test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

To the Dev who took a peek at the TOS/Constitution bridge issues

theanothernametheanothername Member Posts: 1,504 Arc User
The "template bridge officer"s are replaced by the regular mix of sci/eng/tac and! 3 of my own Boffs! Big, big thanks for that! :)

It gives real hope the whole TOS ship interior might get fixed at one point (mainly the crew being melted/clipping into the chairs in the engi/crew decks) and have the rest of the boffs join their friends on the bridge; it was quite a bummer to see all the bugs in there almost literally the day after I dumped far more money and dil than I had planned in a TOS themed character.

So again, thanks for sneaking in a little bridge crew relive with one of the recent patches. :)

edit:
thanks from the crew as well ;)
screenshot-2020-06-03-16-43-44.jpg
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    diocletian#7546 diocletian Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    I am very happy with this fix also. Nice to see three of my Bridge officers on the bridge.

I agree to fully fix it the other two bridge officers need to join the three already there plus fix the issue where sitting crew for not sink into the floor.
  • Options
    smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,664 Arc User
    :)
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    Bought the TOS Interior so a six year old boy could sit in the Big Chair he first saw on a black and white TV back in 1968.
    Yes, I really am that old, lol. Thanks for the fix to whomever did it. Much appreciated!
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • Options
    jamieblanchardjamieblanchard Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    Yay for working TOS bridge! =D Kudos to the persons responsible.
    Bought the TOS Interior so a six year old boy could sit in the Big Chair he first saw on a black and white TV back in 1968.
    Yes, I really am that old, lol. Thanks for the fix to whomever did it. Much appreciated!

And can I ever relate to that. Though 1978 and Star Wars commercials for me. That said, my folks showed me some TOS reruns around that time as well.

Resident TOS, G.I. Joe, Transformers and hair metal fangirl.

And knowing is half the battle!

21 'til I die!
  • Options
    shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User
    I mentioned it to said dev and they were more than happy to address it which was awesome
  • Options
    revanmichaels#6727 revanmichaels Member Posts: 91 Arc User
    Every time I’ve been to k13 recently , the crewman on K13 console for the bank has been sitting on the floor with the chair phased into there chest.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Seems like all these TOS NPCs are auditioning for the Transporter scene of TMP. :)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    shadowkosh wrote: »
    I mentioned it to said dev and they were more than happy to address it which was awesome

For you that may sound just like the line you said but for me reading your post sounded like:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6wRkzCW5qI

:P
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    After a bit of tinkering:

TOS Fed: Eng1, Sci1, Tac1, and 3 randos, (note: this setup has Eng1 as the seat behind the captain chair, and swapped with the Tac1)

Romulan: Eng1, Sci1, Tac1, Eng2, Sci2, Tac2(Sci2 was Satra who wasn't slotted at all, but it DIDN'T pull Tovan as Tac1 which is a change from before)

DiscoFed: much the same as the Romulan, pulled 2 of each boff, and filled in with tutorial boffs if missing slots('cause the game won't let you have holoboffs on your bridge and my actual #1 tac was Lorca)

And regular Fed is the same. It just doesn't work the same for TOS as others.

It's not broken though just different. Not really sure why the TOS fed version has the Tac1 and Eng1 swapped. or for that matter why it has generic NPCs instead of 2s. It basically works the same on anyone who isn't a TOS fed.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,263 Arc User
    Every time I’ve been to k13 recently , the crewman on K13 console for the bank has been sitting on the floor with the chair phased into there chest.

it seems to be an issue with the chair asset itself, back in the Foundry days you could get around it in the Foundry by placing a romulan hammer asset on the chair (which had collision but not physics so it would stay there) and the characters would "sit" on that. the hammer asset worked because it was small enough that the characters would cover it up, that said it was a extra prop you needed to place and eat up your prop budget.
  • Options
    After a bit of tinkering:

TOS Fed: Eng1, Sci1, Tac1, and 3 randos, (note: this setup has Eng1 as the seat behind the captain chair, and swapped with the Tac1)

Romulan: Eng1, Sci1, Tac1, Eng2, Sci2, Tac2(Sci2 was Satra who wasn't slotted at all, but it DIDN'T pull Tovan as Tac1 which is a change from before)

DiscoFed: much the same as the Romulan, pulled 2 of each boff, and filled in with tutorial boffs if missing slots('cause the game won't let you have holoboffs on your bridge and my actual #1 tac was Lorca)

And regular Fed is the same. It just doesn't work the same for TOS as others.

It's not broken though just different. Not really sure why the TOS fed version has the Tac1 and Eng1 swapped. or for that matter why it has generic NPCs instead of 2s. It basically works the same on anyone who isn't a TOS fed.

Not sure why generic ones are on the bridge at all if enough boffs of all classes are present; I'm just glad to see some familiar faces there now instead the "template" ones :)

If I had to guess though its probably that at some point someone wanted to make sure that specific story boffs gets a secured place to shine on the bridge which accidentally broke something for all others. Not pointing fingers though... *points at Tovan when nobody is looking* :P
This discussion has been closed.