test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[Regen] on Ground Kits/Skill worthless. Can we change to how the Space skill tree version is?

kaggert27kaggert27 Member Posts: 138 Arc User
Seriously, this is Ground Health Regen Out of Combat ONLY. IDK about anyone else, but if I'm low on health out of combat, I'm either using a captain power, module, consumable, or boff power to heal in between. This defeats the purpose of a Regen out of combat. (It also does not improve regen health abilities, or consumables that do regen to my knowledge)

Why is this not a Low % Regen while in combat, and a Larger % Regen like we have in space? This applies to the Ground Captain Skill Tree. Can We Please change this to match the space Captain Skill Tree version (Damage Control on the Engineering side)?

Because when I go to Epic 3 Borg Combat Ground Gear Kits in a set time apart, and all 3 get the [Regen] Proc, it's a slap in the face and a LOSS of EC/Zen/Dilithium/Money or in my case 3 Epic Upgrade Tokens that I used.. Vs. If I got a different actually useable, justifiable proc. Either completely remove the chance of Regen being applied on beyond the VR upgrade zone, or fix the skill to actually do something useful in ground combat.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Answers

• bobthewise16#3839 bobthewise16 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    While on PS4 I don't have these problems, I do have a non game-breaking idea and I can't post normally do to needing to wait until I'm allowed but regarding what my idea is I thought this was the best place to put it. My idea is such: If you play as the alien race ingame you have an ability where in combat you can morph into a changeling's second form where you take decreased damage in general and don't take damage from choking mist or changeling pool. This ability is limited to the alien race. If you support this idea, then repost it and please tell me before you do so.
  • bobthewise16#3839 bobthewise16 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    But here are some more buff's and debuff's: buffs, 10% faster movement speed, the damage immunity's listed above you have access to 3 changeling moves (PS4 controls) right bumper= envelop, right trigger= the standard tentacle hold, O button= the tentacle round swipe. Debuffs, you don't have access to your standard wepons, you create the choking mist as well and it harms your away team, you can't jump, envelop doesn't work against stage 2 changelings. Same rules as my last post.
  • trillbuffettrillbuffet Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    I will point out that its been 10+ years now of this and it still hasn't changed. The consumables that are nice to use the most are the food ones but because they have never been usable in combat no one ever uses them because the regen system is so stupid that you regen only when you no longer need it.

Its just like communication in this game as well so for the only kind of communication make a channel that broadcasts to every single map. Then player visibility being non-existent as well with the huge battle zone maps. They really need to clean up these areas in the game might help at least with coordination purposes and new consumable uses other than hypos.
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,310 Community Moderator
    Necro /thread
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
This discussion has been closed.