test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Non frigate pets.. what's the best hangar pet for Federation?

annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,593 Arc User
The romulan drones are by far the best for the roms, and that have the scorpions, I have access the the UR Scorpions for the legendary Oddy, it comes with type 8, but what about the tactical fliers that are from the Discoprise? I have rare Daube runabout UR Delta flier, Rare tactical fliers UR Scorpions and Rare Peregrines.
awkward.jpg
We Want Vic Fontaine
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    I'm partial to Elite Class C Shuttles. Native Beam Overload 3 and Aceton Beam 3. On a ship with 2 hanger slots, having the ability to slap 12 stacks of Aceton 3 is amusing.
    No shuttle based torps, but they do come with a beam array and Omni beam array.
    And if you have Superior Area Denial trait, should be even more fun giving them a FAW.

I do have access to the Elite Xindi-Primate Heavy Fighters, but those are locked to Xindi ships only. Otherwise I would be using those. Quantums with Torp Spread 3 x8 is pretty entertaining.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    The romulan drones are by far the best for the roms, and that have the scorpions, I have access the the UR Scorpions for the legendary Oddy, it comes with type 8, but what about the tactical fliers that are from the Discoprise? I have rare Daube runabout UR Delta flier, Rare tactical fliers UR Scorpions and Rare Peregrines.

Tactical Flyers are very good, if you have access to those it's a really good way to go. On my captains that don't have access to Flyers or Drones, I run Elite Obelisk Swarmers, they're good DPS pets.

If you have the Vengeance, the Kelvin Timeline Assault Drones are fantastic.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    My Discovery Constitution uses Wings based on the Damage Type Loadout.

Anti-proton - Obelisk Swarmers
    Disruptor - Yakuwa Frigates
    Kinetic - Yakuwa Frigates
    Phaser - Tactical Flyers
    Plasma - Scorpion Fighters
    Polaron - Jem'Hadar Fighters
    Tetryon - Tholian Widows

The deck gang is the best, being able to swap out and maintain so many disparate Wings. :)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • edrickvellorinedrickvellorin Member Posts: 346 Arc User
    A bit of general advice that the TC probably already knows: Type aside, the best hangar pets are Elite pets obtainable via fleet holdings. (For anyone reading this thread who doesn't know this.)
  • annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,593 Arc User
    except the epoch fighters won't slot on the Odessey
    awkward.jpg
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited March 2020
    A bit of general advice that the TC probably already knows: Type aside, the best hangar pets are Elite pets obtainable via fleet holdings. (For anyone reading this thread who doesn't know this.)

While this is usually true, it's not a hard rule.

For example, the Lost Souls of Grethor from the fek'ihri farang. These are some of the best hangar pets in the game, but as you can see here the Elites seem to have a problem that makes them parse well under that of the basic pets.

There are other pets too where the Elite Versions provide such a little increase that their value could be debated. Best to just research the exact pets you're interested in.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    edited March 2020
    That's a bit of a tough question, as some fighters/shuttle can't be used on all ships.

Then is going to be up to what energy type your weapon are. Since you damage boosts consoles for those, along with traits and such, also boost the damage of the fighters/shuttles.
    ltminns wrote: »

Phaser - Tactical Flyers
    Tetryon - Tholian Widows

The deck gang is the best, being able to swap out and maintain so many disparate Wings. :)

I found the Risian ones in the Dil store are also good for Tet. I just can't remember if you can equip them on any ship.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    trennan wrote: »
    That's a bit of a tough question, as some fighters/shuttle can't be used on all ships.

Then is going to be up to what energy type your weapon are. Since you damage boosts consoles for those, along with traits and such, also boost the damage of the fighters/shuttles.

Phaser - Tactical Flyers
    Tetryon - Tholian Widows

I found the Risian ones in the Dil store are also good for Tet. I just can't remember if you can equip them on any ship.

Risian ones??? what Risian ones??... also Yukawa... I love those pets! and of course the Drones, if you have the T'Laru (Mirror Scorpions are great, but limited to the T'Laru.. :neutral: )
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
    gaevsman wrote: »

Phaser - Tactical Flyers
    Tetryon - Tholian Widows

Risian ones??? what Risian ones??... also Yukawa... I love those pets! and of course the Drones, if you have the T'Laru (Mirror Scorpions are great, but limited to the T'Laru.. :neutral: )

These, though unfortunately they are locked to the Vorgon ships. Wish they weren't. But, ehh...

https://sto.gamepedia.com/Hangar_-_Advanced_Vorgon_Echentis_Frigate
    Mm5NeXy.gif

Phaser - Tactical Flyers
    Tetryon - Tholian Widows

These, though unfortunately they are locked to the Vorgon ships. Wish they weren't. But, ehh...

Ahhh!!, yes, the Vorgon pets are great, among the Xindi ones, and the Breen Frigates (i know we'r not supposed to talk about frigates, but they are really good)
    edited March 2020

Phaser - Tactical Flyers
    Tetryon - Tholian Widows

Ahhh!!, yes, the Vorgon pets are great, among the Xindi ones, and the Breen Frigates (i know we'r not supposed to talk about frigates, but they are really good)

I refered to them as Risian, cause, well. the ships are from Loluhnat, aka Summer Event.
    Mm5NeXy.gif

Phaser - Tactical Flyers
    Tetryon - Tholian Widows

I refered to them as Risian, cause, well. the ships are from Loluhnat, aka Summer Event.

Yeah, i get it now, for a moment in my mind, it was like "WHAAAATTTT?, what did i misss!!!" :lol:

Phaser - Tactical Flyers
    Tetryon - Tholian Widows

Yeah, i get it now, for a moment in my mind, it was like "WHAAAATTTT?, what did i misss!!!" :lol:

Oh believe me, I've been wanting actual Risian fighters and asmallcraft forever and a day now. My main char's background was being raised on Risa. So, the lack there of, has been a thorn in my side for while.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Party Shuttles? ;)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • chastity1337chastity1337 Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    Party Shuttles? ;)

Toga! Toga! Toga!
    Party Shuttles? ;)

Celebratory Skiff would be the proper term.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • captainbrian11captainbrian11 Member Posts: 733 Arc User
    main-qimg-86606ff65e609db1322cd33cb35cf6a6

^Risian shuttle. can't change my mind
  • ksathra2ksathra2 Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    main-qimg-86606ff65e609db1322cd33cb35cf6a6

^Risian shuttle. can't change my mind

Risian shuttle with firework based antimatter spread? XD
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    d515muw-b590d57a-dd85-4fe0-bd0a-917f38a73a7d.gif?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJpc3MiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwic3ViIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTpmaWxlLmRvd25sb2FkIl0sIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiIvZi9iZmM4ZGUwYS0yNzZiLTRmYjMtOTI1My0yYzc0OWJhM2UzMDgvZDUxNW11dy1iNTkwZDU3YS1kZDg1LTRmZTAtYmQwYS05MTdmMzhhNzNhN2QuZ2lmIn1dXX0.uuJFB3Y1PRbvKeojHJRzYzZeTVHILHUXjSmSPYIGev0
    Oh god that's funny. Complete with sound effects and everything?
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
This discussion has been closed.