test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Sudden framerate drop after system crash

Ok, so I tried enabling Freesync for STO, but it caused the game to crash, and then when I tried launching with it still enabled it caused a full system freeze. (necessitating a hard restart)

After this happened, all of my framerates are somewhere between 1/2 and 1/3 of what they were before the crash, but only for STO.

I have tried removing the STO cache, clearing the AMD Shader Cache, verifying files, and varying graphics settings, all to no avail.

I used to get 75FPS average when running at 4k resolution, now I get 25FPS. I used to get 160+FPS at 1080p, but now I'm getting 81FPS.
Tagged:

Comments

• btgbullseyebtgbullseye Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    Ok, so I tried enabling Freesync for STO, but it caused the game to crash, and then when I tried launching with it still enabled it caused a full system freeze. (necessitating a hard restart)

After this happened, all of my framerates are somewhere between 1/2 and 1/3 of what they were before the crash, but only for STO.

I have tried removing the STO cache, clearing the AMD Shader Cache, verifying files, and varying graphics settings, all to no avail.

I used to get 75FPS average when running at 4k resolution, now I get 25FPS. I used to get 160+FPS at 1080p, but now I'm getting 81FPS.

Sorry, forgot to mention I did turn off Freesync immediately after the crash. I also performed a DDU and reinstall of the latest drivers, with no change in framerates.
  • xindax76xindax76 Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    I have the same issue - after today's patch - changing toon, or teleport/beam up - crash.

https://zapodaj.net/d5fb0603a46e0.png.html