What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Red Shirt

zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,764 Arc User
f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.

Comments

• zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,764 Arc User
    Is it just me or do these "Red Uniforms" seem more orange than red?
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    the green uniforms seem more yellow than green too​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,504 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    The color negatives experienced a certain amount of fading and color shift. The red uniform material was a definite red, just as the blue ones are a definite blue. The "green" ones were always off because the cheap velour they were made from did not come in a true green, only a bright fluorescent green, and avocado, the latter of which is what what used for the operations division. The cameras saw the avocado color as a sort of gold with faint green undertones most of the time while in person it looked more a light green with gold undertones.

The velour tunics rapidly deteriorated and lost the velvet shimmer before The Cage even ended its filming. Still, they used it again for the series because real velvet would have been too costly and by only a few episodes the fabric went from slightly shimmery to faintly sparkly, and finally down to a dull fuzzy sweater-like look.

If you want to see the shimmer that all of the tunics were supposed to have take a look at "special" medical one that McCoy sometimes wears, it was reworked from a batch of extra blue tunics left over from The Cage which since they were never used and therefore never went though the wash they retain the original shimmer.

When they went to double-knit later on they had a wider color choice and went with a gold that came close to the on-camera look of the avocado velour for regular ops division officers and an "optional" true green for command level officers.