test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Legendary Romulan Captain Pack - Unable to Claim *Bug*

bloodfury#1079 bloodfury Member Posts: 5 Arc User
edited July 2020 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
I recently purchased this pack and I meet all the pre-requisites and I am unable to claim it on any romulan I had already or even new ones I make.

I have 4x level 65 characters on my account (on fed side). The pre requisite was to have a level 65 (no faction specified). Must be claimed on a romulan and romulan must have completed the tutorial.

I meet all requirements and I am unable to claim. I have a few Romulans at different levels and claim doesn't work on any of them. I also created a new romulan and go past tutorial only to find out claim doesn't work on them either. That new character had been leveled up too which also negates the possibility that this getting a level will some how trigger this unlock.

I contacted customer support and I was told I definitely have a bug and to post here (which I am doing). Right now I am out $70 dollars with no hope of ever being able to claim this item on any character.
Post edited by bloodfury#1079 on

Comments

• discodragonftw#5507 discodragonftw Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    No the requirements said must belong to the Romulan republic faction as in "Decide later"
  • inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 3,998 Arc User
    One of the 'hidden' requirements for this item is that the character claiming it must have chosen to ally themselves with the Federation or the Klingon Defense Force.
    Also, did they fix the problem yet whereby the item couldn't be claimed by RRF Alien or Reman characters?
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • bloodfury#1079 bloodfury Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    max#3995 wrote: »
    No the requirements said must belong to the Romulan republic faction as in "Decide later"

Here is the requirements right from them.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11456893
    • The character to be boosted must belong to the Romulan Republic faction.
    • The intended character must have completed (or skipped) the Tutorial.
    • You must have at least one character on your account that has reached Level 65.

I think you misunderstood my post. I can't claim it on any "Romulans" at all. I am not trying to claim it on Federation. What I said is, in my case I have 4x level 65s all on fed side.

The official requirements don't state that I need level 65 Romulans either (just any on my account).

In short, I meet all requirements and I can't claim it.
  • bloodfury#1079 bloodfury Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    One of the 'hidden' requirements for this item is that the character claiming it must have chosen to ally themselves with the Federation or the Klingon Defense Force.
    Also, did they fix the problem yet whereby the item couldn't be claimed by RRF Alien or Reman characters?

That's not what the official statement indicates at all though. here is their quote

"...applying it to the character of your choosing. This will immediately elevate that captain to the rank of Fleet Admiral, provide them with an opportunity to choose their faction allegiance (Federation or Klingon Empire), and place an Equipment Bundle into their inventory."

This says that it auto levels you and after that point you pick Fed or KDF side after.

Honestly, there is no reason this shouldn't be working I meet all requirements. Not only those posted on their website, but the ones also indicated in yellow text in game. I even purchased this pack when I was on my romulan.

It has to be some kind of bug.

• You must have at least one character on your account that has reached Level 65.

I think you misunderstood my post. I can't claim it on any "Romulans" at all. I am not trying to claim it on Federation. What I said is, in my case I have 4x level 65s all on fed side.

The official requirements don't state that I need level 65 Romulans either (just any on my account).

"The character to be boosted must belong to the Romulan Republic faction" yes from what I understand it means decide later

"The character to be boosted must belong to the Romulan Republic faction" yes from what I understand it means decide later

oops I defiantly misunderstood that so yeah i cant tell you any workaround I'm a console player so I don't have it yet