test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

'Help Choose the Summer Ship' on hold?

captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
I'm wondering if this is on hiatus or is it cancelled considering current events (corvid-19 social distancing)?

Considering that it could be done thanks to internet/teleconferencing from home, it's not as if Kael and company have to be in the same small room in the same building to work on ship design.

I know there's bigger things to worry about, but it's nice having a window into ship design.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,248 Arc User
    I'm wondering if this is on hiatus or is it cancelled considering current events (corvid-19 social distancing)?

Considering that it could be done thanks to internet/teleconferencing from home, it's not as if Kael and company have to be in the same small room in the same building to work on ship design.

I know there's bigger things to worry about, but it's nice having a window into ship design.

It's not cancelled, they're doing it over Skype (check the latest 10 foward weekly).
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,459 Arc User
    It would be nice if they showed the proto-designs in the forum or somewhere more visible.

From the initial announcement though it looks like they are probably planning to conduct both the viewing and the voting completely off-site and only available to people who are signed up with that third-party service (yes, I know anyone can watch the stuff there, but you need an account to reply and their account signup system has problems, assuming that they continue using Twitch). If they are switching to Skype that would not be much of an improvement.

Either way, a lot of people do not use or have Twitch, Skype, or Twitter.
  • jennycolvinjennycolvin Member Posts: 1,100 Arc User
    edited March 2020
    Uhm, the news article about it says:
    When all four drawings are done, we’ll put them up on our website and allow you to vote for your favorite.

This leads me to believe they will put them on here, not anywhere else.
    Unless they said something to the contrary in the latest stream?
    kv1Ohsx.png
    Not agreeing with someone doesn't give you the right to be an TRIBBLE.

Ci sono tre tipi di giocatori:
    - quelli a cui non va mai bene niente... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che sono talmente imbesuiti da credere a qualunque cosa i dev dicano, perfino che la luna è fatta di formaggio... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che credono a quello a cui è giusto credere, sono d'accordo con quello con cui è giusto essere d'accordo e sono critici con quello che non va;

Ai giocatori dei primi due tipi, gratis in omaggio un bello specchio lucente su cui arrampicarsi. E una mazzata in testa per la loro poca intelligenza e compassione verso gli altri giocatori che non la pensano come loro.
    Agli appartenenti al terzo tipo, invece, dico grazie. Anche se non sempre si riesce a mantenere la calma, siete quelli per cui vale la pena incazzarsi.
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,248 Arc User
    Uhm, the news article about it says:
    When all four drawings are done, we’ll put them up on our website and allow you to vote for your favorite.

This leads me to believe they will put them on here, not anywhere else.
    Unless they said something to the contrary in the latest stream?

As far as I can tell nothing to the contrary was stated, while the quality of the drawing might vary due being dependent on what members of the Cryptic staff members have avaible at their homes, the constest/voting should be going ahead as planned from what I've gathered. Well mostly as planned, we might be getting more footage of Kael's cats then was originally planned but that's about the only change :wink: .
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2020
    I've seen the 2nd video posted this week, with the Ambassador and Employee's working from home. It's available from their https://twitch.tv/crypticstudios

Everyone have a good day! <3
    0zxlclk.png
  • jennycolvinjennycolvin Member Posts: 1,100 Arc User
    @spiritborn thanks! :D
    kv1Ohsx.png
    Not agreeing with someone doesn't give you the right to be an TRIBBLE.

Ci sono tre tipi di giocatori:
    - quelli a cui non va mai bene niente... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che sono talmente imbesuiti da credere a qualunque cosa i dev dicano, perfino che la luna è fatta di formaggio... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che credono a quello a cui è giusto credere, sono d'accordo con quello con cui è giusto essere d'accordo e sono critici con quello che non va;

Ai giocatori dei primi due tipi, gratis in omaggio un bello specchio lucente su cui arrampicarsi. E una mazzata in testa per la loro poca intelligenza e compassione verso gli altri giocatori che non la pensano come loro.
    Agli appartenenti al terzo tipo, invece, dico grazie. Anche se non sempre si riesce a mantenere la calma, siete quelli per cui vale la pena incazzarsi.
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    Thank you for the video :)
This discussion has been closed.