test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Last Patch Broke the Game/Excessive Loading

stark2kstark2k Member Posts: 1,467 Arc User
It appears that half my characters will not load at all - this happened recently and after the 5hr patch - anyone know what is going on?
StarTrekIronMan.jpg
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,715 Community Moderator
    wait till after the patch tomorrow then try again. If it still does it then I will go through some technical steps with you and potentially fire a report up the chain.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
  • Options
    thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    wait till after the patch tomorrow then try again. If it still does it then I will go through some technical steps with you and potentially fire a report up the chain.

They've cancelled tomorrow's patch, so the OP(and anyone else having that issue) is SOL.

This game is in a pretty sorry state at the moment TBH. They've broken it to the point where some people can't even log in, but they can't patch it without breaking the skills again.

They really need to get their act together fast.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,715 Community Moderator

They've cancelled tomorrow's patch, so the OP(and anyone else having that issue) is SOL.

This game is in a pretty sorry state at the moment TBH. They've broken it to the point where some people can't even log in, but they can't patch it without breaking the skills again.

They really need to get their act together fast.

Delaying an update doesn't mean there will be no update. In this instance they've found an issue they need to fix. Folks have complained about having to reset their skills so many times, which I agree is a problem, and they are working to fix it so you don't have to. For whatever reason there was an issue with this update they will need to fix before sending it out. Welcome to game development, it happens from time to time. I'll give you that the skills thing shouldn't be happening, which is why they're taking time to fix it so it doesn't happen.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
  • Options
    thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    Delaying an update doesn't mean there will be no update. In this instance they've found an issue they need to fix. Folks have complained about having to reset their skills so many times, which I agree is a problem, and they are working to fix it so you don't have to. For whatever reason there was an issue with this update they will need to fix before sending it out. Welcome to game development, it happens from time to time. I'll give you that the skills thing shouldn't be happening, which is why they're taking time to fix it so it doesn't happen.

Yeah, don't misunderstand. I know games have bugs. I've played a lot. But it's honestly getting a bit ridiculous around here. They have a literally game breaking bug currently live (OP's problem) but had to cancel the patch that was scheduled to fix that issue because it was going to break other stuff.

I know the patch is not permanently canceled. But as someone who has played since beta, this is pretty darn bad and they need to get this stuff fixed sooner rather than later. People should not be locked out of their characters. People should not be having their skills reset with every update. These are not minor issues for people to try to casually dismiss or hand-wave away. This is bad, and there is absolutely nothing wrong with saying so.

If there are any potential players browsing the forums: this game is fun, and I've enjoyed it for many years. But the honest truth is it's having some bad problems right now, so you might want to wait a bit before you create a character and find you can't even login the next day.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    Yeah, i had to close the game entirely 2 times so this problem goes away..the good is that ot hit me that time,2 days ago, and that's all, let's hope it gets fixed. The problem with Cryptic patchs lately is that the team was used to work together, been splited and at home doesnt create the synergy needed to find this things before gets deployed
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
This discussion has been closed.