test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PC and Console Patch Notes for 10/13/20

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
edited October 2020 in Release Notes
Greetings Captains!
We will be having a maintenance tomorrow, 10/13 at 7AM Pacific for 2.5 hours on PC, and 2 hours on Console. (What time is this for me?)
You can find our PC patch notes here. You can find our Console patch notes here.

=/\=
Post edited by ambassadorkael#6946 on

Comments

• ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
    We value your feedback and want to help direct it to the right locations. Please check the following link to redirect to the best sub-forums to post your replies.
    Experiencing a Gameplay Bug with our latest patch? Please click this link to be taken to our Gameplay Bug Report Section to file your reports.
    Thank you for the assistance!
    The Star Trek Online Team
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,390 Arc User
    Resolved an issue that would sometimes cause Federation Combat Ships to get stuck during the Synth Wave TFO.
    Resolved an issue that would sometimes cause Transports to get stuck during the Synth Wave TFO.
    For real, this time?
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,214 Arc User
    But what about the bug with the Advanced Phasers?
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • darknovasc01darknovasc01 Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    Or the missing traits Deprogrammed and Well-travelled, apparently removed by the skills respec, and in the former case no longer being awarded by the appropriate mission?

And perhaps it ought to be asked, has anyone run an audit to see what other traits might have been affected by the respec, because given the issues to date these two are unlikely to be the only ones?
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,451 Arc User
    Thanks for the fixes, Cryptic!
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    westx211 wrote: »

I have asked around and can't find any other report that Advanced Phasers are bugged. Can you elaborate on this?
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Probably because they don't come with the Mirror Constitution, I conjecture.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    So, I just tried to edit an outfit on a Fed Trill Female Boff (change from Odyssey to recently purchased Odyssey Excursion). The system error message on "save and exit" tells me I cannot change the species of the character... Is this a new thing?

Also, Onna is gone from DS9... So much for the free Phoenix Boxes...
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    westmetals wrote: »

I have asked around and can't find any other report that Advanced Phasers are bugged. Can you elaborate on this?

I have personally not checked in game, but have seen reports that both the Advanced Phasers and the new Risian Summer Kit Frame are not properly scaling with having multiples equipped... that they are staying at the minimum figures.

Interesting, thanks. I'll have to re-equip my Advanced Phasers (I converted my Discoprise to Cannons) and see if I can tell what's going on.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • mechaczmechacz Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    crm14916 wrote: »

Also, Onna is gone from DS9... So much for the free Phoenix Boxes...
    Its over. Token in Phoenix is gone too. I can only hope we get another chance in future, because this window was really short and chance is pretty low.

• foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    I reckon any free daily Phoenix tokens are very low priority for Cryptic even if Cryptic says one thing about them, like their availability duration, & its a lie. Easy way that could remedy this, & any future hiccups, is Cryptic could just deliver a free pack of 3 Phoenix tokens to every account under the C-Store Promotions Tab.

Hopefully the Synth Wave TFO fixes are true this time, applaud the effort though since the actual TFO isn't half-bad imo if functioning proper.

I had worried about the Advanced Phasers/Disruptors being "nerfed" too after reading about that. My very minor test seemed to show they were functioning somewhat less but was a 1 & done minor test. A "nerf" of those weapons though would be a big middle finger towards players lol. It almost, sadly, makes sense though if it is a scaling issue & is staying closer to 20% rather than being at 50% or whatever.

darknovasc01 has a very valid point, I hope Cryptic is taking a double-look at Traits since this pan-respec to make sure the Traits are functioning properly too.
  • inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    From the Console Patch Notes:
    This Featured Event will be the second of the four Events that will participate in the second installment of our multi-event system known as an Event Campaign.
    It's the fourth event, actually.

I see the various updates to T5 Reputations - no longer having to visit Nukara to turn in T5 is a very nice change indeed.

Hopefully, the fixes for Synthwave on PC will be more effective than they were last week. Best of luck, everyone!
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • brad#3291 brad Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    Will the Map Transfer Failed for the mission Temporal Ambassadors fixed?
    > @seaofsorrows said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Interesting, thanks. I'll have to re-equip my Advanced Phasers (I converted my Discoprise to Cannons) and see if I can tell what's going on.

I personally have noticed they're stuck at +20% bonus for their effect, which I think is the base amount, and they no longer scale up to 60%

Judging by what he said about the Risian kit suffering a similar bug they must've broke whatever activates the scaling.
    On the Romulan mission trait 'Deprogrammed', I have checked characters that should have it, but which have not respecced following the updates.

Both the trait and the associated accolade are missing on all of them, and testing has already shown that running a new character through the mission does not award either, so presumably the back end changes have wiped them from existence (or we have all been reprogrammed...), rather than the act of committing the skills respec - folks in the Accolades channel will not be happy :(

One other possibility I hadn't considered - Cryptic confirmed that a database corruption had caused the missing character issues, so perhaps the database corruption was more extensive than thought?
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    Resolved an issue that would sometimes cause Federation Combat Ships to get stuck during the Synth Wave TFO.
    Resolved an issue that would sometimes cause Transports to get stuck during the Synth Wave TFO.
    For real, this time?

Probably not. This will probably show up in every patch note until the event ends, where they won't have to worry about it until the next time they punish us with this boredom. Or... it could have been a copy and paste error from a lack of proof reading. :P
    From the Console Patch Notes:
    This Featured Event will be the second of the four Events that will participate in the second installment of our multi-event system known as an Event Campaign.
    It's the fourth event, actually.

I see the various updates to T5 Reputations - no longer having to visit Nukara to turn in T5 is a very nice change indeed.

Hopefully, the fixes for Synthwave on PC will be more effective than they were last week. Best of luck, everyone!

I agree about the not having to visit Nukara, it is minor but still a nice QoL improvement. Fingers crossed about the Synth Wave TFO.
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    Resolved minor animation issues with the MACO Rifle and Phase Pistol.

@ambassadorkael#6946 I see the size of the Phase Pistol hasn't changed, based on comparisons between the in-game weapon and screenshots from Enterprise it looks to be about twice as big as it should be. Is this intended, or a bug?
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • totenmettotenmet Member Posts: 592 Arc User
    Its now after the patch.

But ENDEVOURS Gamma Quadrant is still broken/bugged.

Why ???
  • ultimatebrainiacultimatebrainiac Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    No fix for incorrect "unsupported video card error" still. its been over a week since I've been able to play.
    Kinda glad I waited before I become a member till after the patch as this would sent me over the edge!
  • aleaicaleaic Member Posts: 352 Arc User
    Nice to know you can still die from a satellite strike AFTER a run is completed.
    Also, not sure if this patched did it but earlier saw it mentioned in chat so tried it myself & now regret lol.

Apparently the lifetime subscription shuttle reclaiming is borked if dismissed so I'd advise against doing so.

Apparently the acquisition form at the Ship tailor isn't replenishing after the LTS shuttle is dismissed but the 2 big main LTS ships are fine.
    Also, not sure if this patched did it but earlier saw it mentioned in chat so tried it myself & now regret lol.

Apparently the lifetime subscription shuttle reclaiming is borked if dismissed so I'd advise against doing so.

Apparently the acquisition form at the Ship tailor isn't replenishing after the LTS shuttle is dismissed but the 2 big main LTS ships are fine.

I assume you mean the Captain's Yacht / General's Chariot?
    > @darknovasc01 said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > I assume you mean the Captain's Yacht / General's Chariot?

There's a romulan version too, the Commander's Gig iirc. The Jem'hadar version has been postponed indefinitely since the launch of Victory is Life.

I assume you mean the Captain's Yacht / General's Chariot?

Yes, currently my DojHod Chariot won't replenish to be reclaimable after I dismissed it :-(
    On the missing traits, I examined the Tribble versions of my characters and as far as the Romulan 'Deprogrammed' trait is concerned the one character that definitely should have it is missing both it and the associated accolade.

This most likely means that a change to the underlying code and/or database structure is the cause rather than a database corruption, given that the loss is consistent across live and test versions.
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,504 Arc User
    > @darknovasc01 said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > I assume you mean the Captain's Yacht / General's Chariot?

There's a romulan version too, the Commander's Gig iirc. The Jem'hadar version has been postponed indefinitely since the launch of Victory is Life.

The Dominion didn't actually use shuttles in the show, every time they needed a shuttle for a script they just used the bugship. It is not surprising that the devs have not implemented something that never appeared in the show.

The Risan kit bug goes even further, not only does it not stack the advantage like the tooltip says, apparently the random kit effect never triggers either.
This discussion has been closed.