test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Please Can anyone clarify To'Duj fighters (hanger pets) for me?

ironman7#2509 ironman7 Member Posts: 38 Arc User
So I got my Romulan ship with hanger (Ha'apax class). I look to buy hanger pet from Dil store (since those are on sales/discount).

Now, I am very confused about this particular hanger pet since both in-game description and STO wiki are rubbish to explain further. This hanger pet is To'Duj fighters.

There are two different versions of very very same hanger pet: Advanced To'Duj Fighters and Advanced To'Duj Fighters Squardon

They seems to be the same due to (TRIBBLE) explanation of In-game description and STO wiki.

Please can anyone tell me what is the main difference between those two? They can't be the same since the store sells two types of it? Why would a store sells two same things??

Many thanks.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
Tagged:

Comments

• foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    Squadron is something like 6 mini versions of the fighter. It is largely a cosmetic difference, though I think people have tested them and squadrons do slightly more DPS than the single fighters. Basically do you want chocolate or vanilla?
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,248 Arc User
    More or less this, from what I've gathered Squadrons do more raw DPS but the way they're programmed means the more damage they take the less DPS they do, so in a realistic scenario they come out as more or less equal.

Essentially each time when you loose 1/6 of the HP bar in squadrons you loose a single fighter's worth of damage (though healing will bring that fighter back) however each of those in exchange the whole squadron does more DPS then a single fighter.

Other then that there isn't much difference as IIRC fighters (be they single or squadron) cannot proc abilities that aren't on the fighter mob itself.
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited November 2020
    There seems to be something off with pets at the moment. Most high-end players use To'Duj squads together with superior area denial to great results. Think on one of my combat logs I got 200kish on a 550k DPS overall run on those pets.

Funny thing is higher quality pets seem to perform worse. No idea if the blue ones are wai and the higher-ranking ones are broken or vice versa but I hardly care as the pets are basically for free.

Enjoy!
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    Wings do seem to be aimed at those who use traits that regen pets.

Higher grade pets being worse than lower their counterparts is par for the course, sometimes the upgraded ones get an extra ability that simply breaks what little AI they have controlling them.
This discussion has been closed.