test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PC Patch Notes for 7/30/20

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,673 Community Manager
Greetings Captains!
We will be having a maintenance tomorrow, 7/30 at 7AM Pacific for 2.5 hours. (What time is this for me?)
You can find our patch notes here.

=/\=
We value your feedback and want to help direct it to the right locations. Please check the following link to redirect to the best sub-forums to post your replies.
Experiencing a Gameplay Bug with our latest patch? Please click this link to be taken to our Gameplay Bug Report Section to file your reports.
Thank you for the assistance!
The Star Trek Online Team

Comments

• captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    Mix and match time!
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    Hmmmm, I hope connectivity problem is being worked on. After the post I made on this thread, the Account Server kicked me out of the game, the loader was having problems updating, and not even the Arc is connecting.

My final time to do the Dilithium bonus for the Red Angel event is at 8:30 ET, I'm hoping things will clear up by then....

YouTube is still working for me, so it's not a problem from my internet provider.

*sigh*
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,403 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    Apparently the blog is for 7/30/29, so 2029. Nine years into the future. Folks we have done the time warp again! Thankfully, the forum thread is accurate on the date. As for the patch notes itself, glad the Rewards Screen is being fixed. Though for the first note it is Dreadnought not Dreadought. Thanks and please use Grammarly, courtesy of Shadowfang, Kael. :)

Edit: The date has been fixed on the blog but not on Reddit.
    Post edited by sthe91 on
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 3,979 Arc User
    Jeeez. We got NINE years to wait till these patch notes to be implemented. DANIELS WHERE ARE YOU DUDE.
  • puppylee#1758 puppylee Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    I see this makes a seventh month of many bugs not being fixed, and yet another tiny changelog of minor things.
    Anyone remember when they used to do pages long changelogs that fixed multiple issues showing that they were actually doing work?
  • ussvaliant2#1952 ussvaliant2 Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    Epic path notes for the 2nd week running.

UQ9u4GW.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/r6F7yxj.jpeg
  • paperbellpaperbell Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    Well I gonna try again to log in after the patch. It this point I tolerate bugs as log as the client launches correctly?
  • paperbellpaperbell Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    paperbell wrote: »
    Well I gonna try again to log in after the patch. It this point I tolerate bugs as log as the client launches correctly?

Or do I need to wait for next weeks patch for that to be adressed?
  • casualstocasualsto Member Posts: 672 Arc User
    Crucial fixes and improvements.

Perhaps its time to have someone paid in zen to write up articles and patch notes.

I feel like production and design are working well, but development and fixing are dropping the ball hard.
    casualsto wrote: »

Perhaps its time to have someone paid in zen to write up articles and patch notes.

I feel like production and design are working well, but development and fixing are dropping the ball hard.
    Maybe not writing them up, but proof reading it...

+1 for proofreading it
  • cxeronockxcxeronockx Member Posts: 154 Arc User
    What? For two patches 1 gigabyte download, then there is more than that happened?
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,276 Arc User
    well, given the summer event starts next week, i'd say a good portion of that was them dumping all the new assets into the game​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    Yea, I was also quite surprised by the large patch, given the relatively small patch notes.

Though sometimes they include soon to be released updates, though it may also just be updates for Risa on Tuesday.
    0zxlclk.png
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 3,979 Arc User
    jcsww wrote: »
    Just over a gig for the patch for just that!?! What else are you hiding in this patch?

Agreed. Or that Kael is being lazy and can't be bothered with full patch notes. Just as he is with proof reading.
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    cxeronockx wrote: »
    What? For two patches 1 gigabyte download, then there is more than that happened?

Summer is coming!
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,248 Arc User
    Remember that when the game patches things in downloads complete files and replaces the ones on your hard drive (or SSD) rather then downloading just what needs to be fixed, so even a minor fix may create a huge patch file if it happens to effect large files.

That said they probably also preloaded some assets for the summer event to smooth things over when the event starts next week.
  • lordconn#9249 lordconn Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    "Resolved an issue that could cause the Reward Picker window to not adjust properly to different UI Scales."

Thank you.
    edited July 2020
    sthe91 wrote: »
    casualsto wrote: »

Maybe not writing them up, but proof reading it...

+1 for proofreading it

Still trolling are you? This time grammar trolling?

https://mrproofread.com/blog/proofread-vs-proof-read-or-proof-read

https://merriam-webster.com/dictionary/proof-reading (Here, the Merriam-Webster lists "proof-read" as an alternate spelling.)

So "proofreading", "proof reading" and "proof-reading" are all correct. And if you dig a little, you'll notice that "proofediting" isn't attested in any credible source, but "proof editing" and "proof-editing" are.

And if you knew what "usage" means in linguistics, or how to probe/verify/analyze it, you'd see that "proof reading" has 8,2M occurrences on Google and "proofreading" has 42M. A synchronous and a geographical analysis could help understanding why "proofreading" is more frequent though it's clearly the youngest variant.

Just because you like an alternate spelling more doesn't make the other forms wrong.

Besides, I'm a player and a forum user. So my posts don't affect Cryptic's corporate image.

Actually I was agreeing with you, was not grammar trolling, and I do not troll. Sorry you thought otherwise. Thanks. :)
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    I think at this stage with the weekly comments about Patch Notes and other News Blog errors and lack of proofreading, it is being done intentionally. There can be no other explanation. Even Pavlov's dog took the hint. ;)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
This discussion has been closed.