test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New Federation Christian Faith-Based Fleet

cameldukiecameldukie Member Posts: 21 Arc User
Seeking at least one Christian Federation captain for a new Federation/Starfleet faith-based fleet. We have four (4) committed captains and require at least one more before forming. We welcome captains of any Christian denomination - Catholic, Protestant, Orthodox, Evangelical, etc.

We do not intend to be offensive to other faiths, atheists, or agnostics; however, we seek to enhance the social experience provided by Star Trek Online among fellow believers. The restrictions incident to the COVID-19 pandemic have discouraged several of us with less in-person fellowship occurring among believers, whether due to restrictions or fears. Being avid STO gamers, we seek to leverage the platform to share our faith, experiences, and love for all things Star Trek.

Current committed captains are located in the Eastern and Central time zones in the United States. For ease of formation and coordination, we prefer founding captains from the same or neighboring time zones.

After formation and organization, we plan to expand our recruitment but want to build a strong foundation first.

Comments

• cameldukiecameldukie Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    To answer a few questions I have been presented:

No, we will not be equipped with Faithsers (unless Mike Tyson joins the fleet).

We will only be distributing Holy Hand Grenades when Brother Maynard joins the fleet, but he is unfortunately tied up on the quest for the Holy Grail.

Each committed captain has multiple toons in other established fleets. We have each dedicated a toon to this new faith-based fleet for the social aspects that will come with it.
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,461 Arc User
    edited September 2020
    Hi, cameldukie. I am on the East coast. I am already in several fleets including one that is pretty much a solo fleet though it did not start that way and that is where my main character is. Several of my other toons are also in different fleets based on a theme such as my Delta Recruit, Temporal Agent, KDF, and Romulan characters. Currently, my Fed'Hadar does not have a fleet and neither does my Discovery character. At least one of my fleets is in an armada. Yes, it has been rough for Christians to meet together during this pandemic. Thankfully, I have been able to go to church outside in New Jersey and we will soon be going to two indoor services due to the COVID-19 restrictions in November. We also have adult Sunday school class and others using Zoom. The services are on Facebook Live, Youtube, and now on the church's website. I wish you well in this endeavor. God bless. :)
    Post edited by sthe91 on
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • cameldukiecameldukie Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    LAST CALL AHEAD OF FORMATION!

We now have five committed captains to form this new Christian faith-based fleet. If anyone is interested in being a founding member, please let us know. I expect we will form the fleet within the next two weeks.

Remember: we intend to be a casual fleet bringing Christian Star Trek fans together while gaining the benefits of fleet membership. Yes, it will be a lot of work to build this up but should prove to be a rewarding experience!
  • doqtajgal220#9514 doqtajgal220 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Your fleet sounds like a great idea. Our church is doing well in southeast Kansas. There are still a lot of people afraid to come out because of the pandemic. We have been streaming the services on Facebook.

I have a new Discovery captain available and a seasoned Temporal operative captain that is looking for the right fleet to help build. I will keep an eye out for your new fleet and a prayer in my heart for you.
    Keep the Faith! I Corinthians 16:13.