test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Overcharged bug

banned#2530
Oct 22, 2020, 20:32 PDT
Purchased Assimilated Deflector Dish Mk XII. I autofilled the request and was charged 40,000/20,000 energy credits, 32,500/16,250 dilithium, 3/3 borg neural processors, and 652/450 Omega Marks. Screenshot capture can be provided via email if needed.
Attachment(s)
pets.csv
C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/Steamapps/Common/Star Trek Online/Star Trek Online/Live/screenshots/tempss.jpg

Cyrelm (Arc Games)
Oct 24, 2020, 8:48 PDT
Hello,

Thank you for reaching out.

I apologize for the delayed response due to the high volume of tickets in our queue. I'm sorry to hear about the issues with your reputation rewards. I'll do my best to help. Based on the information you provided it looks like this issue is the result of a bug. In this case, kindly submit a bug reported directly on the official bug reports forum: https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/categories/gameplay-bug-reports.

Please include the link to the bug report in your next response. Also, kindly confirm the following information:

Character name: Locutus of Borg
Handle:
Currency lost: 20,000 Energy Credits
16,250 Dilithium
202 Omega Marks
Date of incident:

We appreciate your cooperation and support. Hope to hear from you soon.
Regards,
GM Cyrelm
Game Master

Comments

• inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 3,998 Arc User
    This isn't a bug, but rather an unfortunate instance of timing.

The project for the Assimilated Deflector Dish Mk XII has default requirements of 40000 energy credits, 32500 dilithium, 3 borg neural processors, and 900 Omega Marks.

When you slotted the project, you were able to fill most of the requirements, but I suspect you didn't have the 3 Processors and needed time to collect those.

At some stage, you completed the Tier VI Reputation discount project on this, or more likely, another character.
    This reduced all project requirements across your game account to half of their usual required amounts (elite marks excluded).

Thus, your project displayed what you had previously donated:
    - 40,000/20,000 energy credits;
    - 32,500/16,250 dilithium;
    - 3/3 borg neural processors;
    - 652/450 Omega Marks.

It's a bit of a kick in the teeth, but your project requirements were updated after you started the project which is why you appear to have been 'overcharged'.

This also happened to me on an item from the Dyson Rep - it's an annoyance to appear to have over-donated to a project, but it can happen if you complete the Tier VI account-wide discount during a project currently slotted that was started before the discount project was completed.

Unfortunately, not a bug - just bad timing. It's 'working as intended' but definitely feels like we were cheated, even though we weren't.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/