test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Achilles class

achilleszxachilleszx Member Posts: 1 Arc User
HI folks,

Long time player first time poster had a question for anyone in the know, would it at all be in the realm of possibilities for the Achilles class of starship featured in Star Trek Deep Space Nine: Dominion Wars to be added into the game? I recently watched the intro for that game and its still just as epic as i remembered and I think the Achilles class would make for a fantastic addition to the game. Thanks in advance for any information.

Comments

• seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    Rule of thumb is if it's not a design directly owned by CBS but a third party the anwser is no.
    There have been exceptions like the Ent-F, Chimera and the unused desgins that eventually made it in but if it's from another game and owned by another company the chances are basically zero.
  • trillbuffettrillbuffet Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    I almost forgot about that game but it shouldn't be an issue now that the viacom company has re-merged back with cbs its all one franchise again so anything viacom/paramount licensed should be available for this game now. To me looking at again it looks like its 3 pieces of different ships placed into one ship. So technically it looks like a sovy saucer, intrepid forward body, and then the aft part of it looks like the pylons/torpedo launcher housing for an akira. I could see them making this ship as like the ultimate science cruiser/multi vector which also could potentially have that torpedo love the akira has. So it could do saucer separation from the sovy saucer/intrepid forward piece, which then the intrepid part come become its own unique science apparatus, and then the aft part could transform into like a mobile torpedo platform. I mostly play the KDF but I would sure love to play something like this if it could do all that especially since in theory it looks like it could.
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,247 Arc User
    I almost forgot about that game but it shouldn't be an issue now that the viacom company has re-merged back with cbs its all one franchise again so anything viacom/paramount licensed should be available for this game now. To me looking at again it looks like its 3 pieces of different ships placed into one ship. So technically it looks like a sovy saucer, intrepid forward body, and then the aft part of it looks like the pylons/torpedo launcher housing for an akira. I could see them making this ship as like the ultimate science cruiser/multi vector which also could potentially have that torpedo love the akira has. So it could do saucer separation from the sovy saucer/intrepid forward piece, which then the intrepid part come become its own unique science apparatus, and then the aft part could transform into like a mobile torpedo platform. I mostly play the KDF but I would sure love to play something like this if it could do all that especially since in theory it looks like it could.

Well the thing is that when it comes to other games the content is essentially owned by the developers of that game as far as licensing goes so CBS/Paramount cannot give a license to use those designs but rather Cryptic has to ask the developer/publisher for premission.

Of the exceptions the Enterprise-F is essentially a Cryptic orginal as is the Chimera IIRC, as for the concepts those would be owned by CBS/Paramount IIRC.