test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Can I Remove CXP?

millefune#8468 millefune Member Posts: 310 Arc User
I made a Non-Starfleet character, and wanted to RP that the character wasn't a bad Gorn/Lethean/Orion/Nausican/etc. and kinda left the KDF after being disgusted by all the bad behavior (look at those Duty Officer missions... and torturing a Starfleet Captain... yuck). I've been playing carefully to not get any Marauding CXP, and only picking missions that don't have to do with biogenic weapons, assassinations, and whatnot. However, when playing the "Of Bajor" mission, I was playing the nice guy and talked down the protestor at the fountain... only to find after the dialog boxes closed, the chat box showed that I was given Marauding CXP... for doing the PEACEFUL thing!

Is there any way I can rewind or remove the Marauding CXP? I'm a PlayStation player, if it makes any difference.

Comments

• protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,984 Arc User
    Is there any way I can rewind or remove the Marauding CXP? I'm a PlayStation player, if it makes any difference.
    No you can't. XP is permanent. Sorry if this messes with your RP but you were trying to do the right thing by talking down the protestor so you have that and were true to your character's ethics.
  • foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    No, as said, you can't. I can't understand why you feel the need to get rid of the marauding xp, though. It doesn't force you to do anything. Marauding ultimately lets you get a FED race BOFF along with FED race doffs which you can easily consider as people you convinced peacefully to join you or whatever.
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,261 Arc User
    You can also consider that "marauding" also encompasses "counter-marauder actions" and not just marauding, granted it's a justification after the fact but it's the issue with marauding being the KDF counterpart to "diplomacy".
  • millefune#8468 millefune Member Posts: 310 Arc User
    Thanks for taking the time to answer, everyone. Much appreciated. I guess I'll go about maxing out "Marauding" slowly over time by doing the "salvage wreckage/minefield" missions. I'm a bit upset that the game forced me into getting Marauding CXP by not inciting a riot and peacefully talking someone down from violence... but whatever. As y'all said, I'll just have to deal with it and make it so that the character isn't actually marauding when completing the unsightly partially filled bar.
  • nixie50nixie50 Member Posts: 1,268 Arc User
    you also have to realize that in that context marauding xp is the KDF analog to Federation Diplomacy XP
    u7acy6aymfw7.gif
    We Need BERETS in the tailor