan 13, 2021, 17:26 PST
    Hi,

Thanks for reaching out.

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with the traits again. Upon further review of this issue, we can confirm that the developers found issues about traits and are already fixing them. We apologize for the inconvenience this issue might have caused you. Please tune in to our news page to check for announcements about the fix.

If you have any other concerns, please let us know.

Regards,
    GM Uzul
    Game Master

UNQuote"

Knew I wasn't crazy, just frustrated.

Thank everyone who took the time to try to help with an issue that was fixed for some, but not all of us.

Please remain healthy with your families.

Sincerely,
    @celloman