test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Partisans- Random thoughts

annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,593 Arc User
overall I liked it, especially the end.
1. and it's sort of a spoiler, so,
I REALLY want to Mardran. Seriously. I want to hit him with a phaser on setting 10. Or let my tardigrade eat him. any way i can i want him to DIE. he's a TRIBBLING Cockroach.
2. the ground combat seemed insanely easy.
3. I'm getting real tired of tractor beams that eat 10% of your hull every half second THROUGH FULL SHIELDS
awkward.jpg
We Want Vic Fontaine
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    I liked it. :)
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • shrimphead2015shrimphead2015 Member Posts: 527 Arc User
    I thought it was a pretty good mission. Lots of action and the ending was pretty good.

TIP: Trying to be careful so as not to give spoilers but let the second to last cut scene play through if you are having trouble with the final ground battle that no enemies show.
    "There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life." - Ten Bears (Will Sampson)
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    I'm one of the ones that enjoyed it too. There are ups & downs but overall an entertaining mission. My only change would've been the rewarded Body Armor option should've been a Harness type since there isn't one, I think, out of all the missions.
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,309 Arc User
    Only done the TFO once so far so cannot say if i did it right or not. Beamed up engineers, deposited them in either ships or transports. Did not notice a particular bug.

The mission is decent, way to easy ground combat. Only thing mildly challenging was the Red Angel-Targ.
    One thing which i feel is a lost opportunity is that there is still no Targ trainer kit module for all to use.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,258 Arc User
    My worst obstacle in mission was server instability but it was decent enough story for me, I'd post spoilers but I can't use the tags from my phone.
  • fovrelfovrel Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    The reward weapon is awesome. A sniper rifle with an insane range (a bug?) and the melee attack has a lunge.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    Mission was ok, I liked the story for the most part and the cut scenes are top notch. The 'wave mechanic' is annoying, Cryptic knows people don't like it.. they just don't care. Overall, it wasn't bad.

The TFO is a train wreck of boredom and bugs that should be removed.

The event requirement should at the very minimum be lowered from an unreasonable 20 days to 14.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • jennycolvinjennycolvin Member Posts: 1,100 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    The storyline wasn't bad. The execution, on the other hand, was trite and seen many, many times before.
    They couldn't even think of something *new* to make us do at Shengdu. That whole part it's basically a repetition of "The Undying".

As for the rest, the "wave mechanic" is boring and adds absolutely nothing but another timegate.
    kv1Ohsx.png
    Not agreeing with someone doesn't give you the right to be an TRIBBLE.

Ci sono tre tipi di giocatori:
    - quelli a cui non va mai bene niente... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che sono talmente imbesuiti da credere a qualunque cosa i dev dicano, perfino che la luna è fatta di formaggio... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che credono a quello a cui è giusto credere, sono d'accordo con quello con cui è giusto essere d'accordo e sono critici con quello che non va;

Ai giocatori dei primi due tipi, gratis in omaggio un bello specchio lucente su cui arrampicarsi. E una mazzata in testa per la loro poca intelligenza e compassione verso gli altri giocatori che non la pensano come loro.
    Agli appartenenti al terzo tipo, invece, dico grazie. Anche se non sempre si riesce a mantenere la calma, siete quelli per cui vale la pena incazzarsi.
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    Oh look an ambush says someone or other to something that isn't given that they enemy are beaming in right in front of you, into the middle of a large room with almost no cover to hide behind to generate the surprise attack necessary for an actual ambush.

A more correct response in that situation would be "do you remember when we used to be explorers"
  • fluxcapacitor#9257 fluxcapacitor Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    The mission was hum drum. Part One was basically a rehash of the Hassan mission. Part two, well, running through a linear maze (even the places where there are multiple doors have just one door opening), with the "oh no, I need to hack this console, you need to protect me" trope (more like tripe) was totally underwhelming. And the whole thing where the "boss" ship goes untargetable with "REPAIRING" on it is just a slap in the face of realism. Again.

Play through early missions. They feel like living an episode of Star Trek. Try the ever creepy "What Lies Beneath" and the follow-up "Everything Old is New". Those were fantastic.
  • annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,593 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    spiritborn wrote: »
    My worst obstacle in mission was server instability but it was decent enough story for me, I'd post spoilers but I can't use the tags from my phone.

really? just type {spoiler} and add a {/spoiler} replace the {} with []

speaking of what lies beneath.. that needs to be the universal endeavour on Halloween
    awkward.jpg
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    speaking of what lies beneath.. that needs to be the universal endeavour on Halloween

That and the one from the Gamma arc with the mutant Hur'q. Both of those missions have a much more appropriate feel for Halloween than Hearts and Minds for the umpteenth time. How many Dr. Sibaks do we need to reserve a bed in sickbay for anyways?

As for the new mission...
    I just wish there was some nod to us having been there before. Like maybe the Bouncer recognized us from our last visit, or some patron was there last time we were.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    rattler2 wrote: »

That and the one from the Gamma arc with the mutant Hur'q. Both of those missions have a much more appropriate feel for Halloween than Hearts and Minds for the umpteenth time. How many Dr. Sibaks do we need to reserve a bed in sickbay for anyways?

I just wish there was some nod to us having been there before. Like maybe the Bouncer recognized us from our last visit, or some patron was there last time we were.

with a "what, YOU again?" remark. I'd like to have tipped the door man too
    awkward.jpg
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator

Yea. Or maybe a "try not to shoot the place up AGAIN" line or something,
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • shrimphead2015shrimphead2015 Member Posts: 527 Arc User
    The only thing with the mission that is a little concerning to me is that some of my bridge officers get stuck in the room behind them every time I go through a narrow door.
    "There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life." - Ten Bears (Will Sampson)
  • lordmerc22lordmerc22 Member Posts: 776 Arc User
    The only thing with the mission that is a little concerning to me is that some of my bridge officers get stuck in the room behind them every time I go through a narrow door.

Happened once to me I used the command to send a boff to a spot to go around it, first clicked him to go to the center of the door entry and then through it
  • fovrelfovrel Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »

But the last time I was there, which was BTW also the first time, I killed everybody.

• spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,258 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    > @somtaawkhar said:
    > (Quote)
    > Yeah, we killed pretty much everyone there during the Hassan mission.... and we nearly do so again this time too!

Well if they shoot me I'm gonna shoot back not offer them tea.

EDIT: Or send them strongly worded letter of complaint.
  • alonaralonar Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    My boffs got stuck too, I just used the button to summon them to me.
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,386 Arc User
    The mission, outside of the generators part can be solved by using turrets-like abilities and letting your allies do the job since there is no penalty whatsoever.
    Wilkins doesn't even go into a "recovering" mode when her HP drop to zero.
    The only reason to play it "legit" is when it's your first run or you want to increase your Klingon kill count for the accolades.

The only reason I even do anything when defending J'Ula's ship is because as soon as someone sneezes on her ship, she yells at you as if her ship just lost its shields and has dropped to 50% hull under an intense assault. So I do the best I can not to hear her every 2 seconds.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • hawku001xhawku001x Member Posts: 10,758 Arc User
    Ahhh, I struggled with this episode. The Klingon bickering/banter needs something new. Not sure what. I think Wilkins was kind of the attempt. But still.
    wilkin's fake- *** accent is like fingernails on a chalkboard.
    awkward.jpg
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    wilkin's fake- *** accent is like fingernails on a chalkboard.

Yeah her silly exaggerated accent is annoying to say the least.
  • siotaylorsiotaylor Member Posts: 296 Arc User
    I've been switching between the mission and the tfo, since they are both so bad that I can't bear to do either twice in a row.
This discussion has been closed.