test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Shared Progress

So, I originally started STO on PC but due to issues, I switched to Xbox One. I've been playing it on Xbox for about two or three years. I have a PC that can run STO again, but was incredibly disappointed to see that my progress is not transferred, despite my Arc account being the same. I think it would be awesome if you could share your progress cross platform. I know that each version of the game is technically it's own game, but if I have to link an Arc account to play the game, I should keep my purchases or ships. At least be able to send items between platforms.

The recent Experimental Upgrade token would be perfect for a captain I have on Xbox, but I doubt I'll be going back to the PC version, simply because all my progress is on my Xbox.

Comments

• Options
    snowwolf#0563 snowwolf Member Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    So, I originally started STO on PC but due to issues, I switched to Xbox One. I've been playing it on Xbox for about two or three years. I have a PC that can run STO again, but was incredibly disappointed to see that my progress is not transferred, despite my Arc account being the same. I think it would be awesome if you could share your progress cross platform. I know that each version of the game is technically it's own game, but if I have to link an Arc account to play the game, I should keep my purchases or ships. At least be able to send items between platforms.

The recent Experimental Upgrade token would be perfect for a captain I have on Xbox, but I doubt I'll be going back to the PC version, simply because all my progress is on my Xbox.

The game is coded differently and releases on console are delayed due to the updates having to be given via Xbox and PlayStation systems rather than just the gameclient.

Yeah, I'd love crossplay. But it's never going to happen.
  • Options
    eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,000 Arc User
    Not forgetting that console runs on different servers.