test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Question about photonic beings

renata666renata666 Member Posts: 284 Arc User
If a photonic being cries outside of a holodeck, are the tears real liquid, or do they simply disappear after they leave physical contact with the photonic being?

Opinions???

Comments

• Options
    hawku001xhawku001x Member Posts: 10,758 Arc User
  • Options
    Makes sense... I suppose. Thank you.
  • Options
    lordgyorlordgyor Member Posts: 2,820 Arc User
    Depends on the type of Holodeck tech used, folks sometimes forget that there are different types.

If it uses some kind of protomatter like the Enterprise Holodecks it could leave a residue of protomatter, if it's just magnetic fields and light nothing would remain, if it's a Omicron Field it's not limited to a holodeck, but were would lose conference outside the field, but would leave Omnicron particle residue, and Isomorphic projection tears would last until someone shuts them off.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator
    Huh? Protomatter? Since when did a holodeck use Protomatter?
    Last instance of Protomatter I'm aware of was Genesis.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,365 Arc User
    Holodecks don't use protomatter - if you don't know the process the Lukari developed, it's dangerously unstable and prone to all manner of unpleasant effects up to and including spontaneous explosion.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    Yeah... I'm gonna go with replicated water. :smiley:
  • Options
    hawku001xhawku001x Member Posts: 10,758 Arc User
    I'm going to retract my replicated answer and change with the stored tears of Ensigns relieved of duty.
  • Options
    LOL That's even better. :smiley:
    hawku001x wrote: »
    I'm going to retract my replicated answer and change with the stored tears of Ensigns relieved of duty.