test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Incorrectly Labelled Cardassian Officer

I saved up enough Energy Credits to buy a Cardassian Sceince officer who will contribute to better overall damage for my ship. When purchasing, I chose "only items I can use", so I wold get Klingon faction Cardassians. I bought one for 25 000 000 Energy Credits which took about 25 real dollars to buy since I had to buy keys to sell in order to afford such a price. BUT when I selected the officer to add them to my crew, it shows that they re in fact a Federation officer who refuses to join my crew. The icon next to their name still says it's a Klingon crew member and yet I have nothing to show for the money and time I put into this. It's incorrectly labelled! I made no mistake.

Comments

• Options
    locke#8369 locke Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2020
    Well lucky for me it is quite easy to re-sell the officer, but will this only outsource the issue to another player? This faulty officer should be destroyed, but I want my money back.

• Options
    gilleylen#2528 gilleylen Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    I had the same, they cant build a better game cause I believe this is run by fans who are all free spirited individuals who are not a part of a team but a series of freelance developers making content as individuals under one Star Trek umbrella.

example is a old game i played online called Yugioh Online (everyone had a job and no one stepped on any toes) which means if the graphic artist was sick, the card visuals was messed up, if the programmer was sick then no card updates, if the host didn't pay for the server the game went offline, this is how it became obsolete! and before you say CBS is working with Cryptic, it could be more like a sponsorship role, they allow it for money and wont shut it down as long as they pay for it (people actually sprayed their car with Sprite or Mountain Dew emblem and get paid $50 a week to just drive around doing whatever they want, not employees but they are liable if they behave in a way that the sponsor does not appreciate)
  • Options
    marty123#3757 marty123 Member Posts: 670 Arc User
    edited November 2020
    Did you buy the playable Cardassian by any chance? Because if you but the playable Cardassian for 600 zen you will able to commission any number of Cardassian boffs like you would any other species from the generic vendor (V'Qlar for KDF) for 240 dil.

It could be that if you haven’t brought the playable Cardassian you won’t be able to recruit Cardassian boffs as you haven’t unlocked that feature, but I don’t know if it works that way for sure because I never tried to recruit a Cardassian before I brought the playable one.

Also this is on PC so it might be different for PS4, but I highly doubt it.
  • Options
    eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,000 Arc User
  • Options
    darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,715 Community Moderator
    bug reports do not fall under the necro post rules
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
  • Options
    gilleylen#2528 gilleylen Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    Me? I bought the Cardassian character, the Cardassian 3 Ship Bundle for a Galor T5-X eventually on PS4, the issue is that Klingon side has so many bugs, a work around is go on to a Federation sided character and it will show up right, if you buy a Klingon it will say its a Klingon emblem, then transfer it to the other account (Which is kind of hard)