test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Question about crits, procs, and exposes - ground weapons

smi3thsmi3th Member Posts: 211 Arc User
edited August 2020 in The Academy
Different ground weapons have different numbers of shots they take when you hit the fire button. For example, a full auto rifle fires three shots each time you hit fire while the pulsewave fires only one.

My question is, does the system check for things like crits, procs, and exposes per shot or per click of the fire button?

It seems like the answer is the former, since it seems to me that my dual pistols have a lot more chance to expose than a stun pistol, and I chalk it up to the bolt spray attack having five shots. But I am not sure if this is just confirmation bias. Anyone know for sure?

If I am right then it seems that you would want to get weapons with high rates of fire and low damage values per shot if you were trying to trigger the proc. On the other hand, if it is only one chance per click of the fire button, you would prefer a weapon that has a lower cooldown between clicks, and the number of shots would be irrelevant.

Comments

• foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    I'm not sure. I want to say they are normalized so it really doesn't matter, but Borg adaptation happens faster with multishot weapons, so that doesn't lend itself towards normalization. Of course it could be that procs/exposes are normalized and the adaptation isn't.

I personally tend to prefer pistols for the faster secondary recharge, though.