test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Star Trek Day 24 hour marathon Sept 8th

foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/star-trek-cbs-access-feature-021347564.html

This begins: 12 a.m. PT / 3 a.m. ET on September 8 & will end 24 hrs later.

It seems it will be on CBS All Access at times, Twitch, & the "Star Trek" website.

Comments

• fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,782 Arc User
    The event, titled Star Trek Day, will kick off at 3:00 a.m. ET on September 8 with a streaming marathon of curated episodes from various “Star Trek” shows. The marathon will pause at 3 p.m. ET to make way for three hours of panels featuring a swath of celebrated series creators and actors, including Patrick Stewart and George Takai. Episodes from the following series will be streamed throughout the day: “Star Trek: Picard,” “Star Trek: Voyager,” “Star Trek: The Original Series,” “Star Trek: Lower Decks,” “Star Trek: The Next Generation,” “Star Trek: The Animated Series,” “ Star Trek: Discovery,” “Star Trek: Enterprise,” “Star Trek: Deep Space Nine,” and “Star Trek: Short Treks.”

Ah, George Takai will be there.

No idea who that is, but it sounds great.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
    Sounds like they're pretty desperate for attention.

Most series could be watched on Netflix, or through other means. This is just to promote other series that no one watches because they (legally) can't, without subscribing to CBS All Access.

Maybe, just maybe they should undo that dumb decision.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    I'll admit, I'm 1 of those suckers that have subbed to that CBS All Access a few times. I'll do it near the end of a series' season or when CBS offers a special price when there's something I want to view & it is currently airing. Then again any service I sub to I do it somewhat that way & don't constantly sub to any service.
    edited September 2020
    I'll admit, I'm 1 of those suckers that have subbed to that CBS All Access a few times. I'll do it near the end of a series' season or when CBS offers a special price when there's something I want to view & it is currently airing. Then again any service I sub to I do it somewhat that way & don't constantly sub to any service.

Yeah, I did the same with Netflix when watching Discovery.

I don't know CBS All Access because you need a credit card to subscribe to that. Companies need to learn that the use of those things isn't as widespread as it is in the UK and US.

But regarding Netflix: it's just not worth the money to subscribe for multiple months in a row.
    Series get removed (too many examples really)
    Some movies had only a few parts ever uploaded (like Mission Impossible)
    Series don't get the promised sequel and then the parts that were there get removed (The Expanse)
    And most of the rest of the content are just one season-series that are never completed and made into a true series. Many big movie titles were never accessible in the first place due to other companies (now with their own streaming services) owning them.

So in the end, you can either watch half a series, something that was to be turned into a series but never would be
    ...And a small selection of some movies. For a limited time usually, even if you keep subscribing for all eternity.

These streaming services are generally just not worth it imo. Their practices are close to what I would consider a scam.
    It's like buying a book only to find out that half the pages were never completed... And then after a month having the book including the part that was written being taken away from you on top of that.

Even if you subscribe to like a dozen services (I mean, we have Disney, Amazon, CBS All Access, Netflix, HBO...) you still don't get to enjoy much.

• rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator

You don't know Sulu? Helmsman of USS Enterprise, and later Captain of USS Excelsior?
    latest?cb=20120316190450&path-prefix=en
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    rattler2 wrote: »

You don't know Sulu? Helmsman of USS Enterprise, and later Captain of USS Excelsior?
    latest?cb=20120316190450&path-prefix=en

Well duh.

But the actor's name is George Takei.

And you implied you DIDN'T KNOW that George played Sulu.

If that was sarcasm... IT DOESN'T TRANSLATE VERY WELL IN TEXT FORM without something to show you aren't being serious.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    I didn't imply anything. I quoted a piece of text containing an error and specifically repeated that error.
    The event, titled Star Trek Day, will kick off at 3:00 a.m. ET on September 8 with a streaming marathon of curated episodes from various “Star Trek” shows. The marathon will pause at 3 p.m. ET to make way for three hours of panels featuring a swath of celebrated series creators and actors, including Patrick Stewart and George Takai. Episodes from the following series will be streamed throughout the day: “Star Trek: Picard,” “Star Trek: Voyager,” “Star Trek: The Original Series,” “Star Trek: Lower Decks,” “Star Trek: The Next Generation,” “Star Trek: The Animated Series,” “ Star Trek: Discovery,” “Star Trek: Enterprise,” “Star Trek: Deep Space Nine,” and “Star Trek: Short Treks.”

Never said a thing about Sulu. You're just making that up. It's also nowhere in the text I quoted.

(Besides, I did mention him in the thread about what we would like to see being added to STO... So obviously I do know him.)

September 8th is a Tuesday btw.

Not the best day to organise such a thing :/

edited September 2020

(Besides, I did mention him in the thread about what we would like to see being added to STO... So obviously I do know him.)

I haven't been in that thread for a while.

edit: Ok I have today, but I haven't been reading every single post since some of the requests have been rather... unrealistic.

I haven't been in that thread for a while.

edit: Ok I have today, but I haven't been reading every single post since some of the requests have been rather... unrealistic.

Nor did I expect anyone to, but my post here on its own seemed clear enough.

As for those posts being unrealistic: I think that was partly the point. There were also some very good and practical ideas too.

As for those posts being unrealistic: I think that was partly the point. There were also some very good and practical ideas too.

I agree. There are good ones as well as practical ones. But again we have the unrealistic ones like "bug free" or requests for something that is an ongoing problem that is not as easy to solve as some believe, like the lag. But that's a subject for another thread or something.
  • scorcher27ascorcher27a Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    Sounds like they're pretty desperate for attention.

Most series could be watched on Netflix, or through other means. This is just to promote other series that no one watches because they (legally) can't, without subscribing to CBS All Access.

Maybe, just maybe they should undo that dumb decision.

Netflix treats the old shows right, while CBS AA doesn't.

Two wrongs don't make a right... but three rights make a left!
    Still not really happy that the US can't watch the new Trek stuff without CBS AA, while other countries can use Netflix.
    Well... at least I got Discovery s2 on DVD.
  • nixie50nixie50 Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User
    a shame some of us have to work for a living
    u7acy6aymfw7.gif
    We Need BERETS in the tailor
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    Still not really happy that the US can't watch the new Trek stuff without CBS AA, while other countries can use Netflix.
    Well... at least I got Discovery s2 on DVD.

You did see where CBS is airing on regular television season one of Star Trek Discovery beginning Sept 24th?

I still think S2 was better than S1 but it makes sense to air the first to the wider potential audience.
    Yea I did. But its also around like 10 PM or so I think.