test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tkon's & Mudd Androids possible Sto Picard/Tos style Storyline idea (Some spoilers from Picard ep 8)

thevampinatorthevampinator Member Posts: 637 Arc User
I won't spoil to much from Picard. Except for some elements from Episode 8.
Androids and sentient computers have been a focus for many Star Trek Episodes. Especially Tos which has them.
How this ties into Picard is well very obvious. The T'kon Empire predated the Iconians. After looking up the T'kon Empire I know this somehow can tie into the Picard Storyline even if not mentioned.

Spoilers for Picard. The 8 Star System. This isn't something that nature would do naturally eight stars a planet in the middle as a warning against Synthetic life.
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Conclave_of_Eight
The only way this system could be set up is if it was placed that way by a powerful civilization that can move Stars. There just happens to be one. The T'kon Empire, their lore page mentions this ability of theirs directly to move stars.
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Tkon_Empire
The Empire had a population of trillions and was highly advanced technologically. The Tkon had the ability to move entire stars, using planets as outposts for defense.

Evidence that ties the Androids to the T'kon the Mudd Andriods. They were created by a Civilization that had their star supernova. They don't mention them by name I think but its clearly the same civilization/race. As the T'kons homestar went supernova.
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Mudd_androids
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Android

A Class K planet was inhabited by thousands of advanced androids originally from the Andromeda Galaxy. Their makers had established outposts throughout their own galaxy, and had built only a handful of outposts in the Milky Way Galaxy; however, when the sun of their home star system went nova, most of their civilization was destroyed. The remaining makers died out over time, leaving only distant outposts of androids.

What the Devs could do is maybe explore this. When doing a Picard storyline not only exploring the conclave of eight but also exploring the T'kon Empire and the Android outposts as its all connected the Circumstantial evidence supports this. If you put all the pieces of the Puzzle together. It Ties to a Civilization that existed many years before the Iconians. Very few civilizations have the means to move Stars. The one that does it has lore that says they had that power. So clearly there is a T'kon connection and given the warning was about Synthetic Life. A race had outposts of these Andriods its safe to assume that it was the T'kon Race that put the Conclave of Eight stars and the planet that is the warning for others not to do what they did.
So do you guys think they should actually take us to Planet Mudd? Using Discovery Mudd for the storyline? To have an over all a storyline that explores all of this from the T'kons to the Conclave of Eight Stars, The Mudd Andriods and the various Android outposts. As clearly we have not really explored into the T'kons just the Iconians and the T'kons Predate the Iconians. It would be a unique storyline that would allow us to have some exploration.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,504 Arc User
    The T'kon would sort of work if the 200,000 centuries figure is correct, but not if the correct one is 200,000 years because the T'kon died out 600,000 years before TNG.
  • captainbrian11captainbrian11 Member Posts: 733 Arc User
    200,000 centuries would mean 200,000,000 years, it seems odd that a race would leave a message 400,000 years before they where wiped out. the message makes more sense if it was a message sent shortly before the race was completely destoyed. which is why I favor the Iconians ( we don't know the Iconians can move stars but we don't know with certainty they could not)

this of course assumes it's a race we've heard of and isn't some completely new race
  • thevampinatorthevampinator Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited March 2020
    The T'kon would sort of work if the 200,000 centuries figure is correct, but not if the correct one is 200,000 years because the T'kon died out 600,000 years before TNG.

I'm not the first one to come up with the Tkon Connection other people were peddling it before I even made the connection on my own.
    Given if it was a race introduced in Tng that made the Star System that way if its true the show runner made mention of that. Read that somewhere on Reddit. There is only one race that could fit the bill. I mean the Q could do it maybe but why would they they are to powerful to be wiped out by Androids. Dowads they can wipe them out however I doubt they would be threatened by Andriods. The Tkons had two more ages after their sun went supernova. They were numbered in the trillions a race with that number of people wouldn't just go extinct. Unless something causes them to go extinct given they numbered in the trillions I doubt a world could hold that many people and being an intersteller empire they would not have their eggs all in one basket. Iconians from what we know were wiped out by other races that were fearful and jealous of them. They were not wiped out by Androids. Mudd Androids are connected to a species who star went supernova. Iconians never had their star go supernova. So it isn't Iconians it can't be iconians, it would have to be the Tkons as they numbered in Trillions. Not billions. I doubt even the Federation with all the humans possibly in several billion on several worlds. With them on all the planets and starbases and everything I doubt they would even come close to a trillion in Population at one time. So yeah the Tkons would have survived the Supernova because they had trillions in population they wouldn't have been all wiped out. Most of their race likely survived it other then the ones living in the seat of their power.
    \

So there was several ages the from Memory Alpha for the Tkon Race Bastu, Cimi, Xora, and Makto. It was during the Age of Makto when the central star of their home system destabilized and went supernova, However it was part of the script that there was two ages after the time of Makto. Age of Ozari and Age of Fendor. So counting those this would mean there would be two more ages before the Tkons met their fate and went extinct for the most part. I would take it the Ozari would be the age of Survival after a cataclysm and Fendor the Age of Extinction the age that might be the one where the Androids turned on them and wiped most of them out leading to the formation of the Conclave of Eight. That is my theory on it. So they didn't just die after their supernova they lived so many years after that happened. But over time got wiped out by their own creations centuries after their sun went supernova.

https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Makers

• legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    edited March 2020
    200,000 centuries would mean 200,000,000 years, it seems odd that a race would leave a message 400,000 years before they where wiped out. the message makes more sense if it was a message sent shortly before the race was completely destoyed. which is why I favor the Iconians ( we don't know the Iconians can move stars but we don't know with certainty they could not)

this of course assumes it's a race we've heard of and isn't some completely new race

20,000,000 - a century is 100 years, not 1000​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • captainbrian11captainbrian11 Member Posts: 733 Arc User
    whoops, one too many zeros put in but yeah, eaither way the tkon don't line up with any of the dates
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    it DOES line up with the iconians, though - cryptic's version anyway, since they were the firstborn of the preservers

the STP team asked for everything relating to STO's story before they started filming, so maybe they borrowed that bit - would be nice if they'd actually include ONE thing from STO (that isn't a ship class) so that data transfer wasn't a complete waste of time on cryptic's part​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • blitzy4blitzy4 Member Posts: 839 Arc User
    <Entering Tin foil hat mode for fun> Who said anything about the system being made originally for the warning, perhaps it was made earlier?</disengaging Tin foil hat mode>
    jKixCmJ.jpg
    "..and like children playing after sunset, we were surrounded by darkness." -Ruri Hoshino

This discussion has been closed.