test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New bug w/ forums on Arc launcher. Yesterday + today cannot see my avatar, envelope, star, + gear

sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,403 Arc User
Yesterday and today while using the Arc launcher on the forums, I have refreshed, logged out, and logged back in and cannot see my avatar, envelope, star, and gear icons on the top. So something crazy is happening with the Vanilla forums these days. It is fine on Google Chrome though.
Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,635 Arc User
    What platform, browser, plugins, and ad blocker are you running? Everything looks fine here on Windows 10 Firefox with only Adblock Plus added.
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,403 Arc User
    I am not using any Ad blocker, I am using the Arc browser. I made that clear in my opening post. Please read it again.
  • lordmerc22lordmerc22 Member Posts: 776 Arc User
    seems he accessed forums through the arc launcher and not through a browser

I dont use arc for forums personally so cant help with any meaningful advice
    Bug still present today when using the Arc launcher to access the forums. For now, have to use Google Chrome. Glad I have not been logged out yet.
    sthe91 wrote: »
    Bug still present today when using the Arc launcher to access the forums. For now, have to use Google Chrome. Glad I have not been logged out yet.

Google Chrome has by default a password management where you can go and view your passwords if you forgot them

edited October 2020
    lordmerc22 wrote: »

Google Chrome has by default a password management where you can go and view your passwords if you forgot them

That is not the problem. For awhile the Arc Defender would log me out and I would have to sign back in, get the code, and get access to the forums. Still this bug in the forums as well as now only seeing two pages in General Discussion need to be fixed by Vanilla. Some weird stuff is happening this week and today with these Star Trek Online forums.
    Bug still present today when using Arc launcher to access the forums.
  • protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,950 Arc User
    Yesterday and today while using the Arc launcher on the forums, I have refreshed, logged out, and logged back in and cannot see my avatar, envelope, star, and gear icons on the top. So something crazy is happening with the Vanilla forums these days. It is fine on Google Chrome though.
    Is your Arc forum view the same as mine? I'm ok as well with Google Chrome.

dwEhLfl.jpg

protoneous wrote: »
    Is your Arc forum view the same as mine? I'm ok as well with Google Chrome.

dwEhLfl.jpg

Yes, that is what I am seeing.
    edited October 2020
    Not fixed.
    Post edited by sthe91 on
    Still having problem.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    Still having problem.

Then post in the bug section like you tell everyone else to do.

Bumping your thread every other day won't get it fixed any faster.
    Insert witty signature line here.
    edited October 2020
    Still having problem.

Then post in the bug section like you tell everyone else to do.

Bumping your thread every other day won't get it fixed any faster.

The problem is it is not a PC Gameplay Bug Report or a bug on console. If Arc had a forum for Arc-related bugs, I would post it there. It does not have it anymore. I wish it had remained, it would be nice to have a forum solely for Arc-related bugs as well as suggestions. Also, things like this have been fixed the next day, in a few days, or weeks later, so I never know when it is unless I check. Finally, I point out it is not fixed, to point out it is not fixed. Not to so-call bump it but to let it be known it is still a problem. I do not bump bug report threads as a rule. When I post a bug report regarding Star Trek Online, I post it and let it be or update with more information if needed. I know that it might be fixed soon, later, or many years after and that if it gets fixed it will usually be in a season, expansion, or weekly patch. This is different, affects all the game forums, and is connected to Arc not playing the game. I was so glad when they fixed the other forum-related bugs regarding General Discussion having only 2 pages accessible as well as the one where you had to press tab multiple times to post a comment.

With all that said, it is not fixed and I will look next week to see if it is. On Day 7 now.
    edited October 2020
    Day 14 and still not fixed. @darkbladejk @wingedhussar#7584 @ambassadorkael#6946 Could you escalate this to the respective parties? Also, posted to Twitter and Reddit. Thanks. :)
    Post edited by sthe91 on
    You seriously got little hope posting here as the only time they check general forum is if kael wants to post some sticky feedback post and that happens quite rare. Reddit or bugs section may be better results
    edited October 2020
    You seriously got little hope posting here as the only time they check general forum is if kael wants to post some sticky feedback post and that happens quite rare. Reddit or bugs section may be better results

I will explain myself again. I will not put it in the PC Gameplay Bug Reports section of the forum because it has nothing to do with playing Star Trek Online. It has to do with accessing the STO and other forums through the Arc client. If Arc had a section of the forums solely dedicated to forum bugs and other Arc issues, I would post it there. Sadly, it does not have that anymore. Posted to Reddit as well. This bug does not just affect me but also affects westmetals, protoneus, and anyone else who has not posted here yet who uses Arc for that purpose. Thanks. :)
    Post edited by sthe91 on
    edited October 2020
    Please refer to the Community Rules and Policies.
    Spamming
    You may not create posts which contain:
    • Excessive communications of the same phrase, similar phrases, or gibberish.
    • Numbering of a thread, IBTL, TLDR, etc.
    • Bumping threads.
    • Creation of First! posts.
    • Repetitive and unimaginative insults such as "Craptic"
    • Creation of petitions.
    • Posting of off-topic comments, including but not limited to comments or discussions of a religious, or political nature.
    • Posts and/or private messages that, in any manner whether directly or indirectly, contain links to threads from other forums in the PWE network may be subject to an infraction. (Cross Linking)
    • Advertisements that have not been authorized by PWE.
    • Posting to an old thread which has not been posted to in 30 days or more.
    • Creating Duplicate Threads (A Duplicate Thread is defined as a thread which discusses the same topic as another thread, which has had a new post within the last 30 days.)

This thead is in violation of those rules and is also a bug report.

It should be closed.

Please refer to the Community Rules and Policies.
    Spamming
    You may not create posts which contain:
    • Excessive communications of the same phrase, similar phrases, or gibberish.
    • Numbering of a thread, IBTL, TLDR, etc.
    • Bumping threads.
    • Creation of First! posts.
    • Repetitive and unimaginative insults such as "Craptic"
    • Creation of petitions.
    • Posting of off-topic comments, including but not limited to comments or discussions of a religious, or political nature.
    • Posts and/or private messages that, in any manner whether directly or indirectly, contain links to threads from other forums in the PWE network may be subject to an infraction. (Cross Linking)
    • Advertisements that have not been authorized by PWE.
    • Posting to an old thread which has not been posted to in 30 days or more.
    • Creating Duplicate Threads (A Duplicate Thread is defined as a thread which discusses the same topic as another thread, which has had a new post within the last 30 days.)

This thead is in violation of those rules and is also a bug report.

It should be closed.

I have referred to those policies. There is no excessive communications of the same phrase, I did not number the thread, no bumping of thread just updates to show it was not fixed, no insults, no petitions, no off-topic comments, no posts, no ads, no posting to old thread which has not been posted to in 30 days or more, and no duplicate threads. This thread is not in violation of these rules and is not a PC Gameplay Bug Report. It should not be closed.
    You bump your thread once a week forum cop.. it's a violation and you know it.

What's the matter? Someone doesn't like their own medicine? :lol:

I will explain myself again. I will not put it in the PC Gameplay Bug Reports section of the forum because it has nothing to do with playing Star Trek Online. It has to do with accessing the STO and other forums through the Arc client. If Arc had a section of the forums solely dedicated to forum bugs and other Arc issues, I would post it there. Sadly, it does not have that anymore. Posted to Reddit as well. This bug does not just affect me but also affects westmetals, protoneus, and anyone else who has not posted here yet who uses Arc for that purpose. Thanks. :)

Still you understand that posting in general discussion about a technical issue on their base launcher is futile. I doubt you even have 0.01% chance of someone from Cryptic seeing it.(within this year) I see that some people post launcher problems at:

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/categories/pc-network-and-other-technical-issues

so maybe try your luck there, cause you are going to wait forever here in this post
    edited October 2020
    @darkbladejk @wingedhussar Please move this to PC Gameplay Bug Reports or PC, Network, and Other Technical Issues. Whatever section is more appropriate. Still wish there was a forum for Arc-related issues. This is now Day 21 and no I am not a mod and have never claimed to be a mod. So stop with the fake news.
    edited October 2020
    I am not a mod

Don't worry, we know.
  • vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,843 Arc User
    if i had to hazard a guess, the arc program calls Internet explorer for the browser. several companies, including Intuit and Adobe have ceased development and support for IE and in the case of Intuit, of MS Edge as well.
    Spock.jpg

This discussion has been closed.