test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

10 ST Episodes that were banned

eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 3,997 Arc User
Everyone is open to their own opinion to why some of these episodes were banned, but I certainly do find some of the excuses given by tv networks somewhat iffy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqjOQF_Rdkg

Comments

• smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    Networks and executives were never known for being intelligent, you know.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    edited May 2020
    I can think of three cases in point.
    • Firefly (offed before its time. Got a full blown movie afterwords)
    • Crusade (Babylon 5 spinoff. Aired out of order)
    • Enterprise (Was actually starting to pick up again during s4, only to get canned and end with that finale that could have been a LOT better. Story was kinda clever, but was out of place as a series finale.)

Also... Fox does not like sci-fi. Firefly and Almost Human were on Fox... only lasted one season before they decided to play more things like Big Brother and Survivor because they prefered "Reality" shows over anything else.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,443 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    rattler2 wrote: »
    I can think of three cases in point.
    • Firefly (offed before its time. Got a full blown movie afterwords)
    • Crusade (Babylon 5 spinoff. Aired out of order)
    • Enterprise (Was actually starting to pick up again during s4, only to get canned and end with that finale that could have been a LOT better. Story was kinda clever, but was out of place as a series finale.)

I liked Firefly, Crusade, and Enterprise.

I even liked Terra Nova and it was getting good when they found the Viking ship but sadly were cancelled by Fox who do not seem to invest in scifi which they should in my opinion.

They did the same thing to Almost Human, I think it was called. I liked the chemistry between Karl Urban and Michael Ealy.

I think that final episode of Enterprise would have been more believable if Jonathan Frakes had lost some weight. He did not look healthy. Still did not like it and also do not accept the death of Trip Tucker especially that wink. I accept the novel explanation for that.

I disagree that the networks and executives are not intelligent but still think that several series ended before they really started to build momentum. It is likely a lot of networks and executives believe that when a show is aired it needs to be a flash in the pan. If it is not, then it usually gets canned.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    He probably could have if he had been given time. When I saw it I really didn't see anything wrong with him though. Still... we WOULD have gotten the Earth-Romulan War in s5. But alas... we didn't.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)