test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Game Crashes at Splash Screen

dariryudariryu Member Posts: 6 Arc User
edited April 2020 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
I would file an in-game report, but... I can't actually log into the game. This seems to be the only Arc game that's doing this, so I have to assume this is a STO issue. On the "Star Trek: Legacy" splash screen, while I'm waiting for the game to load, the game with crash. I managed to get some details on the error, but I have no idea what any of it means. I don't know if I should post it here or wait until a mod asks me to PM it, because I don't actually know how sensitive the information is, whether someone can get information about my computer, etc.

EDIT: Apparently no, Neverwinter does it as well. So whatever's going on, it's something about those splash screens. It does not happen with Champions Online, however. This problem only started recently.
Post edited by dariryu on
Tagged:

Comments

• atrilakashatrilakash Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I seem to be experiencing the same problem, the game crashing before it even loads

I had STO on this same PC about a year ago, it was running without any problems then. Recently I tried installing the game again, and ran into this problem with the game crashing on startup. I tried reinstalling the game several times now, the problem persists.
  • kaithan1975kaithan1975 Member Posts: 947 Arc User
    By any chance do you have onboard Intel graphics?
  • atrilakashatrilakash Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I'm not 100% sure about it, but that's the likeliest, yes
    (The processor is Intel, and graphics do use the RAM, not a separate graphics card)

Is this the likely reason for the problem? And if so, is there a known way to fix it?