test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Temporal connie T6 light cruiser?

jarfarujarfaru Member Posts: 572 Arc User
I didn't even know a T6 connie was added to the game as i'm newly back playing. How would you get this ship?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    https://sto.gamepedia.com/Constitution_Temporal_Light_Cruiser

Opening promo packs (NOT regular R&D packs!) or for $160-200 worth of lock box keys or R&D packs from the Exchange. (Sell keys / packs for energy credits, buy ship for credits.)

If buying from the exchange, remember to look for both listings: [Special Requisition Pack - Temporal Light Cruiser [T6]], as well as under [Special Requisition Pack - 23rd Century Tier 6 Ship].

Another option and a much better value is to wait for the next time the 10-ship Legendary Bundle goes on sale. We don't know when this will happen, but it will probably be back Black Friday or Christmas:

https://sto.gamepedia.com/10th_Anniversary_Legendary_Starship_Bundles
  • Options
    jarfarujarfaru Member Posts: 572 Arc User
    Thank you Davefenestrator
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator
    There's actually 3 T6 Connie variants. The mentioned TOS Temporal, the DSC Miracle Worker carrier, and the Kelvin Command. Out of the three, the easiest to get is probably the Kelvin one because that was a normal lockbox. The other two are Promo ships.

And before anyone points out the Legendary ships, they are currently not available, so I was going with what IS.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    voodoopokeyvoodoopokey Member Posts: 244 Arc User
    jarfaru wrote: »
    I didn't even know a T6 connie was added to the game as i'm newly back playing. How would you get this ship?

You'd pay exorbitant amounts of EC to buy it off the exchange. For the same amount of ZEN and a bit of patience you can get the Legendary ships pack when it comes around again which gives you 10 ships, including variants of all three of the Constitution class ships. The Legendary version of the Temporal Light Cruiser is a Miracle Worker Light Cruiser which is a superior ship (and a more appropriate representation of the TOS enterprise).

https://sto.gamepedia.com/Constitution_Legendary_Miracle_Worker_Light_Cruiser

Has access to all possible skins that can be applied to the ship, including the TOS skin.
  • Options
    vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,857 Arc User
    The mw ship is not the same as the temporal, and is stylized as the TMP version the bundle also has the jjprise and discoprise, so there are 4 versions. Can you get the temporal from an elite Phoenix ticket?
    Spock.jpg

• Options
    avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    I hate how the legendary version lost two ltcom slots instead of just one.
  • Options
    The mw ship is not the same as the temporal, and is stylized as the TMP version the bundle also has the jjprise and discoprise, so there are 4 versions. Can you get the temporal from an elite Phoenix ticket?

No, just event ships, see the wiki.
  • Options
    alonaralonar Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    Not all, the voth bulwark and bug ships were not seasonal.
  • Options
    alonar wrote: »
    Not all, the voth bulwark and bug ships were not seasonal.

... but those are T5 and require the UR token not T6 and Epic.

• Options
    jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    I don't regret buying the Legendary Bundle, that contains a Connie. It differs from the 1.5 billion EC Connie from the R&D pack, but the Legendary Bundle, when offered, is an account-wide unlock, unlike the R&D Box version.
  • Options
    poddlipoddli Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    I bought my Temporal Connie off the exchange nearly two years ago. It's a lovely ship to fly, my main's used nothing else since. Though the build has changed a lot in that time (currently A2B, new antiproton faw spamming) it's remained consistently fun and capable.
  • Options
    voodoopokeyvoodoopokey Member Posts: 244 Arc User

It is the same ship visually but not the same ship mechanically... nor are the variants of the jjprise or donnie. By your math that means there are 6 versions. Making the TOS constitution a temporal ship was almost non-sensical, and molecular reconstruction on that ship is more or less wasted.
    avoozuul wrote: »
    I hate how the legendary version lost two ltcom slots instead of just one.

The temporal light cruisers had fairly unique seating, certainly... but while it loses a mandatory slot on both the tactial and science seats, it retains the lt cmdr universal and nets itself the extra variable console slot, allowing it considerably more versatility than the temporal version of the ship. I think the main negative change was moving from 5/3 to 4/4.

Having flown both variants of each of the constitution class ships, I personally find the only one that didn't end up superior in the Legendary version was the Discovery-era constitution (miracle worker flight deck cruiser) which got the wrong-end of the MW/Temporal swap
  • Options
    avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    edited August 2020
    Honeslty I think they shouldn't have any added the DIS connie, I'd rather would've had an excelsior which I believe was more deserving of being added to the pack instead of another connie clone.
  • Options
    jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    Honeslty I think they shouldn't have any added the DIS connie, I'd rather would've had an excelsior which I believe was more deserving of being added to the pack instead of another connie clone.

They need to do an Enterprise Legendary Bundle, which would include one of every ship that was ever designated, "1701 and Enterprise", giving you the NX, Donnie, TOS Connie, ISS TOS Connie, TMP Connie, TWoK Connie, Excelsior, Ambassador, Galaxy, Galaxy X, Sovereign, Odyssey, and Universe. I wouldn't be surprised if I missed one to make it a round 15 pack, but either way, and as much as I don't care for the Excelsior, I think everyone should have the ships they want to fly at any and all levels through out the game.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator
    Wouldn't the WoK Connie be the same as the TMP Connie since they were the same ship?
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    jcsww wrote: »

They need to do an Enterprise Legendary Bundle, which would include one of every ship that was ever designated, "1701 and Enterprise", giving you the NX, Donnie, TOS Connie, ISS TOS Connie, TMP Connie, TWoK Connie, Excelsior, Ambassador, Galaxy, Galaxy X, Sovereign, Odyssey, and Universe. I wouldn't be surprised if I missed one to make it a round 15 pack, but either way, and as much as I don't care for the Excelsior, I think everyone should have the ships they want to fly at any and all levels through out the game.

A new MW version of the Excelsior would be really welcome actually, with a new skin if possible..
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • Options
    smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,664 Arc User
    poddli wrote: »
    I bought my Temporal Connie off the exchange nearly two years ago. It's a lovely ship to fly, my main's used nothing else since. Though the build has changed a lot in that time (currently A2B, new antiproton faw spamming) it's remained consistently fun and capable.

Same. I was lucky to get one as a gift from a friend.
    Got mine in the Where No Man Has Gone Before style, and it's an AP build.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    duasynduasyn Member Posts: 492 Arc User
    edited August 2020
    jarfaru wrote: »

Lots of EC or luck.

I hate to say it but the Legendary Ship pack is a 'decent' purchase if you don't have any(most) of those ships. Yeah its a big chunk of real money, but the Temporal Connie is (was?) over a billion EC. That works out to being ~$400 if you do the $->Master Keys->EC route. And that gets you ONE ship, while the pack's ships are account wide.

And as always... wait for a C-store sale. Especially on such a big ticket item.
This discussion has been closed.