test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

"Stuck" turning left?

djf021djf021 Member Posts: 1,379 Arc User
I put this in the bug forum as well, but just wondering if this is/has affected anyone else.
When I log into a character, whether space or ground, my character is stuck turning left. Pressing the right key doesn't fix it. Remapping the controls doesn't fix it. Neither does restarting the game or my system. The actual key on my keyboard is not stuck. I tested it be opening a Word file. It does not type As on its own, so it seems only STO is affected.
I unplugged and plugged my keyboard back in, nothing.
The game is unplayable like this.
Has anyone else had this happen?
Does anyone have any ideas?
C4117709-1498929112732780large.jpg

Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference.
-Captain James T. Kirk
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    discojerdiscojer Member Posts: 533 Arc User
    Do you have a game controller? One fallen on the floor has caused this for me probably a good dozen times
  • Options
    djf021djf021 Member Posts: 1,379 Arc User
    discojer wrote: »
    Do you have a game controller? One fallen on the floor has caused this for me probably a good dozen times

I do have a game controller, and I unplugged it as well just in case, but it still didn't fix it.

However, I have an update:
    I unplugged my wireless keyboard receiver and plugged it into a different USB port (forcing Windows to reinstall drivers) and started the game again. It's no longer happening. Not sure if it was what I did or just a fluke, but for now it seems to be working. Very strange.
    C4117709-1498929112732780large.jpg

Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference.
    -Captain James T. Kirk
  • Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,521 Arc User
    Those USB transceivers are rather unreliable, I have a wireless mouse for my laptop that I don't use anymore because I got tired of buying new transceivers because they kept on malfunctioning or just quit altogether.
  • Options
    crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,517 Arc User
    I don't use a controller, but this will happen to me every once in a long while. Usually when I'm trying to "dodge and weave", which messes up the plan...

Anyway, on my keyboard, I'll double-tap the A or W, the Q or E, or the left and right arrow keys, and this fixes it...

CM
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
This discussion has been closed.