test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Login server down?

Arc upgraded (with a new TOS giving them more power to invade our privacy). But now Arc can't even connect ant more at all. Anyone else seen this?
ChCDpuh.jpg

Comments

  • parish#5017 parish Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    I don't see that but login server is down for me. "Login has timed out. Please check your network connection etc. Obviously that's working fine.
  • alyrissaalyrissa Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    login in server timing out for me as well
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,367 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    I don't see that but login server is down for me. "Login has timed out. Please check your network connection etc. Obviously that's working fine.

    Getting the exact same error message! Thx for the confirmation.
    ChCDpuh.jpg
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 3,223 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    ARC IS DEFINITELY DOWN FOLKS Login is failing to connect

    STO login server is OK. To get into game without using ARC just have use the old fashioned way
  • alyrissaalyrissa Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    eazzie wrote: »
    ARC IS DEFINITELY DOWN FOLKS Login is failing to connect

    STO login server is OK. To get into game without using ARC just have use the old fashioned way

    what may I ask is the ole fashioned way? disks?

  • vieth1vieth1 Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    alyrissa wrote: »

    what may I ask is the ole fashioned way? disks?
    It is pretty easy to do...if you know how. Most of do. So no need to describe the process.
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 3,223 Arc User
    Just go to the folder where you have STO installed and click to load the Star Trek Online application folder. Will need to type in your password

  • alyrissaalyrissa Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    eazzie wrote: »
    Just go to the folder where you have STO installed and click to load the Star Trek Online application folder. Will need to type in your password
    Thank you so much, it in fact worked, ty

  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 3,223 Arc User
    alyrissa wrote: »
    eazzie wrote: »
    Just go to the folder where you have STO installed and click to load the Star Trek Online application folder. Will need to type in your password
    Thank you so much, it in fact worked, ty

    No worries. The thread title is misleading as the login server is ok. It is ARC that is down.
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 3,223 Arc User
    ARC is back up and working
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,367 Arc User
    eazzie wrote: »
    alyrissa wrote: »
    eazzie wrote: »
    Just go to the folder where you have STO installed and click to load the Star Trek Online application folder. Will need to type in your password
    Thank you so much, it in fact worked, ty

    No worries. The thread title is misleading as the login server is ok. It is ARC that is down.

    And Arc has its own login server (and subsequently logs into the game for you).
    ChCDpuh.jpg
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 3,424 Arc User
    What ever launcher the steam version uses works just fine.
Sign In or Register to comment.