Install Arc

Happy Anniversary Enterprise

eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 3,998 Arc User
Wishing ST Enterprise a very happy 19th Anniversary,

The show first aired 26th Sept. 2001

Comments

• rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    edited October 2020
    The ship that, chronologically, began a legacy of adventure and wrote the book that all future ships named Enterprise would follow.
    Post edited by rattler2 on
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 3,998 Arc User
    IT'S BEEN A LONG ROAD!

The quote for 2020, and still a long way to go.
  • ryan218ryan218 Member Posts: 36,106 Arc User
    edited September 2020
    Hey, anyone remember when if you posted anything positive about Enterprise here you were asking to be flamed into oblivion? Good Times...

EDIT: Oh, also, still holding out for Season 5.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    ryan218 wrote: »
    Hey, anyone remember when if you posted anything positive about Enterprise here you were asking to be flamed into oblivion? Good Times...

Yea... now its you post anything positive about Discovery or Picard you get flamed into oblivion. And how much you wanna bet that soon you will for talking about Section 31, or maybe even Strange New Worlds. Because there will always be someone who has to cry blasphemy on the new stuff and recycle the same old arguments used against Enterprise.
    Also don't forget the obligatory lines about Orville being better Trek, and maybe awkward attempts to defend Axanar.
    For the record I have nothing against Axanar itself. Its the guy behind it pulling the shtako he did that I have issue with.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • redeyedravenredeyedraven Member Posts: 1,297 Arc User
    edited October 2020

Eh... at least half the cast wouldn't return, ever. They've all moved on. At least one doesn't even want to be associated with Trek anymore.
    Post edited by redeyedraven on
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,500 Arc User
    edited October 2020

Eh... at least half the cast wouldn't return, ever. They've all moved on. At least one doesn't even want to be associated with Trek anymore.

True, that ship sailed at least fifteen years ago.

Historically, unless a cancelled series is revived within a few seasons (at most) of cancellation the only way they come back is as a parody of the series (more common in movie form) or a "nu" version of the series like NuBSG, NuLiS, which are a total reimagining, or at best like the new Doctor Who which can lean on heavy paradox from the timewar to cover the differences and keep the same continuity.