test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Make it Single player as possible?.

skipper847skipper847 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
Hi all what best options to turn off Multi player options and to make it as Single Player as i can. From chat window to voice and can you turn off so you cant see online players. Thanks.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• theanothernametheanothername Member Posts: 1,504 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    skipper847 wrote: »
    Hi all what best options to turn off Multi player options and to make it as Single Player as i can. From chat window to voice and can you turn off so you cant see online players. Thanks.

If you question is if you can do all that then yes, you can do all that in the various option menus. Right click on the chat tab to mod it to your leisure, switch off audio-options, turn off notifications to not get these annoying lockbox lucky winner messages, avoid TFOs and it is as singleplayer as possible. 'cept other players in hubs; but you just don't need to interact with them if you don't like it.
  • starshine#7408 starshine Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    The chat is generally auto-closed, and really unless you go to earth space dock, it is a single player game outside of TFOs, all the story is and that's alot of content.
    TOS>LDS>DSC>VOY>DS9>PRO>ENT>TNG>PIC

Bring the Enterprise XCV-330 to STO
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    There's a... social?... option window ( O? Been a long time since I've gone there), where you can switch it to auto-decline fleet/group/etc invites. That goes a long way to reducing annoyances when you wander through major hubs.
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    I do all that stuff, and even have a private fleet thats level 4 on the starbase and 2 to 3 on everything else... it takes a looooong time, but you can manage to play as a single player game, it's just slow.. :smiley:
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,015 Community Moderator
    No you can't banish other players from your view.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    You can try to make the game as single player as possible, but when you're in social hubs, there's no way to get it 100% the way you want.

After all, this game is an MMORPG, not a single player RPG.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    Wait...this game isn't single player enough for you?!? Jeebus, there is basically no multi-player aspect in this game as it is.

Exactly, this game is just a single player game that requires internet connectivity to play.

Even if I want to play with other people, it's too laggy to even bother with it.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • kiriseekirisee Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    You can try to make the game as single player as possible, but when you're in social hubs, there's no way to get it 100% the way you want.

After all, this game is an MMORPG, not a single player RPG.

Actually you sort of can make other players disappear. simply go into your options menu and turn off the player floater options for name etc.

"If everyone used Macs, we'd be working on how to get to Alpha Centauri rather than how to get to Mars."
  • nixie50nixie50 Member Posts: 1,268 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    No you can't banish other players from your view.

nor can you banish what they do. you can mitigate it though. I have the party nullifier when some idjit decides to light off disco fever at the ship selector
    u7acy6aymfw7.gif
    We Need BERETS in the tailor
This discussion has been closed.