test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Legendary ships vs T6 ships?

jarfarujarfaru Member Posts: 572 Arc User
I would like to know what these legendary ships are compared to the T6 ships i already own please?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,636 Arc User
    Legendary ships are Tier 6 ships. Most of the Legendary versions of C-Store ships are a little bit better, and any based on box (Lockbox/Promotion/Lobi) ships are usually more side-grades.

If you'd like to look at all the stats, check https://sto.gamepedia.com/Playable_starship and 'Show' the 'Starfleet:' section to be able to view stats.
  • Options
    salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    In general, the Legendary versions are all either different specializations of existing T6 ships OR they are upgraded to full specialization versions with some differences in boff seating and console layouts. They also come with unique skins and ship traits as well as all of the skins, ship traits and consoles that their lower tier versions would normally unlock.

It's difficult to address all 10 ships in a single post, so I would suggest that you look at their stats either on the wiki or on the blogs. If you would like a specific ship or two broken down, than I'm sure that one of us could manage that for you.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • Options
    westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,215 Arc User
    Most of the legendary ships are superior to their originals. Partially due to full spec seatings. For example the NX and Kelvin Connie are much better, as are the Legendary Voyager and defiant. The Disco Connie and the TOS connie are still really good and so are the remaining ships. The only ship I found lacking is the Legendary Galaxy.
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • Options
    avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    Some I find slightly better although I am disappointed with a few changes between them, while with others I found them very disappointing.
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    The loss of the 12th console on the Legendary Temporal Flight-Deck Carrier (as the result of losing MW status/seating) was a bit of a blow to me. And the new Crossfield felt 'less than' too. Warship Voyager kicks major TRIBBLE, and Defiant does too. And Legendary Miracle Worker Light Cruiser was as awesome as it should have been. :)
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    westmetals wrote: »
    Yeah. The Legendary Intrepid for example, they changed around the BOFF seating so that it now has a Cmdr Sci/MW, a Lt Sci and a LtC Eng/Pilot, while the original had those three as Cmdr Sci, LtC Sci and Lt Eng/Intel. (The other two seats - a Lt Tac and Lt Uni - are unchanged).

The console layout was also changed from 3 Eng / 5 Sci / 2 Tac (Fleet had 3 Tac) to 4 Eng / 5 Sci / 2 Tac / 1 Uni. So if you use the Uni as Tac, it gained +1 Eng over the Fleet version; compared to the standard version, it gains +1 Eng plus one of whatever you use the Uni for.

The interesting bit there is, if you use the Uni as Sci, it allows 6x Sci consoles, while otherwise still having six other slots (just like the Fleet, but in a different configuration : 4 Eng 2 Tac here, while the Fleet has 3/3). Most sci/torp type builds (which is the most popular use of an Intrepid chassis, and supported by the details of the Ablative Generator console) are going to be using multiple universal consoles anyway, though, so the configuration of the non-Sci console slots is possibly a meaningless detail.

I personally haven't quite figured out what MW or Pilot skills are good on a sci/torp build, and losing the LtC Sci slot and the Intel spec are both slight hits to such a build, so the BOFF layout change might be a net negative. (The continued lack of access to LtC Tac skills - by which I mean Torpedo Spread III - is also a negative, but the original Intrepid and Fleet have the same problem.) The addition of a console slot and a hangar, however, quite likely means that the ship as a whole is still better.

Given the "Warship Voyager" skin, I was hoping that the Legendary Intrepid would have a more taccy focus, but instead they went in the engineering direction. (Not a true warship, of course, but I was hoping for the LtC Tac and at least 3 Tac console slots.)

With 1 LtC Sci slot used up by PO2 (+ IPO Trait), the lack of the second LtC Sci slot is felt (I meant to put DOC3 in there). But 6x Sci consoles, that's just wicked. :) I have 2 torps on mine, but they fare well by TS1, as they're only there in support of the space magic anyway.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    edrickvellorinedrickvellorin Member Posts: 346 Arc User
    As you can see from the posts, opinions vary on whether the legendary ships are better/worse then their T6/Fleet T6 versions. But one other note is that the new costumes, once the pack is bought, can be used on the regular versions of the ships. So if you like the Fleet T6 Intrepid's stats better, but want to fly the Warship skin, you can do that. You can even have both ships in your roster at the same time. Personally, I like Miracle Worker better then Temporal, so I think I like the Legendary Miracle Worker Light Cruiser better then I would the Temporal Light Cruiser version. Pilot Defiant is just plain fun.

The only issues (that haven't been fixed yet) that I have with any of the ships so far are pattern issues with some of the Light Cruiser parts that I hope they fix. (Which I bug reported.) Of course, I'm not an expert on ship builds and min/maxing, and probably wouldn't last long if I ever tried to do PVP, but that's fine with me.
  • Options
    salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    General rule...the c-store one are gonna be better...with the defiant getting a HUGE upgrade. The lockbox ones are around the same. The promo ones got a downgrade.
    This is too generalized IMO as the lockbox JJprise got a massive upgrade. The Miracle Worker Connie is also a good upgrade. Agreed that all the c-store versions are better hands down. The only "disappointment" of the bunch is the Galaxy IMO. It's still technically better but I hoped for a different spec and/or boff layout.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • Options
    jarfarujarfaru Member Posts: 572 Arc User
    So these ship are a little better than a T6 ship?
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    General rule...the c-store one are gonna be better...with the defiant getting a HUGE upgrade. The lockbox ones are around the same. The promo ones got a downgrade.

I don't think any of the C-Store Connies are nearly as good as the Promo one. The Promo Flight Deck Carrier is still the best Connie in the game IMO. The only thing the C-Store one has over the Promo is the account unlock (granted, that's huge.)

As for the difference between the Legendary and the regular C-Store version.. the Legendary are a little better for a huge amount of money. The 'regular' versions are just fine. The only ones to me that look like a real big upgrade are the Defiant and perhaps the Sovereign. The Odyssey is better overall, but it's hard to justify the cost if you already have the C-Store versions and you're just looking for an upgrade. It's just not enough given the cost.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    captainbrian11captainbrian11 Member Posts: 733 Arc User

I don't think any of the C-Store Connies are nearly as good as the Promo one. The Promo Flight Deck Carrier is still the best Connie in the game IMO. The only thing the C-Store one has over the Promo is the account unlock (granted, that's huge.)

As for the difference between the Legendary and the regular C-Store version.. the Legendary are a little better for a huge amount of money. The 'regular' versions are just fine. The only ones to me that look like a real big upgrade are the Defiant and perhaps the Sovereign. The Odyssey is better overall, but it's hard to justify the cost if you already have the C-Store versions and you're just looking for an upgrade. It's just not enough given the cost.

the "little bit better for a huge amount of money" of course assumes you're buying for an upgrade, which yeah proably a waste. but if you happen to not have most of the ships, the pack is actually a pretty good deal.
  • Options
    smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,664 Arc User
    Just t6 ships with a lil something different about em, is all.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options

the "little bit better for a huge amount of money" of course assumes you're buying for an upgrade, which yeah proably a waste. but if you happen to not have most of the ships, the pack is actually a pretty good deal.

Agreed completely.
  • Options
    joshmauljoshmaul Member Posts: 519 Arc User

I confess this was a lot of my motivation for it. I already had the lockbox Crossfield and Kelvinprise, but what I really wanted was the regular Connie, and I always had TRIBBLE luck with the promobox. The other additions proved to be worth it as well - the Disco-tution, the mirror goodies for the Crossfield, the Vizier Sovereign, the NX... so now if I end up using my 500 Zen a month on lockboxes and promoboxes, and somehow I DO get something, I can actually make some EC off it, heh.
    TW1sr57.jpg
    "There's No Way Like Poway!"

Real Join Date: October 2010
  • Options
    nimbullnimbull Member Posts: 1,564 Arc User
    Didn't really see a need to purchase the legendary ships even though I really want a T6 TOS Connie. I gave up on Fed long ago when Cryptic wasn't about releasing a top tier TOS Connie and at this point I really didn't feel like going after it because I gave up long ago.
    Green people don't have to be.... little.
  • Options
    spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,263 Arc User
    > @seaofsorrows said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Agreed completely.

Yeah for those of us who don't have souls to sell for the promo ships this pack is great.
  • Options
    lasoniolasonio Member Posts: 490 Arc User

This is a statement i still cant understand because it is half truths. It is literally buying into the hands of people spreading false information. It's so ridiculous that it borders on if not falls under a bold faced lie.

Let's key in on cost wise. I own all these ships so I will speak to my experience. There are 2 infinity class ships and 2 lock box ships and 1 lobi ship in this set. Your statement sets that aside as if it's no big deal. We wont get into the monetary cost of those ships though we all know one infinity box ship cost more then the highest value package at a discount. Two of them would be worth more then the highest pack without a discount and you would get change back. A pack in which you are getting far more then if you purchased the ship. Put that in mind.

secondly. If you took the price of the highest ship pack and calculated our numbers from zero zen and split it in ten and add the sale in which it was released since that's what we are referring to, we will put it all into context. You are literally paying 22.00 usd per ship when each cstore ship is 30.00 Now granted if you missed the sale it would jump up to 45.00 per ship without the sale. So since this is referring to the release price then how exactly is it a huge price for a cstore ship when it is in fact cheaper you just happen to have to buy 10 of them in bulk. So how exactly is it that you are getting a slightly better item that comes with the most free stuff for slightly more when mathematically it is by all accounts slightly less? Almost a third of the price? And keep in mind you are including 2 lock box ships at a world value of 175-200 each not counting and 2 infinity at 225-300 each (Should be three since you get the Promo Discovery trait and console.) and one lobi that's around 250-300 if you open packs to get it.

Even if we took away all the additional free stuff and just took the legendary traits. You would be the same as if buying 10 new ships for ten new traits and it would be cheaper then buying 10 ships piecemeal.

And that is not even putting it to the cheaper version which would come out to 19.25 per ship. So again it is a half truth that is being spun to convenience a narrative. Yet when put to actual real world numbers it falls so woefully short that it is almost a lie.

In real world numbers this pack would cost 1460.00. Even more if I took the time to calculate not just the ship but each trait as a separate ship.

This is what aggravates me the most. People pretend as if this is a huge price when literally to purchase one of these promo ships beforehand literally costed more then the entire package. It's as if your statements removes that from the equations. Denigrating the ones who paid it originally so you can raise up your own argument when in fact that statement alone has been proven to be false. Literally in zen each ship is 2250 zen each 750 zen less then their counterparts for a slightly better ship.
    Even god rested. No work ethic.
  • Options
    lasoniolasonio Member Posts: 490 Arc User
    spiritborn wrote: »
    > @seaofsorrows said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Agreed completely.

Yeah for those of us who don't have souls to sell for the promo ships this pack is great.

Hmm... how exactly does one go about selling their soul because they have additional assets to spend on the video game you are enjoying? Each time we,, well no longer me, but each time they purchase an item does it not prolong the days weeks months years you can enjoy this game? Yet they are some sort of soulless apparition?

So in your mind anyone that has liquidity or enough expendable assets to purchase items in the game are some sort of moral-less abomination that sold their souls to corporations. So what does that make the workers at these corporations? Demons of some sort going about the world trying to tempt everyday mortals into relinquishing their souls and the souls of their first born for a video game item? And what does that make you? A saint that in fact desires to sell your soul but have yet to be given the opportunity because obviously from your statement you want the ship, you just haven't found a way to make your soul valuable enough that it could be traded in for it.

That is some weird Faustian concepts you got going on there.
    Even god rested. No work ethic.
  • Options
    foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    lasonio wrote: »
    > @seaofsorrows said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Agreed completely.

Hmm... how exactly does one go about selling their soul because they have additional assets to spend on the video game you are enjoying? Each time we,, well no longer me, but each time they purchase an item does it not prolong the days weeks months years you can enjoy this game? Yet they are some sort of soulless apparition?

So in your mind anyone that has liquidity or enough expendable assets to purchase items in the game are some sort of moral-less abomination that sold their souls to corporations. So what does that make the workers at these corporations? Demons of some sort going about the world trying to tempt everyday mortals into relinquishing their souls and the souls of their first born for a video game item? And what does that make you? A saint that in fact desires to sell your soul but have yet to be given the opportunity because obviously from your statement you want the ship, you just haven't found a way to make your soul valuable enough that it could be traded in for it.

That is some weird Faustian concepts you got going on there.

There's no reason to take what was said so literally. There is no context to what you quoted justifying your extended metaphor.
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    > @seaofsorrows said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Agreed completely.

For me, the Promo ship was cheaper because the Connie was all I wanted. The rest of the ships are a good enough value, I just really only wanted the Connie. For my needs, the Promo Ship has a better layout then the C-Store version so 'buying' one ship was much cheaper for me. All my characters fly different ships so all I needed was one. I had almost enough EC when the ship dropped, I think I spent about $10 to top off my resources.

Again though, in my case.. I already have the previous C-Store version of all the ships. If I didn't have any (or most) of those ships, then it would be a different story completely.
    This is a statement i still cant understand because it is half truths. It is literally buying into the hands of people spreading false information. It's so ridiculous that it borders on if not falls under a bold faced lie.

Stopped reading there, and you can go @#$% yourself. If you want to open a respectful dialogue then that's cool, but if you're going to come at me like that, for no reason at all, then you can cram it with walnuts. Everything I stated was my opinion and I am welcome to that just as you are. Calling someones opinion a 'bold faced lie' is a childish and ridiculous way to open a dialogue.

You're beneath me troll.
  • Options
    Again, many of the ships in the legendary pack are significant upgrades that are quite superior to the old version, yet people tend to act like it's a "minor" improvement. Again the Kelvin Connie, Voyager, Defiant and NX got huge buffs. The MW TOS constitution has a worse offer layout, but Miracle worker is a much better apec than temporal so it's pretty balanced compared to the Promo version. The Donnie is somewhat worse than the promo version, but unlocks the best beams in the game for all feds and has those sweet hangar pets so while a downgrade it's still an amazing ship. The Legendary Sovereign gets quite the buff over the normal variants in the Miracle worker spec, though the lack of a 2and lt Cmdr slot bothers me. The Legendary Oddysey is a pretty big improvement in the hangar bay but it's not as great of a buff as others.

The only ship that is actually just barely better than the normal version is the Galaxy class. I can't even be bothered to use the legendary galaxy so far because it is so lackluster.
  • Options
    westx211 wrote: »
    Again, many of the ships in the legendary pack are significant upgrades that are quite superior to the old version, yet people tend to act like it's a "minor" improvement.

People have their own opinions. If you feel the upgrade is significant, then that's great.. but others are just as free to have their opinion as yours. Most of these ships, to me.. are just that.. Minor Improvements.
  • Options
    westx211 wrote: »
    Again, many of the ships in the legendary pack are significant upgrades that are quite superior to the old version, yet people tend to act like it's a "minor" improvement.

People have their own opinions. If you feel the upgrade is significant, then that's great.. but others are just as free to have their opinion as yours. Most of these ships, to me.. are just that.. Minor Improvements.

And people are entitled to disagree with other people's opinions. Such that I do with yours. That is why I went very in depth on why I feel so many are significant upgrades, though I never saw you explain why you believe its so... "Minor"
  • Options
    lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User
    I'm happy with the ships I fly...the Connie may lose the 12th console slot but the molecular reconstruction beam is nice and some of the traits are really nice.
  • Options

You should have stopped at "I still can't understand", instead of proceeeding with this long-winded ad hominem against seaofsorrows. He made a cogent case, for himself, that when you already own all the non-Legendary ships, that it is then "hard to justify the cost if you already have the C-Store versions and you're just looking for an upgrade. It's just not enough given the cost."
    There are 2 infinity class ships and 2 lock box ships and 1 lobi ship in this set. Your statement sets that aside as if it's no big deal.

Yeah, except he wan't talking about all ships in the pack, but only about the existing C-Store versions vs. the new, Legendary ones. To which he concluded, that if you were only looking for a Defiant upgrade, and a slightly better Ody, the total deal of $150 isn't worth it -- a statement which I fully agree with, btw: it was quite a reasonable opinion, and most certainly not "a bold faced lie."
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,318 Arc User
    Is it accurate to say they're comparable to Fleet T6 versions, or are they yet another step above that.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    > @questerius said:
    > Is it accurate to say they're comparable to Fleet T6 versions, or are they yet another step above that.

They're kind of a step above that in almost every case.
  • Options
    drunkflux#5679 drunkflux Member Posts: 215 Arc User
    Whats best comes down to feel and how well it performs in your hand given your current playstyle. That can and likely will change as your playstyle evolves and the situations your placing yourself in but its very subjective.

I mean what matters is your timing with buffs in tfos, how well and efficiently you can position.

I admit I prefer ships with a balance of toughnesa and agility. And surprisingly ive fallen in love with the legendary defiant currently. I also plan to make a presidio build at some point with high turning upgrades. I'm not perfect at this game, far from it. But my best results are most often in a balanced agile ship.

Thinking of ideas from lots of games for, dunno how long now.
This discussion has been closed.