test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Weird Graphical bug entering Brea System....

for Cutting the Cord mission resulted in the below graphical texture issue on my Warbird. After some research I discovered it only affected the active ship.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lTyRp82SajSPMqh9Y0P6ibMRRsNgl_2L/view?usp=sharing

The oddest thing prior this it occurred on my KDF toon to the Vor'Cha (below), I thought initially was graphics card issue or corrupted texture file, updated driver, ran file check and wiped/installed no effect. Additional a fleet mate also had the some issue with his Vor'Cha.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vqznZrTpSkJYEfet9dQMV2lOWS7-1Nri/view?usp=sharing

Only after my Romulan toon reached the point of doing Cutting the Cord in the Brea System did I put the pieces together about what happened with my KDF toon.

My question has anyone seen this before and is there a fix to reinstate the correct textures? And yes I did google/reddit/wiki search this, nothing specific about this.

Comments

• inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 3,999 Arc User
    edited August 2020
    Both images show the Reman Shield effect which can be turned off in your Ship oloadout screen by right-clicking the shield and choosing "Disable Visuals", or by unequipping a visual shield from within the 'Visuals' tab.
    In some systems, the Reman Shield is a dark reflective material, but in others it is a bright reflective material.

There are many shields, deflectors and impulse engines which can change the appearance of your ship in a similar manner.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,443 Arc User
    This is not a bug. You just need to use the option to Disable Visuals of the Reman Shield. Though if there is one thing that needs to be fixed is many times I have had a crash happen while utilizing the Reman shield and displaying the visuals. I have had to turn off the visuals of the Reman shield as well as use other shield visuals due to a crash that has occurred too many times using that shield.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • darkjuno#3752 darkjuno Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited August 2020
    Thank you for responses! As a returning player, it seems more was changed/added. That did the trick!