test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Another LTS sale till 07/23

eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,000 Arc User
https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11461083

Another LTS sale $100 off

This is hilarious though ..... You will even get 500 ZEN a month to spend on all the new gear and ships that come out in Star Trek Online ..... No you can't because all ships these days are hid away in gamble boxes.

Comments

• Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    A Charge Bonus would have been more preferable.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    garaffegaraffe Member Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    They really should say that the 500 zen per month is only on PC.

Us console players only get a pathetic shadow of the lifetime sub. I made the mistake of buying the lifetime sub on Xbox a while ago without reading the in-game description of the perks. I assumed it would have the same perks as the PC version, but I was sorely mistaken.
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    garaffe wrote: »
    They really should say that the 500 zen per month is only on PC.

Us console players only get a pathetic shadow of the lifetime sub. I made the mistake of buying the lifetime sub on Xbox a while ago without reading the in-game description of the perks. I assumed it would have the same perks as the PC version, but I was sorely mistaken.

"Captains on PC ..."

This is a PC sale not console. Console LTS costs less because you don't get the stipend.

• Options
    garaffegaraffe Member Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    My mistake, I simply followed the link posted by the OP, and the news post that it brought me to did not say anything about PC only. How silly of me.
  • Options
    sovereign010sovereign010 Member Posts: 636 Arc User
    I bought the LTS when it was discounted years ago, the stipend only really becomes significant over time since it's only equivalent to $5 a month.
  • Options
    foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    Didn't we just very recently have another LTS sale & it was at the $150 rate?
  • Options
    i dont recall the most recent cost. but i am sure they have bounced all over the place.
    i dont care about it as such that i bought mine after it was offered in beta days.
    much as the same happens all the time with sales in this game or real life.

Excellent for you! You've definitely earned your investment back & then some by now.
  • Options
    banditse1977#1368 banditse1977 Member Posts: 44 Arc User

Yep,3 weeks ago.My brother and I both jumped on it because apparently it usually only happens once a year ( we have only been playing STO a few months ).
  • Options

Yep,3 weeks ago.My brother and I both jumped on it because apparently it usually only happens once a year ( we have only been playing STO a few months ).

Good for you both. I personally would be hesitant buying into STO nowadays, but if you both enjoy it then the $150 is the lowest it had been in years & I think they did that discount amount back to back & now back to the "normal" discount of $200 so well timed for you two.
  • Options
    cyjetcyjet Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    I was kinda surprized when I saw -33%, after last two sales with -50%. Usually, there's no going back after a new "low", because many people will wait for the historical low.
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Their sales have been becoming worse lately. Lower discounts in Mudd's Market with no corresponding reduction in the ridiculously high List Price. Lobi Store Sales have dropped to 20% after they've been at 30%. We even had a 50% Lobi Store Sale last year.

The introduction of a fairly expensive Mudd's Market Bundle (Stealing Time) and the return of the Federation Legendary Bundle with no concurrent Zen Charge Bonuses.
    Post edited by ltminns on
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    ltminns wrote: »
    Their sales have been becoming worse lately. Lower discounts in Mudd's Market with no corresponding reduction in the ridiculously high List Price. Lobi Store Sales have dropped to 29% after they've been at 30%. We even had a 50% Lobi Store Sale last year.

The introduction of a fairly expensive Mudd's Market Bundle (Stealing Time) and the return of the Federation Legendary Bundle with no concurrent Zen Charge Bonuses.
    westmetals wrote: »
    ltminns wrote: »
    Their sales have been becoming worse lately. Lower discounts in Mudd's Market with no corresponding reduction in the ridiculously high List Price. Lobi Store Sales have dropped to 29% after they've been at 30%. We even had a 50% Lobi Store Sale last year.

That 50% lobi store sale was a one time thing on Black Friday, which is well known for its sales, and was accompanied by other deep discount sales as well (including a ship sale at 25% rather than the usual 20%). Any logical player should not have assumed it would become standard.

I concur with Itminns, Cryptic's sales trajectory have been getting worse, from a consumer point of view.

I still remember my shock by the -50% lobi sale, but still appreciative, but didn't didn't think that would be the new "normal" neither & that's when I spent my saved lobi hoard.

Cryptic's discounts have become more shallow but to off-set that when Cryptic does do a sale they spread it out over more items/services, usually it seems.

I am surprised by this LTS only being Cryptic's more traditional -33% instead of the -50% they had had twice back to back, but to each their own including Cryptic.

I still think one of the more egregious middle fingers Cryptic did to certain players/consumers was when Cryptic cancelled the normal subscribing & not auto upping any players/consumers accounts to the next tier as a good gesture & a bon voyage of sorts or perhaps offers players/consumers in that situation a discount based upon what tier they were at.
  • Options
    I never said the 50% Lobi Sale was the new normal, it was obviously a very welcome one-off. I mentioned it as an 'even had'. But the 30% was becoming the new normal. It reverted to the 20% when they started adding one-shot Promo Ships for Weekend Sales. Didn't want people picking those up for less than the normal price of a T6 Lobi Ship.

I don't appreciate being labeled an illogical player.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    Or as I've seen many times in game chat & I think I've even parroted a couple of times, "fake sale(s)" versus real sale(s).
  • Options
    thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    eazzie wrote: »
    You will even get 500 ZEN a month to spend on all the new gear and ships that come out in Star Trek Online ..... No you can't because all ships these days are hid away in gamble boxes.

The newest ship everyone's talking about is in the C-store. The legendary bundle on sale again is also in the C-store.

As far as those lockbox ships go, you can use actually use that stipend to get those ships too. Use zen to buy master keys or promo packs, sell those on the exchange for EC, then use the EC to buy the ship on the exchange.

Don't make it so easy to defeat your argument; it takes the fun out of it :p

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    darpendragondarpendragon Member Posts: 200 Arc User
    just curios...how many account bank slots to standard players get?

F2P players get no account bank slots, unless they bought them, or received through various giveaways and promotions.
  • Options
    thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    You will even get 500 ZEN a month to spend on all the new gear and ships that come out in Star Trek Online ..... No you can't because all ships these days are hid away in gamble boxes.

The newest ship everyone's talking about is in the C-store. The legendary bundle on sale again is also in the C-store.

As far as those lockbox ships go, you can use actually use that stipend to get those ships too. Use zen to buy master keys or promo packs, sell those on the exchange for EC, then use the EC to buy the ship on the exchange.

Don't make it so easy to defeat your argument; it takes the fun out of it :p

at times though, the ability to just buy at a certain rate is what people want. constantly hiding certain ships in bundles, or LBs, and then telling people to play the master key game is getting rather old. it was fun the first few LBs they tossed out back in the day. made it something to look forward to. (not for me, as my luck is south of very bad - and i tried...trust me. i even tried recently with some keys i had left over on a toon, and got a cpl t5s but nothing real special as it happened back when LBs were first brought on board - so i dont play the game anymore)

so, while your steps are valid and optimal for some, not everyone wants to play that version of "get your ship!"

That is all completely irrelevant to my post. Why? Because the OP said you "CAN'T" use your stipend to get lockbox ships:

So I explained how you CAN. Period, end of story. (not really, just for dramatic effect!)

Now, you may not like the method I described, and that's ok. But whether you "like" it doesn't actually matter. All that matters is the OP was wrong, and that is what I was explaining.

Comprende? :)

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    just curios...how many account bank slots to standard players get?

F2P players get no account bank slots, unless they bought them, or received through various giveaways and promotions.

F2P on console get exactly 1 slot.

PC? you might be correct.

• Options
    solidshark214solidshark214 Member Posts: 341 Arc User

This is hilarious though ..... You will even get 500 ZEN a month to spend on all the new gear and ships that come out in Star Trek Online ..... No you can't because all ships these days are hid away in gamble boxes.

And no, not all ships. In fact we've had at least 14 new C-Store ships so far this year.

Only in Mudd's Market and the Legendary bundles, all of which are ridiculously expensive (and the Mudd's Market items are simply existing ships that were not previously C-store). We haven't had a "normal" C-store release since sometime last year. The Legendary ships might as well be the gamble boxes as far as general availability is concerned--worse, really, since at least promo/lock box ships can be traded and/or sold on the Exchange--and the Mudd's Market ones aren't really much better.
  • Options
    edited June 2020

And no, not all ships. In fact we've had at least 14 new C-Store ships so far this year.

Only in Mudd's Market and the Legendary bundles, all of which are ridiculously expensive (and the Mudd's Market items are simply existing ships that were not previously C-store). We haven't had a "normal" C-store release since sometime last year. The Legendary ships might as well be the gamble boxes as far as general availability is concerned--worse, really, since at least promo/lock box ships can be traded and/or sold on the Exchange--and the Mudd's Market ones aren't really much better.

You can earn zen from dil and from EC (via contraband) so "can be sold on the exchange" (for $160+ worth of keys or packs) isn't a strong argument in favor of single-character promo pack ships over a $60 account wide unlock. Nor for lock box ships ($100+).

People who used the zen charge bonus got the Federation Legendary bundle in the first sale for ~$150 so 10 C-Store ships with account wide unclocks for the cost of one promo pack ship. I think the Legendary Bundle is a better value, but feel free to disagree.