test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Steelseries promo + Epic Games - anybody know?

smi3thsmi3th Member Posts: 211 Arc User
So Steelseries has another promo:
https://games.steelseries.com/giveaway/797206683/overview

One of the guys in my fleet asked if it was possible to claim this promo when using Epic instead of ARC. Does anyone know?

The website makes no mention of it and their support page deals only with the hardware they sell on the site, not the promos they offer.

Any help?

If not, can my fleet mate switch easily from Epic to ARC?

Thanks.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• nathairxnathairx Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    You only need the Arc launcher installed to claim this (after logging in with your account).
  • jennycolvinjennycolvin Member Posts: 1,100 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    You actually don't need anything but the website to redeem the code.
    Just visit https://www.arcgames.com/en/redeem

You will get a 404 message when you click on "Submit", but don't worry: it's just because the link goes to a page that does not exist.
    The code will be redeemed and you'll find it in game when you login.

EDIT: here's the link to the new redeem page, in case you'd prefer to use that - both are perfectly functioning, but still:
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/code-redemption
    kv1Ohsx.png
    Not agreeing with someone doesn't give you the right to be an TRIBBLE.

Ci sono tre tipi di giocatori:
    - quelli a cui non va mai bene niente... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che sono talmente imbesuiti da credere a qualunque cosa i dev dicano, perfino che la luna è fatta di formaggio... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che credono a quello a cui è giusto credere, sono d'accordo con quello con cui è giusto essere d'accordo e sono critici con quello che non va;

Ai giocatori dei primi due tipi, gratis in omaggio un bello specchio lucente su cui arrampicarsi. E una mazzata in testa per la loro poca intelligenza e compassione verso gli altri giocatori che non la pensano come loro.
    Agli appartenenti al terzo tipo, invece, dico grazie. Anche se non sempre si riesce a mantenere la calma, siete quelli per cui vale la pena incazzarsi.
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,459 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    Can you use the Epic launcher in parallel with the Arc one? I know Steam and ARC could be used interchangeably, I used to do it that way.
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    Can you use the Epic launcher in parallel with the Arc one? I know Steam and ARC could be used interchangeably, I used to do it that way.

I just read in another thread that perhaps it is part of the Epic Launcher suite that is causing problems for players logging in so who knows, glad I'm not using it though.
  • machine5#5794 machine5 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    > @jennycolvin said:
    > You actually don't need anything but the website to redeem the code.
    > Just visit https://www.arcgames.com/en/redeem
    >
    > You will get a 404 message when you click on "Submit", but don't worry: it's just because the link goes to a page that does not exist.
    > The code will be redeemed and you'll find it in game when you login.
    >
    > EDIT: here's the link to the new redeem page, in case you'd prefer to use that - both are perfectly functioning, but still:
    > https://www.arcgames.com/en/code-redemption

Neither of these work for me. I used the 1st url above and I got the 404. If I try to add the code again, it's says that the code was already applied. Nothing appeared on my account items. The 2nd url is expecting a redemption code with length about 20 characters. The code I have is 8. There seems to be a disconnect somewhere between Epic Launcher and Arc. My Arc account does know my handle from Epic but puts a suffix on it.
    My Epic account shows the connection to STO app, but there is no "link account" option to ARC anywhere.
    Could there be a config file somewhere in the Epic files where I can add it? Just a thought.
    edited October 2020
    > @jennycolvin said:
    > You actually don't need anything but the website to redeem the code.
    > Just visit https://www.arcgames.com/en/redeem
    >
    > You will get a 404 message when you click on "Submit", but don't worry: it's just because the link goes to a page that does not exist.
    > The code will be redeemed and you'll find it in game when you login.
    >
    > EDIT: here's the link to the new redeem page, in case you'd prefer to use that - both are perfectly functioning, but still:
    > https://www.arcgames.com/en/code-redemption

Neither of these work for me. I used the 1st url above and I got the 404. If I try to add the code again, it's says that the code was already applied. Nothing appeared on my account items. The 2nd url is expecting a redemption code with length about 20 characters. The code I have is 8. There seems to be a disconnect somewhere between Epic Launcher and Arc. My Arc account does know my handle from Epic but puts a suffix on it.
    My Epic account shows the connection to STO app, but there is no "link account" option to ARC anywhere.
    Could there be a config file somewhere in the Epic files where I can add it? Just a thought.

As I said, the 404 error is to be expected because the link goes to a page that does not exist.
    Since it says that the code was already applied, it DID work. If you were logged in when you used the code, you must relog.

As for the second link, that is not true: I redeemed yesterday the code for the Intel giveaway, which was only 8 characters long, same as the one from Steelseries, and it worked perfectly: code redeemed, pack claimed from the Promotions tab in the Zen Store.

Be warned: if you got to the givaway from this page https://games.steelseries.com/home and you clicked on "Exclusive Pack", then you got a code for Neverwinter, not for Star Trek Online.
    To get the right giveaway, either click the link in the first post, use this: https://games.steelseries.com/giveaway/797206683/details or, from the steelseries page, click on the image, (like on Martok's face, for example) to get to the correct page.

It's easy enough to check if you redeemed the code or not, even without ARC.
    Go here: https://www.arcgames.com/en/code-redemption
    Click on "View Redeemed Codes" (or go here: https://www.arcgames.com/en/my/redeem/history, the link should work)
    And check for the code.
    kv1Ohsx.png

- quelli che sono talmente imbesuiti da credere a qualunque cosa i dev dicano, perfino che la luna è fatta di formaggio... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che credono a quello a cui è giusto credere, sono d'accordo con quello con cui è giusto essere d'accordo e sono critici con quello che non va;

Ai giocatori dei primi due tipi, gratis in omaggio un bello specchio lucente su cui arrampicarsi. E una mazzata in testa per la loro poca intelligenza e compassione verso gli altri giocatori che non la pensano come loro.
    Agli appartenenti al terzo tipo, invece, dico grazie. Anche se non sempre si riesce a mantenere la calma, siete quelli per cui vale la pena incazzarsi.
    Thanks Jenny,
    I checked the redemption status and it is registered.

It shows the product (Steelseries S21Giveaway PC), game (Star Trek Online), server name (N/A), character name (N/A), date (10/21/2020) and platform (N/A). Too many "N/A"s make me think it's broken.

I can't find anything added to my game when I login. However, I'm new at this and may not know where to look. I have a ZenStore and Dilithium store, neither is obvious that there is anything new applied. There isn't any "promotions" tab that I can see.
    Nah, it's N/A for me too. I think they intended to implement that part so that you'd knew on what server and on what character you redeemed something, to ease the burden of possible tickets about "I redeemed this code, but now I can't find it anywhere!"... they just never went the whole way.

You need to check the ZenStore. There is a tab inside it that says "Promotions" (second-to-last from the bottom of the list). Your pack should be there.
    kv1Ohsx.png

• vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,844 Arc User
    edited October 2020

Claim your exclusive Elite Services Starter Pack today!

This exclusive SteelSeries pack will unlock:

IDIC Tribble
    36 Inventory slots
    36 Bank slots
    2 Bridge Officer Slots
    3 Captain Retrain Token

*Please note: All items will appear in the promotions tab. The Tribble will unlock for the account and can be found in the Tribbles tab (in the Personnel Tab) in the Zen Store. The Elite Services Starter Pack will be granted only upon the initial claim of the product. This STO pack is claimable once per account and is for PC only.

Capture.jpg

I bet it's in either of those buckets...oh, and stupid thought, but you DID log out and log back in after you claimed it, right?
    Spock.jpg

There isn't anything under the items tab and my tab list stops at personnel. I don't have a promotions tab at all.
    Yes, I completely logged out, shutdown and rebooted. Nothing appeared.
    I did open a "I redeemed this code, but now I can't find it anywhere!" ticket.... :)
    They asked if there was a connection set up with Epic in my account. The app shows connected, I'm waiting for a reply.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    There is a bug with with purchasing from the Epic Store.

@trekonlinegame: Due to a technical issue, purchasing through the Epic Games Store is unavailable and will not be restored until next week. This does not affect logging in to the game, or in-game purchasing.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    I opened a ticket and Arc support disconnected the linkages to my Epic account. They told me to re-link at login to my Arc account. I did that and EVERYTHING is now gone. I lost my game progress, my characters, items, zen, and everything.
    Hopefully they can restore the original linkages to Epic. At least for me, the promo pack isn't worth starting all over from scratch.
    Support was able to revert me back to my Epic account and all returned (except the promo items).
    When everything was gone, I did notice the promotional items showing in the store.
This discussion has been closed.