test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Suggestions for science fiction games?

2»

Comments

• sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,443 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    I have finished all the Mass effect games (the 3rd, two different endings), excepted Andromeda. I begun andromeda but the animations are really ugly, and the human characters look like apes, their bodies are really badly proportioned. I don't know if I could forget these problems and continue the adventure in this game.

A mmo in the Mass Effect universe would have been really cool, or other games with the possibility to play the other races. Mass Effect franchise is really cool, even if their devs have closed the door of a lot of possibilities for a real Mass Effect 4 or 5.

I totally stop to play STO, and after Mass Effect; I don't know if I would have the courage to come back. :p

btw, what do you think about Bioshock? maybe the next game, that I'm going to try.

thx, for you comments.

According to Starship Troopers and proponents of the theory of evolution there is nothing wrong with humans looking like apes since they believe that humans and apes descended from a common ancestor. Also in what way do you believe that the MEA characters are really badly proportioned? In what way are the animations ugly? I used to watch a Let's Play of this series on Youtube, do not see these problems you are talking about.
    Post edited by sthe91 on
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,360 Arc User
    Humans and apes evolved from a common ancestor, but the proportions of the various species of genii Ho*o and Pan differ due to evolutionary pressures; a human should not have the proportions of either an ape or a monkey, any more than an elephant should be proportioned like a rhinoceros.

And the Marauder combat suits had ape-like proportions because the human operator had to fit inside. (The helmet's proportions were as they were largely to accommodate the sensor suite and displays; Rico speculated that this might be the origin of the common sergeant's call, "Listen up, you apes," but eventually decided that this was probably the norm at least as far back as Rome.)
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Battlestar Galactica Deadlock
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    One thing about Deadlock I want to know is... why the latest DLC has higher requirements for OS than the base game. Base game can run on Windows 7, but the Ghost Fleet DLC says it requires Windows 8?
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • foxkuramafoxkurama Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Are you up for a space combat flight simulator game? Do you have an old joystick lying around?

Because Freespace 2 still holds up quite well, and the fandom's maintenance and improvements to it since the source code was released has basically been keeping its graphics up to par with more modern games (you can also basically get the first game's campaign in it as a mod/custom campaign if you want too).

People have given a lot of love to the game as far as mods and custom campaigns go too. Babylon 5 got a pretty big mod-campaign as I recall, and that was back when I last played it like 3 years ago, so there may well be more stuff to boot by now.

Its not an RTS or MMO, of course. But its always worth noting as even the original, unmodified/updated game is still one of the best space fighter combat games ever made.
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    oh hell yes, definitely give freespace 2 a buy - it's one of the best space flight sims that's ever been made (i say with a none-too-small amount of bias, since i heavily played it many moons ago)​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
    I don't know Shadow... the Wing Commander and X-Wing games are pretty legendary too. B)
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    that's why i said ONE of the best...not that i ever played any wing commander game - maybe someone will do for one of those games what they did for FS2...but it's certain that none of them will ever get an official remaster since CR is too busy fleecing hundreds of millions from gullible idiots via scam citizen​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    In the meantime, you actually can get the games from either GOG or Origin. I'd suggest GOG honestly, as they have all the games. As far as I know Origin only has 3 and 4, and maybe Prophecy.

• theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,985 Arc User
    Shame it's hard to get hold of,
    Star Trek Bridge Commander
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,985 Arc User
      The original Command and Conquer with expansions along with Command and Conquer Red Alert and Red Alert 2 with expansions.

Great games back in the day
      NMXb2ph.png
        "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
        -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
        edited April 2020
        those are getting remastered, apparently

but the C&C game i REALLY want remastered is generals - preferably with the wall and POW systems they never finished for the original game finished and made working, but i know that's not likely to happen​​

#LegalizeAwoo

coldnapalm wrote: »
        If we are going DOS era oldies...Mechwarrior 2 mercenaries. Best Mechwarrior game of the series.

Don't know about Mech 2 Mercs, but I have played MechWarrior 2. Loved the Timber Wolf (Mad Cat) and Marauder. I also remember just landing a PPC NEAR an Elemental would kill it. lol
        Also someone actually remade the soundtrack in 2013, and people were amazed.
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEVb_HQuxQA
      • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
        that's why i said ONE of the best...not that i ever played any wing commander game - maybe someone will do for one of those games what they did for FS2...but it's certain that none of them will ever get an official remaster since CR is too busy fleecing hundreds of millions from gullible idiots via scam citizen​​
        Aw, but the bad guys are giant cat-people! I thought you liked those(or was it liked killing?)?
        -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
        My character Tsin'xing
        Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
        Aw, but the bad guys are giant cat-people!

Only in the first 3 games. 4 was more of an almost civil war between the Confederation and the Border Worlds, and Prophecy introduced a brand new enemy, the insectoid Nephilim.
      • umbrakrazoazero#1118 umbrakrazoazero Member Posts: 1 Arc User
        I guess you could play Doom Eternal now that it's out. Kerbal Space Program is another I'd recommend. It's pretty fun.