test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

A kick feature for TFO's

Comments

• jennycolvinjennycolvin Member Posts: 1,100 Arc User
    I'd much prefer having a system in place that would allow us to replace a player that leave a queue prematurely - whether with another player (through re-queueing, like in SWTOR) or with a semi-competent bot (even though the AI of this game is laughable, at best) - than a system to punish people that just sit AFK in a public queue.

A kick vote would be useful if people could stop being TRIBBLE for a single seconds, but since they cannot... then yeah, best to do nothing.
    kv1Ohsx.png
    Not agreeing with someone doesn't give you the right to be an TRIBBLE.

Ci sono tre tipi di giocatori:
    - quelli a cui non va mai bene niente... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che sono talmente imbesuiti da credere a qualunque cosa i dev dicano, perfino che la luna è fatta di formaggio... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che credono a quello a cui è giusto credere, sono d'accordo con quello con cui è giusto essere d'accordo e sono critici con quello che non va;

Ai giocatori dei primi due tipi, gratis in omaggio un bello specchio lucente su cui arrampicarsi. E una mazzata in testa per la loro poca intelligenza e compassione verso gli altri giocatori che non la pensano come loro.
    Agli appartenenti al terzo tipo, invece, dico grazie. Anche se non sempre si riesce a mantenere la calma, siete quelli per cui vale la pena incazzarsi.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    valoreah wrote: »
    There is already player controlled tools to prevent AFKs - friends lists and teaming with people you know who will not go AFK. Problem solved with zero development time. Again, if you want to roll the dice and PUG a TFO, then accept the consequences of your decision in that you may get teamed with people who do stuff you do not like.

Hate to say it.. but yep.. this is pretty much it. I only PUG maps that I know I can solo by myself.. if my team actually helps me, that's just a bonus. If I want to do a map where I want to work with a team, I ask for people in fleet or the DPS Channels. You just can't trust PUGS, no amount of development time is going to make people not suck. :lol:
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,984 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    After completing well over 300 random advanced TFO's this December I'm not seeing the need for a vote to kick feature.

With PUGS you find yourself in teams ranging from outstanding to good to could be better. Such is life. To be honest my #1 focus is having fun and mission completion and I didn't really notice any outstanding issues.

Maybe it's just a state of mind to be simply appreciative of being able to queue quickly and have fun in a game that's been around as long as STO and still doing well?

Instead of asking how can we vote kick (punish) afk and grieving players who's conduct by still getting a reward is abusive and unfair perhaps it's possible to reframe this into something more positive?

For me the focus is how can I equip my characters to be best prepared for whatever pug life throws at them and how can I work with the players that are participating to achieve the greatest possible success in whatever RTFO I get put into.

So far it's been good times and a welcome relief to play the wider game during a break from the featured TFO's with the extra payout for randoms more than compensating me for my time.

As odd as this may sound the randomness of the randoms actually makes things more interesting never knowing what you'll be thrown into.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Transdimensionsl Tactics. You get killed, you spawn in the cave and you are out of action for the duration. Consider that scenario with automatic kicks and AFK Damage Penalties.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    edited January 2021
    Despite reading several of the comments, honestly I do Random Advanced on a regular basis, and only once in a blue moon can I recall someone who was AFK for the first minute or so. That was 3 weeks ago one time, and before that it was months before I remembered a similar experience.

I'm FINE with no kick feature as it is, and most games including this one, there is a lot more abuse by those who kick! I realize some said to put limits, so if (accounts) not (characters) use it too much, their ability to kick is greatly reduced, then eventually disabled for a period of time.

Still I'd rather see time on new features, missions, TFO's, ship skin/material enhancements, or bug fixes...
    0zxlclk.png
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    > @coldnapalm said:
    > You have not bothered to read anything I posted still as all the questions you have asked has been answered...multiple times. If there is anyone who does not comprehend anything, you may want to look in the mirror there. But you know what, why I would I want to give more power or give credence to somebody like you again? Somebody who's reply back to actually read and understand something is to act like a 5 year old and go nah nah again? You are once again proving why they should do NOTHING.

Thought you were done. You really don't comprehended much. Your childish use of capital letters shows as such. You have been on a tirade for a time now, and not just in this thread.

Do I desire to piece together your comments and formulate it for you? No.

All I saw from you was complaints about abuse and more.

Again, if you want a dialogue, present your ideas and such in one (1) post and we can go from there.

Get some fresh air mate.

Wow...so clever to dismiss somebody because they used caps AFTER EXPLAINING THING MULTIPLE TIMES. If all you saw was complaints about abuse, your reading comprehension is so low, there is no point in having a discussion with you. AS LONG AS YOU ARE IN THIS GAME, I VOTE THAT THE DEVS DO LITERALLY NOTHING ON THIS MATTER. Yes YOU single handedly have convinced me that Sea and Val has the right idea and nothing should be done. You wanna have your power play have no AFK people...go make a private queue and have at it...but the devs should waste not even one iota of time on this issue. YOU are the reason why what they says has merit...congrats on being the person that proved that the people who complain about the AFKers are WAY more toxic than the AFKers and having me side with the leechers and AFKers. So...yeah congrats. I'm voting with Sea and Val...they should do NOTHING.

To be clear, the main reason I advocate ‘doing nothing’ is just because I simply don’t see AFK’ing as that big of a problem. Have I seen AFK players before? I certainly have.. but it’s rather rare. I actually haven’t seen an AFK player in some time and in my personal opinion, the issue of AFK players while valid, is simply not severe. To try and address a perceived problem by implementing a fix that has more potential downside then the issue you’re attempting to address does not make sense to me. I sit in the ‘do nothing’ camp because the proposed solution is worse then the problem we’re trying to fix.

I am not taking a side in your argument, just clarifying my stance.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    Yes it is rather rare, as I noted above.
    0zxlclk.png
  • foxfire2000foxfire2000 Member Posts: 160 Arc User
    valoreah wrote: »
    There is already player controlled tools to prevent AFKs - friends lists and teaming with people you know who will not go AFK. Problem solved with zero development time. Again, if you want to roll the dice and PUG a TFO, then accept the consequences of your decision in that you may get teamed with people who do stuff you do not like.

This 100%, the perfect solution to never again seeing another AFK or toxic player ever again, not that i see that many myself to be honest, and i play almost always pugs if i am not doing missions looking for stuff i have missed.
    The easiest solution would be to have the ignore feature actually NOT allowing for people on your ignore list to be grouped with you.
    STO wouldn't even be the first game to have something like this. But of course, that's assuming that a) the system actually support this, b) they have any idea how to implement it.
    kv1Ohsx.png

- quelli che sono talmente imbesuiti da credere a qualunque cosa i dev dicano, perfino che la luna è fatta di formaggio... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che credono a quello a cui è giusto credere, sono d'accordo con quello con cui è giusto essere d'accordo e sono critici con quello che non va;

Ai giocatori dei primi due tipi, gratis in omaggio un bello specchio lucente su cui arrampicarsi. E una mazzata in testa per la loro poca intelligenza e compassione verso gli altri giocatori che non la pensano come loro.
    Agli appartenenti al terzo tipo, invece, dico grazie. Anche se non sempre si riesce a mantenere la calma, siete quelli per cui vale la pena incazzarsi.
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    The easiest solution would be to have the ignore feature actually NOT allowing for people on your ignore list to be grouped with you.
    STO wouldn't even be the first game to have something like this. But of course, that's assuming that a) the system actually support this, b) they have any idea how to implement it.

The devs have already indicated that they are not interested in this system. Mind you that you are correct in that this is the easiest solution that will have an effect while minimizing damage...and you MUST have this before you look at more drastic actions...but these people who don't actually want a solution and want to punish other players for their "bad play" don't care. They don't care SO HARD that can't even seem to read the words that spells this out. The devs don't care...so the solution is DO NOTHING because without this crucial step, all you do is make things worse. As for what about reasonable automated systems? Well...some of those were pushed out...but a certain person thought that a 5 second automated idle warning pop up followed by a kick and 1 hour ban was reasonable...so...reasonable automation is out of the question too since the window between that idea and using the idle system we have now and shorten it to 3 min for queues is wider than the Grand Canyon.

I'm not disagreeing with you on any of this, Cold.
    Unfortunately, there will always be those that feels you're not playing as they WANT you to play and for that they're ready to kick you and punish you as hard as they can.

That's why having a proper ignore function would be the easiest - and safer - way to go about this. As you said, the devs are not interested in this and so I'm just gonna quote you entirely: "The devs don't care...so the solution is DO NOTHING because without this crucial step, all you do is make things worse."
    kv1Ohsx.png

This discussion has been closed.