test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Some Weapon Visuals in the game.

odinforever20000odinforever20000 Member Posts: 1,849 Arc User
edited August 2020 in The Academy
Omitted console weapons/torpedoes.
Omitted duplicate items that use the same visual (Like agony and prolonged use the same visual for example)

Torpedos.jpg?version=5cc2cbc68c7fe50e2823ac5adb2b5cf6

Beam_Types_Circa_2020.jpg?version=f663f1fe1f79c01853798aa19c1f238d

(some of the close ups are of "bolt style weapon animations" but cant tell that just by looking)

The_Science_Channel_Signature_Gen_2_-_Jacobs_xSmall.png

Rouge Sto Wiki Editor.

Tagged:

Comments

• szerontzurszerontzur Member Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    I'm guessing these are compiled from the wiki? It's kind of a shame people haven't captured the VFX for the various cannons; some of them, like the Voth AP, have a really unique appearance(and sound effect).
  • odinforever20000odinforever20000 Member Posts: 1,849 Arc User
    edited August 2020
    szerontzur wrote: »
    I'm guessing these are compiled from the wiki? It's kind of a shame people haven't captured the VFX for the various cannons; some of them, like the Voth AP, have a really unique appearance(and sound effect).
    Compiled from?
    Not..really..I took all these shots and put them on the wiki..So with all the originals I just threw them together for ya'll to see.

I had visuals for the cannons but they dont really differ that much from the beams (a few exceptions) ...Plus it got stupid hard to do all the cannons and turret shots cuz I could not get all of them.

Rouge Sto Wiki Editor.

• protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,952 Arc User
    I took all these shots and put them on the wiki..So with all the originals I just threw them together for ya'll to see.

What an incredibly detailed collection of weapons visuals. Thanks and bookmarked ^^
    protoneous wrote: »
    I took all these shots and put them on the wiki..So with all the originals I just threw them together for ya'll to see.

What an incredibly detailed collection of weapons visuals. Thanks and bookmarked ^^

YOu can zoom in more if you look at the general pages for beams and torpedoes where I put their respective images.

Rouge Sto Wiki Editor.

Compiled from?
    Not..really..I took all these shots and put them on the wiki..So with all the originals I just threw them together for ya'll to see.

Oh, nice; Thanks for all the work!
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Very nicely done, and very much appreciated!
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • theanothernametheanothername Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    edited August 2020
    Omitted duplicate items that use the same visual (Like agony and prolonged use the same visual for example)

(some of the close ups are of "bolt style weapon animations" but cant tell that just by looking)

Nice! :)

The bolt styles I know of would the the Kelvin and the Wrath of Kahn (Pulse?) Phaser.
    (edit) just saw the *; but I'd add one to the Pulse too.

Also while one of the TOS single beam twin beam array looks same in color as the TOS single beam array it does differ in that it actually are twin beams (only visually) fired instead of a single (slightly bigger one AFAIK) from the TOS beam array.
    edited August 2020

Nice! :)

The bolt styles I know of would the the Kelvin and the Wrath of Kahn (Pulse?) Phaser.
    (edit) just saw the *; but I'd add one to the Pulse too.

Also while one of the TOS single beam twin beam array looks same in color as the TOS single beam array it does differ in that it actually are twin beams (only visually) fired instead of a single (slightly bigger one AFAIK) from the TOS beam array.

I didnt mark the Pulse as a Bolt style animation as it (underslow mo) it did not look like the others as an bolt (Vaadwar or other emmiter stuff have a clear "Bolt")... More like a sped up phaser beam

So..the twin beam is still actually the twin beam..Shot from 1 side so I can present the same type image the others have.

Rouge Sto Wiki Editor.

• captkelly31#5645 captkelly31 Member Posts: 392 Arc User
    Would anyone else consider that some of these could be made into defaults for the KDF's sub-faction ships?
    Would anyone else consider that some of these could be made into defaults for the KDF's sub-faction ships?

I though at least 1 of these is a default for sub-faction kdf

Rouge Sto Wiki Editor.

• westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,206 Arc User
    If I remember correctly there's a unique appearance for the gravimetric torpedo if its launched under the effects of one of the consoles the Voyagers get. I don't remember the console, but it turns the torpedo green and creates a green gravity well
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
    westx211 wrote: »
    If I remember correctly there's a unique appearance for the gravimetric torpedo if its launched under the effects of one of the consoles the Voyagers get. I don't remember the console, but it turns the torpedo green and creates a green gravity well

I presume you're talking about the Shockwave modifier/Nadeon Detonator(from the Bellerophon). It does pretty interesting visual effects to most torpedos, but it also come with the knockback/repel effect - which is usually the opposite of what you want in most situations(especially on control builds).
  • westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,206 Arc User
    szerontzur wrote: »
    westx211 wrote: »

I presume you're talking about the Shockwave modifier/Nadeon Detonator(from the Bellerophon). It does pretty interesting visual effects to most torpedos, but it also come with the knockback/repel effect - which is usually the opposite of what you want in most situations(especially on control builds).

Not for the Gravimetric torp, instead it creates a super sized green gravity well
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,844 Arc User
    not the best weapon in the arsenal but I like the agony torpedo visuals
    Spock.jpg