test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Mirror bundle false advertising not all items paid for are provided

pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,177 Arc User
edited December 2020 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
The Mirror bundle lists the Universal - Reinforcing Squadrons console as part of the bundle, its arguably one of the best parts of the bundle. When the bundle is brought the item listed is not provided.

Comments

• inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,003 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    According to https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11479853 there's 4 consoles that come with the ship:
    • Console - Universal - Cloaking Device
    • Console - Universal - Supplemental Subsystems
    • Console - Universal - Antimatter Spread
    • Console - Universal - Saucer Separation

Additionally, in the Z-Store, we see it also comes with [Console - Universal - Molecular Cohesion Nullifier]

Unfortunately, under the listing of the Intelligence systems, we read that [Console - Universal - Reinforcing Squadrons] is included, which must be a copy/paste error from the Legendary Constitution MW Flight Deck Carrier text.
    Post edited by inferiority on
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,177 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    According to https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11479853 there's 4 consoles that come with the ship:

The [Console - Universal - Reinforcing Squadrons] comes from the Constitution MW Flight Deck Carrier.
    It is not listed in the section with the ship items. Though it is listed as part of the pack in the zen store. The Torpedo isn't listed as part of the ship but we still get that. Packs often include items along side what you get with the ship that is included. As far as I can see if its listed as part of the pack we should get it, why does it matter if its part of the ship or not as long as its listed in the pack?
  • inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,003 Arc User
    pottsey5g wrote: »
    The Torpedo isn't listed as part of the ship but we still get that.
    Maybe not part of the ship because it was never offered as part of any of the Galaxy-variant ships.
    However, when viewing the Mirror Universe Bundle in the Store, the Agony Torpedo is listed as the 2nd item.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
    edited December 2020
    The Torpedo isn't listed as part of the ship but we still get that.
    Maybe not part of the ship because it was never offered as part of any of the Galaxy-variant ships.
    However, when viewing the Mirror Universe Bundle in the Store, the Agony Torpedo is listed as the 2nd item.
    Not sure why that matters. Universal - Reinforcing Squadrons console is still listed in the pact as an item you get. They need to either remove references to it in the store and refund those of us that bought the pack for it. Or give us the missing console.
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,455 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    coldnapalm wrote: »

Additionally, in the Z-Store, we see it also comes with [Console - Universal - Molecular Cohesion Nullifier]

Unfortunately, under the listing of the Intelligence systems, we read that [Console - Universal - Reinforcing Squadrons] is included, which must be a copy/paste error from the Legendary Constitution MW Flight Deck Carrier text.

You make it sound like that because it is a copy paste error it is somehow okay for them to not do anything about said error...or did you forget to write the other half of your post where you list what they should actually DO something about that? Especially since Pottsey specifically bought the bundle based on that error.

Inferiority never implied in his posts what you think he is saying. Please do not make unfounded assumptions. With that said the text does need to be corrected.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
    edited December 2020
    sthe91 wrote: »

You make it sound like that because it is a copy paste error it is somehow okay for them to not do anything about said error...or did you forget to write the other half of your post where you list what they should actually DO something about that? Especially since Pottsey specifically bought the bundle based on that error.

Inferiority never implied in his posts what you think he is saying. Please do not make unfounded assumptions. With that said the text does need to be corrected.

JUST the text needs to be fixed? Not dealing with people who got the bundle because of the item? That sounds like something law suit worthy if they wanted to pursue it.
    It gets better before buying the pack I contacted support to ask which is correct the ZEN store or blog and was told

" I've read your concern about one of the contents of the Mirror Universe Bundle. I advise you to follow the description on the C-Store for this bundle instead of the blog post. It is possible that the Community Manager that handled that post may have forgotten to include the console."

plus we all know the blogs often have errors and have a warning at that bottom saying they get changed and don't always represent what's in the ZEN store. Given the price of the pack they really need to do something about this.
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    sthe91 wrote: »

JUST the text needs to be fixed? Not dealing with people who got the bundle because of the item? That sounds like something law suit worthy if they wanted to pursue it.
    It gets better before buying the pack I contacted support to ask which is correct the ZEN store or blog and was told

" I've read your concern about one of the contents of the Mirror Universe Bundle. I advise you to follow the description on the C-Store for this bundle instead of the blog post. It is possible that the Community Manager that handled that post may have forgotten to include the console."

plus we all know the blogs often have errors and have a warning at that bottom saying they get changed and don't always represent what's in the ZEN store. Given the price of the pack they really need to do something about this.

I'm sure Kael's constant blunders are a legendary annoyance with the PWE support team. :P