test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

I've just had an idea...

dariussoongdariussoong Member Posts: 23 Arc User
Hi all,

So it looks like this isn't going to blow over and you're all stuck indoors for a while (welcome to the club!)

So I've been thinking...

What if we had something that we could do to keep ourselves occupied? A challenge maybe?

What if we all tried to finish the game on Elite Difficulty?

Too easy you say?

Ok...

How about we increase the stakes?

How about 1 life? No respawns! You fall/explode you die!!!

Ok, that may be going a bit TOO far, so how about this? You play Star Trek Online as a crew of 5. No respawns, however during ground combat you can be resuscitated and during space combat, if you're destroyed, you have to wait on the sidelines for the end of the mission!

Total party wipeout = characters have died! Start again!

I'm suggesting everyone is split into 3 groups for this:

Alpha Group:
You have Lifetime. You know how this all works. You have the t-shirt. You are going to find this easiest so therefore you are now a Sponsor of a member of Gamma Group! More on this later!

Beta Group:
You have at least 1 Expansion Pack. You've got some mean crafting skills. Other players of Beta group will know something you don't. Go say hi!

Gamma Group:
You're new. You started playing after watching Discovery or Picard. You think Star Trek is cool and have played other MMOs, or not. WELCOME! This is going to be WILD!

Sponsorship:
As a member of Alpha Group, you're already playing STO quite a lot and have at least 1 character who's completed every mission (even the ones that are gone) and has defeated every foe. I'm hoping that you have crafting up there too!

I'm asking you to help out people in Gamma Group. Sponsorship could be anything from walking a group of 5 players through the first few missions via Discord to leading a Gamma Group yourself, providing them with Very Rare Crafted Items (and maybe a few ec each). The point is that by helping people in Gamma Group you're passing on your knowledge and maybe helping those players stay around after this has subsided.

With everything that is going on, we are going to be told again and again to stay isolated. Just because we're home, it doesn't mean we're alone. Have a go at this! Or, come up with your own zany idea. Play as a D&D group in STO. Play as a Star Trek Away Mission gone wrong in Neverwinter!

The point is, start something. Staying in touch with people during this time is important and sometimes we all need to close the door on the world and explore strange new worlds. You never know, you might make some new friends while doing it!

Let me know what you think in the comments!

Live Long and Prosper,

Kris
aka Zephram Crusher@dariussoong
"Picard would never have hit me..." - Q

"I'm not Picard" - Sisko