test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tzen Tar Dreadnaught (Tzenkethi, T6)? Limited time in Lobi Store special?

captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
It's supposed to be at a sale price of 960 during it's time in the Lobi store.

Is this supposed to be the promotion ship? If so, I guess it would be worth more than the standard 900 Lobi for T6 ships, even if it was for sale.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    Maybe they're finally coming to the realisation that a gamblebox that revolves around a booby prize from the key based gambleboxes is a bit of a pisstake and are going to phase it out in favour of more expensive lobi ships that will push keys sales.
  • trillbuffettrillbuffet Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    I could see getting these new ships if they came out with a miracle worker bird of prey that has enhanced battle cloak lol to use the trait for. Is one reason its kind of sad they don't really make many bops since there are a few spec skills from each one that would work well on them besides pilot ones if there were a way to get more bops with different hybrid stations. Especially if you were able to have the ability on one station to choose one type of spec skill for characters that have them all pretty much unlocked so you could have an advanced enhanced battle cloak new class that could get something like casual reversion 1, nanite repair payload 2, concentrate firepower 3, kinetic magnet 3. Basically for the most part every specialization out there has synergy torpedo skills if perhaps they were able to use them together. Just a thought or suggestion to help sell things like this new ship that would be great except for the fact that the game needs some more glue so they can hold it together :)
  • szerontzurszerontzur Member Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    It's a shame the timing doesn't really work out for me, but it is a pretty awesome offer for people currently sitting on a bit stack of lobi. The ship was love at first sight for me, but I've never been able to justify/prioritize the cost of acquisition. Recently moved a lot of assets getting Baltim Frigates for my Quas captain along with the Nekcrid and Son'a BC(trait) for one of my torpedo captains.

I confess I'm always a bit jaded about time-limited offers like this though. I always expect it's an attempt to sucker people in before changing the rules. Been burned too many times, I suppose.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Man, this promotion was a stroke of luck!

A few days ago, I almost bought a Tzen-tar for 1.2 Billion.. but decided to hold out and see if it dropped closer to that 1 Billion Mark.

Then today, I got one for 480 Million instead. Needless to say, I am most pleased. Though I imagine anyone that recently bought one for 1-1.2B isn't all that happy about it.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    edited April 2020
    This is pretty awesome. Cryptic has just trained me to never buy another promo ship off of the exchange again unless it's during one of these limited time lobi purchase events. With the legendary ships pack that I bought there now seems to be multiple alternatives coming down the pipe for buying promo ships. Whether or not they do either of these things again in the future remains to be seen. I certainly won't be buying another promo ship for over a billion ever again though. Even if they never do either alternative again, the fear of buying at full price is just too much.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
    edited April 2020
    This is pretty awesome. Cryptic has just trained me to never buy another promo ship off of the exchange again unless it's during one of these limited time lobi purchase events. With the legendary ships pack that I bought there now seems to be multiple alternatives coming down the pipe for buying promo ships. Whether or not they do either of these things again in the future remains to be seen. I certainly won't be buying another promo ship for over a billion ever again though. Even if they never do either alternative again, the fear of buying at full price is just too much.

It will be interesting to see down the road if they do something like this again, and if so.. with what ship. I would have to assume they won't be giving this treatment to ships like the Discovery Enterprise/D7 or the Juggernaut, but honestly.. I would not have thought the Tzen-Tar would be the ship they would pick either since it's also highly desirable.

I really like this idea for ships like the Section 31 ship, The Freedom Class, etc. Ships that are really good, but not good enough to take over other ships in the pack. Giving them the 'Lobi Treatment' makes them worth the cost for a while and could increase their popularity.

Again though, I was surprised to see they would pick the Tzen-Tar for this promotion as it's actually one of the best ships in the pack. When it comes to buying a promo ship from the exchange.. this won't really change my opinion on buying.. it's just too random to hope that the ship I want will be the special or that it will happen anytime soon. I won't spend cash to get one, but I'll still drop EC on ships if I really want one.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    I said this in another Thread:

'The interesting thing is the Tzen-tar being added to the Lobi Store for a limited time at a new higher price point. This may be testing the waters to see how 'Alien' type (non-main Faction) R&D Promotion Ships would fare in the Lobi Store on a limited time basis.

Note that recent Lobi Store Sales have been at 30%, this is 20%. Just wild conjecture on my part, but with the Tzen-tar being list price at 1,200 Lobi, a 20% Sale makes it 960 Lobi, still above the normal price for a T6 Lobi Ship of 900. A 30% Sale would have put that 1,200 Lobi Ship at 840 Lobi, less than a normal price of a T6 Lobi Ship. And since the Tzen-tar is limited time only in the Lobi Store it would only have been sold at the discount price.

Also, since the Mega-Event now offers a 1,000 Lobi Award in lieu of the free T6 Ship Token, you may find another of these special R&D Promotion Ships showing up on a limited time basis after those 1,000 Lobi payouts.'
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • miirikmiirik Member Posts: 483 Arc User
    If they do this with the Necrid Hive ship for the Hur'q, I'm totally buying in.
    edited April 2020
    I am curious if they're going to be doing a monthly/quarterly rotation of promo ships for 1200 lobi now. That's the impression I'm getting anyways; and, it's a pretty solid marketing move - letting people 'double-dip' for promo events. A lot of "gacha" games use a similar system.
  • This makes me want to vomit, as if noob chat wasn't bad enough already and you can't join a queue without there being 2 Tzen-tars in it.
    qaAuoh7.gif
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    edited April 2020
    I bought a Tzen-tar back in the day and named it Thor's Hammer, I ended up regretting the purchase and found that I enjoyed my Vaadwaur Jugganaut much more.
    This makes me want to vomit, as if noob chat wasn't bad enough already and you can't join a queue without there being 2 Tzen-tars in it.

Sounds like you need to worry a little more about yourself and a little less about everyone else.
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited April 2020

A few days ago, I almost bought a Tzen-tar for 1.2 Billion.. but decided to hold out and see if it dropped closer to that 1 Billion Mark.

Then today, I got one for 480 Million instead. Needless to say, I am most pleased. Though I imagine anyone that recently bought one for 1-1.2B isn't all that happy about it.

Hooray! GZ mate. B)

The ship is versatile enough to set it up as one pleases. I went for kinetics and I’m very pleased with the results. The ship is super great for energy weapons as well of course.

I payed the 1-1.2B a few moths back but I'm happy for each and everybody who can get it cheaper now. Just promise me to make the best of it. :)
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
    edited April 2020
    This makes me want to vomit, as if noob chat wasn't bad enough already and you can't join a queue without there being 2 Tzen-tars in it.

I dont understand... Are you afraid of good ships in the teams you end up with or what? :/
    animated.gif
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    I'm happy with my Mega Grav Well Legendary Voyager. I just scoot across the map setting up a Well here, a Well there, whose contents the other ships can just burn down (whatever is left).

I picked one up, but it will stay in the Bank right now.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns

Hooray! GZ mate. B)

The ship is versatile enough to set it up as one pleases. I went for kinetics and I’m very pleased with the results. The ship is super great for energy weapons as well of course.

I payed the 1-1.2B a few moths back but I'm happy for each and everybody who can get it cheaper now. Just promise me to make the best of it. :)

Thanks Man! :smile:

I'll go over your build.. I was thinking of doing something like that with the Tzen-tar. The only issue is that I have never played a Torp boat and have no idea at all how to do it. :lol:

Right now I am running a half bat/Photonic Officer setup that's very effective, but I feel like I want to try something different. I might be hitting you up for tips of I convert it to a Kinetic Killer. :wink:
    Torp builds are wild these days, but they're heavily reliant on traits(both starship and especially captain).. and that can add up in a hurry with the current market climate. Concentrate Firepower(Command) and a crafted torp with torp spread proc are fantastic for getting 'free' enhancement spam rolling as well. Starship traits can get really crowded in a hurry when you've got so many great options to choose from. There's also a lot of nice synergy with photons and radiation(/epg) available too.. which opens more trait options. Messing around with a (radiation)torp Nekcrid during the anniversary queues was a rather eye-opening experience that has changed my paradigm on kinetics versus energy weapons.

I'd probably suggest speccing for Science over Tactical skillpoint distribution though. The extra epg, control amplification(grav well spam/procs stack resist debuffs), and 'crit mode'(higher severity scale on kinetics) are more useful than frenzy(it can be hard for things to survive long enough for Concentrate Firepower to proc, as it is).
    edited April 2020

Right now I am running a half bat/Photonic Officer setup that's very effective, but I feel like I want to try something different. I might be hitting you up for tips of I convert it to a Kinetic Killer. :wink:

Looking good. B)

Judging from how often I seem to get an AP dmg endeavor having such a build in the game is surely a good thing to have. Your stingers should deal with kinetic tasks just fine at the same time.
    animated.gif
This discussion has been closed.