test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Liberated Borg DOFFs

garaffegaraffe Member Posts: 1,353 Arc User
edited November 2023 in Duty Officer System and R&D
Why in the world does it seem like the LB DOFFs are faction bound? Take 40 of 47 for example--a liberated borg human that I cannot equip on my KDF allied Rom. Even worse is 10 of 47, a liberated borg ROMULAN that my KDF allied ROMULAN captain cannot equip to active duty.

This makes no sense. I opened a bunch of boxes on a Fed allied character and got a couple that would be perfect for my KDF allied Tac Rom, but it seems that they are useless to said captain.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• lexers615#4253 lexers615 Member Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    Well... All DOff are faction bound. All of them. Some are Fedederation and can be used by Fedederation and Federation allied Romulans and Dominion. Some are KDF and can be used by KDF and KDF allied Romulans and Dominion. Some of them are Romulan exclusive, and a couple are Dominion exclusive. There isn't a single DOff that isn't faction found.

However, there are several DOff of which there is both a KDF and Fed version. Rulian Mazan for example. When you finish the Admiralty mission Investigate Temporal Anomaly, you get a faction appropriate copy of her. Same with LB DOff purchased from the Omega Reputation store.
    Post edited by lexers615#4253 on
  • garaffegaraffe Member Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    I still don't see why a liberated borg romulan DOFF that I obtained on a KDF aligned reman character can't be transferred to my Fed aligned reman character. I don't remember which one it is because I sold it when I realized I can't transfer it.
  • drnicket#1308 drnicket Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    garaffe wrote: »
    I still don't see why a liberated borg romulan DOFF that I obtained on a KDF aligned reman character can't be transferred to my Fed aligned reman character. I don't remember which one it is because I sold it when I realized I can't transfer it.

Inconvenient yes, but when you open the DOff box, that is when the DOff is generated from the pool available to your current character's allegience. Race is Irrelevant. Resistance is Futile. ...or so they'd have us believe! ;^P
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,313 Community Moderator
    necro /thread
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
This discussion has been closed.