What would you like to conclude the Lohlunat festival?

13»

Comments

  • westmetals
    westmetals Member Posts: 8,259 Arc User
    gaevsman wrote: »
    Please, people, be civil, i chat with a lot of you on these forums, and you always try to keep it civil, nicely pointing out when someone was wrong or dont like their ideas, but you guys are ussualy nice. I dont agree with the OP, i dont consider that an aditional reward is needed, because we will have to "pay" for it.. perhaps more days of grind or something similar, i'm ok with the reweards as it is, wish it would be less days of grind, but more days to do it, like 15 tokens, in 30 days or something. Anyway, can we please calm down?, thanks! :smile:

    They've always made these sorts of projects be 2/3rds of the length of the event.
  • jcsww
    jcsww Member Posts: 6,555 Arc User
    I would like Q to show up and winterize the whole Summer Resort map and have a special Q Risan Winter event with Snowboards, building snow people, ice skating races, and a gun that projects an ice path in front of us to slide through the Biathlon hoops.
  • reyan01
    reyan01 Member Posts: 15,511 Arc User
    edited September 2020
    I will say that I think it's a bit of a shame there isn't a limited post-event method of 'rounding off' favors. The routine after the event ends is very predictable and I, personally witness these scenarios every year; for a few days after the event you'll find players:

    - Askng if the event has actually ended
    - Asking where the scedule went ("when is the next powerboard race?" )
    - Complaining that they still needed X tokens for the event ship
    - Complaining that they only needed X number of favors to purchase whatever item from the event store, sometimes resulting in begging/demands from players directed toward any players with excess favors to 'donate'

    To be fair I guess those who still needed event tokens for the ship might be able to use the buyout option, so that's something. However, no real recourse for those who needed additional favors beyond either buying off the exchange at extremely inflated prices or begging in local (have to admit, I've been know to help out with this).

    And I'll never forget the year this happened; this random player beams in, runs up to the Risa Regulars and says (in Local) "what happened to the event?" We replied "Its ended" - after a short pause the player replied "but it says it goes on until August 18th"...... to which one of my friends replied "well, yeah, and it's September now" :D
  • jonsills
    jonsills Member Posts: 9,729 Arc User
    echatty wrote: »
    All you're saying is that some people brought alts. Which people and which alts. As far as I know peter, cold, jon and rattler have no need to use alts, as they are like me and speak their minds.
    Full disclosure: I do have two other accounts, DeaconBlues and JRS253. They exist because I was testing some things with the Champions character creator that had to occur before the first character on the account reached level 10. However, I never post under those accounts, only play, and the closest I come to "trolling" on there is the creation of Tovan Khev, currently commanding RRW Tovan Khev XVI (although he just commissioned his new Risian ship, RRW Tovan Khev XIX).

    (His bridge crew consists of Tovan Khev2, Tovan Khev3, Rinna Khev, and Rinna notKhev - she's a Reman.)

    I maintain the accounts because I like playing the game, and I like seeing how missions can unfold differently based on the different abilities you can bring to bear. A Fed cruiser handles missions differently from a Bajoran interceptor, and very differently from a Klingon BoP or a Romulan Warbird. (Using the cloak on the Tiercel-class shuttle, for instance, really simplifies things when you're raiding that abandoned Romulan base that Obisek has taken over.)
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • gaevsman
    gaevsman Member Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    jonsills wrote: »
    echatty wrote: »
    All you're saying is that some people brought alts. Which people and which alts. As far as I know peter, cold, jon and rattler have no need to use alts, as they are like me and speak their minds.
    Full disclosure: I do have two other accounts, DeaconBlues and JRS253. They exist because I was testing some things with the Champions character creator that had to occur before the first character on the account reached level 10. However, I never post under those accounts, only play, and the closest I come to "trolling" on there is the creation of Tovan Khev, currently commanding RRW Tovan Khev XVI (although he just commissioned his new Risian ship, RRW Tovan Khev XIX).

    (His bridge crew consists of Tovan Khev2, Tovan Khev3, Rinna Khev, and Rinna notKhev - she's a Reman.)

    I maintain the accounts because I like playing the game, and I like seeing how missions can unfold differently based on the different abilities you can bring to bear. A Fed cruiser handles missions differently from a Bajoran interceptor, and very differently from a Klingon BoP or a Romulan Warbird. (Using the cloak on the Tiercel-class shuttle, for instance, really simplifies things when you're raiding that abandoned Romulan base that Obisek has taken over.)

    Hey, i too have a Tovan Khev!... you seem to think that everyone can have a Tovan?.. Well, my Tovan is better than yours! :lol:
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • annemarie30
    annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,234 Arc User
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    Why do we need an event for an EVENT?!? Seriously is not the none stop events not enough anymore? We need stacking events?
    Consider it Generation Entitlement striking again.

    What I would like to see, at least for the summer/winter events would be to have an "Opening" and "Closing" Ceremony. every year it can be in a random time zone so it doesn't favor US/EU/Asia. or I suppose it could be at the appropriate time in each zone, not sure how that could be coordinated. have a voice actor do an announcement with a "let the games begin vibe. attendees can get a special title and accolade. "I survived Risa 2021" I survived the Snowborg Queen 2021" nothing material but would still be exclusive
    awkward.jpg
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • davefenestrator
    davefenestrator Member Posts: 9,790 Arc User
    jonsills wrote: »
    the closest I come to "trolling" on there is the creation of Tovan Khev, currently commanding RRW Tovan Khev XVI (although he just commissioned his new Risian ship, RRW Tovan Khev XIX).

    (His bridge crew consists of Tovan Khev2, Tovan Khev3, Rinna Khev, and Rinna notKhev - she's a Reman.)

    LOL! I consider that funny, not trolling.

    I have 14(?) characters -- too lazy to log in and count. I wanted all 3 careers for all 3 original factions (Fed, Rom, KDF) then added Jem'Hadar, TOS, Discovery captains.

    They fly different ship types, builds, energy types, etc. since as you say they play differently.
  • vetteguy904
    vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,374 Arc User
    everyone on risa at the moment the event is over sees evertything dissolve and the holodeck grid appear...
    Spock.jpg